PDA

View Full Version : Know where I can get a deal on one of these 3 Kodak EasyShare Cameras?

smellyann
06-20-2006, 01:05 AM
z650 for less than $300?

Z612 for less than $400?

Z610 for less than $450?

Not interested in eBay. TIA! :goodvibes

aka-mad4themouse
06-20-2006, 05:43 AM
Try BuyDig.com. I purchased my z740 from them last year and they had the best price that I could find on the web. Fast shipping and not too pricey. No tax unless you're in New York.

Kodak EasyShare z650 (http://buydig.com/shop/SearchResults.aspx?kwd=z650) ; $245

Kodak EasyShare z612 (http://buydig.com/shop/SearchResults.aspx?kwd=z612) ; $355

They don't carry the z610 and I couldn't find it on Kodak's website. Does Kodak still manufacture that model?

MyGoofy26
06-20-2006, 09:32 AM
Watch Dell, they regularly have camera sales. . . I just got the Z740 with printer dock for about $220 ($236 after tax and shipping)

If they have a sale, you can buy a coupon on eBay for about $1 that will stack. It's for $35 off $300 (they consider the price BEFORE discount in that $300)

Sammy
06-20-2006, 02:19 PM
MyGoofy26 and aka-mad4themouse:

Can I ask how you like the Z740? I'm looking at that particular camera and I'd appreciate any opinions. :thumbsup2

Thanks!
Sammy

smellyann
06-20-2006, 02:44 PM
Thanks, guys! I knew you would help me here.

samanthacatangel
06-20-2006, 03:36 PM
I saw the Z650 on www.geeks.com for 292.99 right now.

I bought a refurbished Easyshare from them, came with a full warranty, and I love it and never had a problem with it.

Hope that helps, Samantha

MyGoofy26
06-20-2006, 04:39 PM
MyGoofy26 and aka-mad4themouse:

Can I ask how you like the Z740? I'm looking at that particular camera and I'd appreciate any opinions. :thumbsup2

Thanks!
Sammy

I've only had it a week, so hopefully someone with more experience with it can jump in and add to this. So far I absolutely LOVE it. It was an upgrade to my old Easyshare that was pretty high tech 4/5 years ago, but really outdated now.

As soon as I got it out of the box, I started playing. It has 10X optical zoom which is AMAZING. Hard to find a good camera with more than 3X optical without really paying for it. My uncle lives 2 blocks away and I was able to stand on my porch and zoom in all the way to his front door and had a clear shot if someone would have walked out, LOL! I was taking pics in all different modes and they all came out great - I was even getting shots of my cats attacking each other and they weren't blurry. . . very crisp, clear pictures of two furballs. I also tried it in the video mode and it was very clear as well.

Katieplus4
06-20-2006, 05:45 PM
:woohoo: i love my z740, i bought it last year and absolutely love it. Took it to Disneyland last year and my pictures ROCK! I work at a scrapbook store and people always ask what camera i use. I think it is on clearance right now at Target.

A helpful hint- i always use the little running man and it makes the pictures very crisp.

Good Luck!

tinatark
06-20-2006, 11:08 PM
Z650's are everywhere - Staples has them for cheap, and will price match +10% of the difference from any store. They're also offering a free printer - HP8250, and gave me a free SD card, about a week ago.

I had an extended warranty returned camera from there, so had a nice cash card to use.

Wanted the 612, but they don't have it yet, they did have the 650 and the P850 (very similar to the Z ones, with more expanding options).

We ended up with the P850 because it's the only one of the Kodak superzooms with image stabilization. I understand (thanks to a zillion photo message boards) that's one the most important things when looking at those cameras. Oh, and the P850 also uses a LiIon battery - rechargeable - but it also keeps the weight of the camera down - many of the SZ cameras take AA batteries.

A word of caution - if you go checking out camera forums out there Kodak isn't well liked by most of them... I've had a Kodak digi cam since my first one ever, and I love the simplicity - think I'll stick with them!

smellyann
06-20-2006, 11:56 PM
Wow, thanks!