PDA

View Full Version : LOOK! - Baggallini Messenger Bag - CHEAP! YAY!

CathrynRose
06-19-2006, 10:39 AM
Lookie what I found:

http://www.rei.com/outlet/product/48073487.htm?vcat=OUTLET_SSHP_LUGGAGE_TRAVEL_SA

and the price?? $19.93 w/ free shipping if you get it sent to an REI store! ANNNND if you use code: GM623 youll get an add'tl 20% off this fabulous Bag!!!! YAY!

The only down-side (if you wanna call it that) they only have Olive Green. Thats cool though - Olive Green is a neutral! :thumbsup2

kmadams
06-19-2006, 11:12 AM
Thanks for the tip! Were did you find this code? I was wondering if it only worked with the bag or could it be used on other REI products?

CathrynRose
06-19-2006, 11:20 AM
Thanks for the tip! Were did you find this code? I was wondering if it only worked with the bag or could it be used on other REI products?

Can be used on any one item - in their outlet - according to the email I get weekly from them. :teeth:

JaneH
06-19-2006, 11:34 AM
Thank you so much! I had been looking at the Urban backpack for my mom, I just ordered her one for her birthday. Where did you find that code?

LK03
06-19-2006, 11:51 AM
Wow that's a neat looking bag and for SO cheap!

flamestarrdust
06-19-2006, 12:01 PM
Thanks so much CathrynRose! I just ordered it for my upcoming 4th of July trip! :thumbsup2

Grumpy's Wife
06-19-2006, 12:14 PM
Thanks for the scoop. :thumbsup2

Mickey & Minnie Mom
06-19-2006, 01:53 PM
Just ordered one for our upcoming trip.

I like my LL Bean bag for the airplane, but wanted a backpack for the parks. I've tried others but think this one will do the trick!

Thanks so much for sharing this good deal.

Chickysmom
06-19-2006, 02:26 PM
Seems as though if you register at their web site, you get an additional off too....

CJRN
06-19-2006, 02:36 PM
Thanks, I just ordered one too!

kj2mom
06-19-2006, 03:03 PM
Thanks soo much. Unfortunately I have already purchased my messenger bag for twice that amount :confused3 but I had been looking for the perfect time to buy the expandable tote for souvenirs. $ 16.73!! :woohoo: Thanks again!

ceecee
06-19-2006, 04:31 PM
I posted that code several days ago. It was in the email they sent me. For those who want the Croc Niles, they are $19.99 there and no additional shipping if you are also getting the bag.

flamestarrdust
06-20-2006, 08:15 AM
I posted that code several days ago. It was in the email they sent me. For those who want the Croc Niles, they are $19.99 there and no additional shipping if you are also getting the bag.

I'm not finding the link for the Crocs. Can you post it, please, or PM me? Thanks.

MyZoeJane
06-20-2006, 08:37 AM
This bargain board SOOOOOo does not "save" me money. :rotfl2:

I have the "regular" Baggallinni, so I ordered the "Baggallinni Urban Backpack", instead. :cool1:

CathrynRose
06-20-2006, 10:09 AM
I'm not finding the link for the Crocs. Can you post it, please, or PM me? Thanks.

Can I reccomend that you try those Niles before you get them?

I bought them at REI - and was so excited to get the fushcia ones. Thing is - that slot right next to where your pinkie toe is is kinda - uncomfy. :guilty: It doesnt irriitate it, or anything, but like your pinky wants to go out it, and you have to kinda hold it in - which defeats the purpose of the super comfy shoes.

I dunno - I wasnt crazy about them. I kept them as bummin' shoes - but wont be brining them to WDW, and wouldnt ever rave about them the way I do Beach & Cayman Crocs. I'm glad I got them for only $20.

flamestarrdust
06-20-2006, 11:28 AM
Can I reccomend that you try those Niles before you get them?

I bought them at REI - and was so excited to get the fushcia ones. Thing is - that slot right next to where your pinkie toe is is kinda - uncomfy. :guilty: It doesnt irriitate it, or anything, but like your pinky wants to go out it, and you have to kinda hold it in - which defeats the purpose of the super comfy shoes.

I dunno - I wasnt crazy about them. I kept them as bummin' shoes - but wont be brining them to WDW, and wouldnt ever rave about them the way I do Beach & Cayman Crocs. I'm glad I got them for only $20.

Thanks for the advice! I have really wide feet so the niles are definitely out for me. I have issues with my toes getting squished as it. Don't need to make it any worse and especially at Disney where my feet will get tired much faster. I think I'm going to pick up a pair of the Beach & Cayman Crocs at the Orlando Airport. They have a Crocs store there just in case no one knew and in case you don't have time to pick them up before you leave. Thanks again CathrynRose! :)

CathrynRose
06-20-2006, 11:37 AM
Thanks for the advice! I have really wide feet so the niles are definitely out for me. I have issues with my toes getting squished as it. Thanks again CathrynRose! :)

Youre welcome...

Good call too- I also have wide feet, which is why my pinkie toe is constantly trying to escape from the side of the Nile. :confused3

Good info on the Orlando Airport Crocs store! :thumbsup2

CJRN
06-20-2006, 02:28 PM
Oh bother! I ordered yesterday the baggalini and today I get an email for 10% off on my next purchase, hmmmmm what shall I buy?

CJRN
06-20-2006, 02:29 PM
Oh bother! I ordered the baggalini yesterday and today I get an email for 10% off on my next purchase, hmmmmm what shall I buy?

ceecee
06-20-2006, 03:46 PM
I love the Niles. I will have 3 pair when my new ones arrive. I have regular width feet and my pinkie toe hits at just the right spot. It's way above where the side slot is.

CathrynRose
06-20-2006, 04:58 PM
I love the Niles. I will have 3 pair when my new ones arrive. I have regular width feet and my pinkie toe hits at just the right spot. It's way above where the side slot is.

My feet must be deformed.... figures. :confused:

3DisneyBuggs
06-23-2006, 08:46 AM
How do you carry this bag? Like a regular handbag, backpack, sling back? I can;t tell fromt he pciture.

flamestarrdust
06-23-2006, 09:07 AM
How do you carry this bag? Like a regular handbag, backpack, sling back? I can;t tell fromt he pciture.

I was wondering that, too. Even though I did order it. I am still curious as to how you carry it. Mine isn't supposed to get here until Tuesday.

ceecee
06-23-2006, 09:20 AM
I got mine and I would think it goes in the back. I put it on in the front and DD started laughing hysterically. I don't think it's large enough for our camcorder though. Once we get everything else in it as well. The Brita bottle is way too big.

flamestarrdust
06-23-2006, 09:44 AM
I got mine and I would think it goes in the back. I put it on in the front and DD started laughing hysterically. I don't think it's large enough for our camcorder though. Once we get everything else in it as well. The Brita bottle is way too big.

How big do you actually think it is? I'm just wondering how much I can fit in it? My friend who is coming with me usually gives me his cell phone and sunglasses to carry on rides along with mine and whatever else I have in my bag plus umbrellas. Last trip, I ended up buying the WDW b/w striped tote (which I love) but I am trying to avoid taking it because it's rather large and this trip will be much hotter than the last one. I feel the bulky bag would make me extra hot.

mcgrawfan
06-23-2006, 10:28 AM
Would these bags be big enough to put 4 diapers and a pack of travel wipes in?
I am not very good at picturing the size from the dimensions.

mommyceratops
06-23-2006, 10:57 AM
Would these bags be big enough to put 4 diapers and a pack of travel wipes in?
I am not very good at picturing the size from the dimensions.

I just got this one in the mail!! I LOVE it. The color is more a brown than an olive greeen by the way.

It would be PERFECT size for 4 diapers, wipes, a few toys, bottle and more!! It is awesome!!!

:cool1: :cool1:

LOVE IT!! Order it!!!!!

mcgrawfan
06-23-2006, 02:27 PM
I just got this one in the mail!! I LOVE it. The color is more a brown than an olive greeen by the way.

It would be PERFECT size for 4 diapers, wipes, a few toys, bottle and more!! It is awesome!!!

:cool1: :cool1:

LOVE IT!! Order it!!!!!

Can anyone else comment on the color? Does it look more brown than olive? How long does this sale go? How is the return policy? I am not familiar with this company. Are they on mypoints or ebates?

ceecee
06-23-2006, 03:20 PM
Rei is a great company. I have ordered from them a lot. If you have a store near by and can pick it up, the shipping is free.
The color is more a dark drab army green, the website photo is accurate. Doesn't look green at all, or brown for that matter. I think the color is a good neutral color for men or women.
The size is 12" high by 9" across and 3" deep with a front pocket as well. Has a back zip slat pocket too. Also a very thin zip pocket in the front strap. Cell phone pocket on one side and water bottle pocket on the other (Brita will not fit). We tried it with our camcorder and it does hold quite a bit more than you would originally think. DH wants to wrap the camcorder so it will be protected as he thinks the bag is too thin. Disposible Rain ponchos and a small digital camera as well as pins, tissue and other small essentials are all packed into ours fine, so it may work.

CathrynRose
06-23-2006, 05:12 PM
And have you guys seen the price for this baby...still????

Product search results for baggallini olive messenger
Baggallini Messenger Sling.Bagg - Crinkle Nylon Dark ... - $35.99 - ebags
Baggallini MES160C Messenger Bagg - Women's - Dark Olive ... - $38.95 - SHOP.COM
Baggallini MES160C Messenger Bagg Accessories - Dark ... - $38.95 - bagsbuy

YAY!!!! Im so happy - I cant wait for my store to finally get it so I can pick it up!! :banana:

traces7
06-23-2006, 10:37 PM
So does this bag go on your back? Then would someone be able to open it from the back without you knowing? I like the way this bag looks and think I would like carrying it, but don't want to risk having something stolen. What do you think?

Chickysmom
06-23-2006, 10:48 PM
Yes the bag is worn on your back. So, as with any other backpack style bag, you would have to keep an eye on who was behind you.

Spanky
06-24-2006, 12:30 AM
I have this bag and I often turn it around and have the pouch in the front. You can do that if you are concerned about your stuff. Also there is a pocket on the backside of the pouch [against your back]- put your money and tickets there - I doubt anyone could get to that pocket without you knowing it. I also like it in the front as it is easier to reach the water bottle.

flamestarrdust
06-27-2006, 11:39 AM
I just got mine! I love it! It's so perfect and has tons of pockets! :cool1: :cool1:

carolsherman
06-27-2006, 05:17 PM
The code GM623 has expired

jenr812
06-27-2006, 05:30 PM
The code GM623 has expired
Crap! I just read this whole thread and was considering ordering it :guilty: Anyone have a new code?

eliza61
06-27-2006, 05:37 PM
Crap! I just read this whole thread and was considering ordering it :guilty: Anyone have a new code?

I have a 10% coupon code but it's not valid on the rei-outlet stuff. Code is NESCQ2

masterslacker
06-27-2006, 05:57 PM
I'm picking mine up tomorrow at a local REI store and figured if I didn't like it I'd just not take it home. So it's definitely win-win IMHO. It sounds like it's a decent size and is gonna be comfy based on the basic Baggalini reviews on this board so I'm stoked at such a great price...and the dark drab green works for me being a male where as if it was pink I'd probably pass. :D

msdznyduck
06-27-2006, 07:52 PM
I got one of these from shoebuy a few weeks ago, and love it. If you are concerned about the bag being on your back and someone helping themselves, the zippers (to the large pocket and the one that looks like an organizer) have 2 that kinda fit together with a loop that you can put something through it. I have a dangly charm thing that I put through both loops if I feel as though I need it. It might not stop someone from trying to get in there, but it may take them an extra few seconds to get in.

CJRN
06-28-2006, 01:45 PM
Ok gang, just got mine in (olive green rei outlet)........

so what do YOU put in each of the compartments? Thanks! :surfweb:

carolsherman
06-28-2006, 06:08 PM
Its no longer available