PDA

View Full Version : Leaving next week--where to eat cheap

musicdude
06-19-2006, 07:21 PM
We are leaving for Orlando next week on the 27th for one week. We are doing Universal this time because of budget issues and are looking for some places to have dinner that won't break the bank. Because we got such a great deal on the Universal tickets it is not important for us to stay at the parks all day. I have the movie and ticket deal for us for 2 days, but need something around the Disney area. :confused3

LSchrow
06-20-2006, 07:27 AM
our fav:
golden corral~
they have HUGE b'fast & dinner buffets, & if you grab a discount book (on display near the exit door), coupons too!
:sunny:

ADisneygirl
06-20-2006, 07:39 AM
Definitely try Earl Of Sandwich in DTD. Very delicious sandwiches and cheap! I loved the Caprese. Look at the menu:

http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/menu_eofs.htm

BonnieA
06-20-2006, 09:02 AM
Sweet Tomatoes is not far from Universal and they have a great buffet with salads/soups/breads/pasta and desserts.

Christypl
06-20-2006, 09:05 AM
Another vote for Sweet Tomatoes. It is good fresh food!

momto4obkids
06-20-2006, 11:55 AM
We tried CiCi's Pizza for the first time on our trip a few weeks ago. We really liked it. For three adults and three kids with drinks it was $35.

It is just down from universal on international dr.

iHEARTflorida
06-20-2006, 12:16 PM
Ponderosa!!!!! Sizzler!!!! both cheap buffet meals

IMALOVNDISNEY
06-20-2006, 01:07 PM
Another vote for Sizzlers. Don't order off the menu, stick with the buffet.
What alot of people don't know is Sizzlers will give you discounts on a return trip.
If you bring in a receipt from there that shows you ate there earlier in the day, they will give you 15% off your bill. If you show any previous Sizzlers receipt they will give you 10% off.
We usually eat breakfast here atleast 2-3 times during our trip.

mommy*RN
06-20-2006, 07:05 PM
If you are looking for a good deal ON Disney property, a good buffet choice is the Trails End Restaurant at Fort Wilderness. We ended up there on accident our last trip but it was worth it. One of the "cheaper" buffet options on Disney property and there were a lot of choices. It was a bit putsy to get to (taking a bus from the Fort Wilderness parking lot and traveling all around the campgrounds before getting there)...but for the hassel it was worth it...especially when my dad enjoyed it (and he is a picky eater!).

I also second the DTD Earl if Sandwich...YUM!

Good luck!