PDA

View Full Version : When do you end your Ebay auctions?

phorsenuf
06-20-2006, 02:58 PM
I'm getting back to Ebaying after a years break (I was working part-time). I used to end my auctions on a Sunday or Monday night. I have a bunch of auctions all ready to upload but I haven't yet.
When do you find is the best ending time? I hate that these auctions are just sitting here in limbo when they could be being viewed but I don't want to screw up prime bidding time.

Suggestions? What works best for you all?

momof3littlelilos
06-20-2006, 03:59 PM
I found Sunday night to be a better end night than a Monday.

HLAuburn
06-20-2006, 04:30 PM
My sister sells on eBay for a living, and she swears by closing auctions in the afternoons on weekdays. She claims that eBay is really slow on the weekends, and if you close them around 12-2 EST, you still catch the West coast people, too.

DMRick
06-20-2006, 05:04 PM
It really depends on what you are selling I think. Some of my items that may appeal to a mother with a young child I'll end during the day (because they are exhausted and in bed early LOL). Most items I like to end on a Sunday night.

formernyer
06-20-2006, 06:30 PM
My sister sells on eBay for a living, and she swears by closing auctions in the afternoons on weekdays. She claims that eBay is really slow on the weekends, and if you close them around 12-2 EST, you still catch the West coast people, too.

Your sister would be the very first professional eBayer I've ever heard of with that opinion.

In my experience (and the experience of most other career eBayers that I've spoken to), the best time to end listings is after work hours. I live in CST, so I end my listings between 7pm and 9pm. This time frame catches the east coasters before they go to bed, yet it's late enough that most of the west coasters are home from work. It costs me a LOT more to ship to CA, WA, and OR than most other states, so I'm happy to end the listings when it's a little early for some of them (I prefer east coast/midwest bidders because they are the cheapest to ship to). If I lived on the west coast, I'd probably shift my ending times to make them one hour later.

Most eBayers will give different answers as to which days of the week are best. Here's my personal assessment.

Monday - very good
Tuesday - very good
Wednesday - excellent
Thursday - good
Friday - hit or miss
Saturday - horrible...avoid saturdays unless you're selling a "popular" item (e.g., computers, ipods, etc)
Sunday - very good.

imsayin
06-20-2006, 07:02 PM
Originally Posted by HLAuburn

Your sister would be the very first professional eBayer I've ever heard of with that opinion.

Actually, at Christmas time last year, I was selling "hot" toys and my items ended highest during the day, weekdays. It went against my usual evening ending tradition, but I used it at that time.

HLAuburn
06-20-2006, 09:02 PM
Actually, at Christmas time last year, I was selling "hot" toys and my items ended highest during the day, weekdays. It went against my usual evening ending tradition, but I used it at that time.

::yes::

Maybe it depends on what you're selling, too.