PDA

View Full Version : Chaco Sandals

hollieplus2
06-18-2006, 04:46 PM
I am trying to find a good pair of comfortable sandals to wear for out trip next month. I own a couple pair of Crocs but after awhile they make my feet hurt. :sad2: Has anyone ever tried the Chaco sandals? I was looking at the new Z/2 unaweep ones but I wanted to check here first since they are a bit expensive. :wave2:

frannn
06-18-2006, 04:57 PM
All good. I like Merrell the best for sandals, Nike Air or New Balance for sneakers. I have recently gotten great deals online at Finishline, Peltz, and Sierra Trading Post sales. I bought too many pairs, though, so I won't need sandals or sneakers in a long while.

osukristin227
06-18-2006, 05:03 PM
I've had the same Chaco sandals (they're z/2) for about four years and I love them. I think the best part is the adjustable strap for when my feet swell. You may also want to check out Teva, they are a bit cheaper. I wore my Teva flip flops to WDW last year! Also, if you're interested in shoe inserts, I found wonderful inserts called Pro Foot Care 2oz. Miracle inserts at Target.

Chaco's are worth the price in my opionion!

Have a good trip and take an extra pair of shoes even if you do get the Chacos! :goodvibes

RangerPooh
06-18-2006, 05:42 PM
I recenlty bought DH a pair of Chacos and he absolutely LOVES them. It does take a bit of time getting use to adjusting the straps but as the previous poster said they adjust to your feet. DH tried my Tevas and didn't care for them (or the velcro strap), yet I prefer them for kayaking and such. I have taken my Teva flipflops to WDW and DL and LOVE them.

The nice thing about chacos is that they have a lifetime warrently. If the sole wears or a strap breaks you just return them to the company and they'll either replace the part or sandle for free. A friend of ours has had hers for years and after wearing them down she just had them resoled (I believe), so they're like new. You can find them at REI, check for sales/clearance as the discount is pretty good. DH recently got his on clearance for $70.

Lives4Disney
06-18-2006, 10:18 PM
I love my Chacos. I own the Terreno Z/1s and Terreno Z/2s. I bought them online at Zappos w/free shipping and free return shipping.

I own about 10 pairs of various Keens (Newport H2Os were my main WDW shoes until I tried Chacos) Chacos have much better arch support than any other shoe I have tried - and that includes many pairs of Birkenstocks, Keens, Born, Clark, New Balance, & many expensive other walking shoes. I am a shoe nut. ;) I just ordered the new Mions that another Diser posted about. I do not care for the look or feel of them, though. They are ugly and no support for me.

Give them a try - they are definitely worth it. I don't experience the achy calves, feet, hips etc that I get with other shoes.

Lives4Disney :sunny:

hollieplus2
06-18-2006, 10:26 PM
Thanks for all the info. :thumbsup2 I hate buying shoes. I can never find any that fit well. I have really wide feet and hate flip flops. They make my feet hurt and I can't keep them on. :confused3 I love my crocs but after awhile they do hurt. I may just go for it and buy the new Z/2 Unaweep Chaco's. I really like them and they come in wide.