PDA

View Full Version : Chase Cash Rewards Card - How Long Does the Promotional APR for Purchases...

BethR
06-17-2006, 08:37 PM
...last? (This is the Chase Cash Rewards card that many of us signed up for to get the $100 with the first purchase.)

I just checked my statement and I see that I currently have a 0% APR for purchases. Does anyone know how long the 0% lasts?

I could call the Chase service center, but it's late, I'm tired, and I don't feeling like talking to anyone. (Except you guys of course! :teeth: )

SplshMtn99
06-17-2006, 08:45 PM
I still have the ad. It says: "Enjoy a 0% introductory APR for UP TO 12 mths. The time period for the introductory APR and the balances to which it will apply is based upon our review of your applications and credit history."

Don't ya love fague answers. But when I called to activate my card, they went over everything again with me, & told me I had 12 mths.

Heck, I'm still waiting for them to cut my first statement. They keep changing the closing date on me on their website. They must know I want my $100. Meantime, my balance just keeps growing because I'm using card for everything. Being extra good to make sure I have $ to pay it in full like always....but their messing with my budget by not sending me a bill. LOL

And while we are on the subject of this card, I never received anything saying the 5% back on gas/groceries/drug would end in August. I believe that info was sent to people holding a differenct card or Visa. I have the Mastercard.

BethR
06-17-2006, 09:01 PM
Thanks for the info! :) That 0% for 12 months (and I WILL call and confirm eventually :) ) will really come in handy for Christmas. ::yes::

I too have never gotten anything about them discontinuing the 5% for gas stations, groceries, and pharmacies. But I have been using the card as much as I can so that IF they DO change the program, I can get whatever I can from Chase, and then go back to using my Citibank Cash Back card. :)

georgina
06-17-2006, 09:19 PM
Mine was 15 months when I got it last September. I think the offers varied, so I wouldn't expect that you have the same as anyone else. I only got $50 to sign up back then.

I have the Visa and at the bottom of the May statement it still says earn 5% cash back on gas, grocery and drug stores. I don't remember getting a letter stating otherwise.