PDA

View Full Version : Rental car advice

4 DZNY NUTZ
06-19-2006, 07:53 PM
We will be back to Disney in February of 2007. We were originally going to drive from New Jersey but decided to fly instead. We will need to rent a minivan because it will be 6 of us. The rental prices I have been checking have been about 500.00 per week even with AAA discount. Anyone have any inside advice or secrets on discounts???? Any help would be greatly appreciated. :sunny:

powellrj
06-20-2006, 06:49 AM
check out the transportation board. It's a great place to find the different codes and who has the best deal going. Mousesavers also has great codes!

cjnix29
06-20-2006, 06:58 AM
Best advice...be patient. Usually you can get the best deals about 30-60 days in advance. Keep trying, and keep trying with the same coupons and codes. They often produce different results. If you find decent deal, book it, and you can always cancel when you find a better deal. Most companies do not require you to put your credit card with the reservation.

rcpulk
06-20-2006, 07:01 AM
Dollar Rental is right at the airport which is nice. On another website, I got a coupon code for a Florida discount and it was MUCH cheaper than anything else I saw. Type in oi1054 for a discount code. Good luck! I actually put it under corporate code and it was less. I am getting a Chrysler Pacifica for 316, which include ALL fees (Florida is ridiculous in this aspect)

4 DZNY NUTZ
06-20-2006, 05:30 PM
Thanks for all the excellent responses. I will try the different codes.

I really appreciate it. Anything to save a buck!!! :thumbsup2

carrie_106
06-20-2006, 05:54 PM
Thanks for the code, I tried it and it took a hundred dollars off my reservation.

MinMouse
06-20-2006, 08:42 PM
If you make a Dollar reservation make sure you sign up for Dollar Express. It is free and you can do it right on their website. There are several "privileges" to being a member but the most important is that you stand in a special line for picking up the car. We picked up a Dollar minivan on Sunday, June 4 around 1:30. There were at least 30 people in the line . . . I went to the express line and was called right to the counter! Boy was my group glad I signed up for Dollar Express! We would have been at least another hour if we had to wait in the other line!