PDA

View Full Version : I just can't decide, big lots or small on EBAY for clothes?

Microcell
06-18-2006, 02:23 PM
I usually lump all of my kids stuff that they have outgrown into size categories, and sell lots of 16-20 at a time. I see people getting decent bids on single outfit lots. If you sell clothes, which way do you prefer?

juligrl
06-18-2006, 03:13 PM
I prefer single outfits. I know, even if I can get a great price on LOTS of clothes, half of those clothes I may not even want or need, which is why I'd rather shop for single outfits. JMO

Microcell
06-18-2006, 04:30 PM
Good point.

upon-a-star
06-18-2006, 04:37 PM
I always look for lots, because it seems to save me on shipping. I hate to pay more in shipping than I did for the clothing.

Mary :cheer2:

Microcell
06-18-2006, 04:45 PM
Good point!

What to do. Can we get a tie breaker here?

ClarabelleCowFan
06-18-2006, 05:02 PM
Well it depends on the brands to me. If it is a Gymboree complete outfit then I say by outfits but if it is a lot of same size clothes that aren't a namebrand then do them by lots.

Not really a tiebreaker but my opinion! :rotfl:

dizneegirls
06-18-2006, 05:16 PM
I HAVE SOLD A FEW CLOTHING LOTS ON EBAY IN THE PAST AND ME PERSONALLY, I'D RATHER SELL THEM IN LOTS OF AT LEAST A FEW OUTFITS. THEY CHARGE YOU FOR EACH LISTING SO THAT'S WHY I DO IT THAT WAY-NOT SURE IF I COME OUT ANY BETTER OR NOT :wave:

Littlemotherhaywood
06-18-2006, 05:44 PM
I HAVE SOLD A FEW CLOTHING LOTS ON EBAY IN THE PAST AND ME PERSONALLY, I'D RATHER SELL THEM IN LOTS OF AT LEAST A FEW OUTFITS. THEY CHARGE YOU FOR EACH LISTING SO THAT'S WHY I DO IT THAT WAY-NOT SURE IF I COME OUT ANY BETTER OR NOT :wave:

Ditto. I do just about everything in lots to save right there, but I can understand not wanting to buy clothing you don't want so you can have the clothing you do want. I recently sold a bunch of lots, but I did put out a few outfits in their own auction because they were nicer, practically new (worn once or twice) and I thought I could get more for them. Boy was I bummed. I got like $3 for the two outfits that I paid about $60 for brand new. Oh well. You win some, you lose some I suppose.

cats mom
06-18-2006, 07:31 PM
I tend to go with single items if it is a name brand that folks might search for ie: Abercrombie kids, Biscotti, Zoodles (though not sure how these will do now that they've gone out of business)

otherwise I'll go with lots. I even do gymboree in lots - but group items within size and line.

But as someone else mentioned, you just never know what will happen.
I've had things I thought I'd be lucky to get a couple of bucks for go higher than I ever imagined and then something I thought I'd do well with will go for the minimum bid.
:confused3

Good Luck with your auctions!

linda_loo
06-18-2006, 07:53 PM
If it's Gymbo or Hanna, I definitely sell it individually. Sometimes, I do Gap individually as well.

Most often, I group 7-10 outfits in a lot and have done well with this.

I always look for lots, because it seems to save me on shipping. I hate to pay more in shipping than I did for the clothing.

I always offer combined shipping, and I prefer to shop with sellers that offer combined.

Vickie46
06-18-2006, 08:45 PM
I have bought several gymboree items over the summer.. and I have bought by the piece or 2 piece outfit.. only 1 time was it sold as lot.. and it was only maybe 4 or 5 items. good luck!!