PDA

View Full Version : Pricing baby stuff for garage sale??

smellyann
06-17-2006, 09:02 PM
Is there a site somewhere that can help me do this? I don't want to be way off base and get no bites! TIA

jeankeri
06-17-2006, 10:08 PM
I don't know of a site, but what I have learned from this board (and used for my own pricing) is to price items 20-30% of the items original price. If you have time you may want to spend a weekend scouring your local yard sales and see what your neighbors are charging (and receiving) for their items.

smellyann
06-17-2006, 10:17 PM
Okay, good to know. Thanks!

jessica52877
06-17-2006, 10:21 PM
I agree, if you have time check out some other sales. I had a garage sale with my aunt one time and was clueless on how to price things. People would offer us such low amounts (which were probably normal) but I would say no. I also didn't care if it sold or not, it was only a little of my stuff. But now after going I see why not a whole lot sold!

Today I saw videos, $5 for disney, $4 for thomas and $3 for others, $1 is alot for a video anymore. Several houses in the same neighborhood had them for $.25 each, sure they didn't sell many of them.

MyZoeJane
06-17-2006, 11:42 PM
I think it depends on where you live. Where I live, in the Chicago suburbs, things that are priced at .50 to $1 each for separates (low end tops and bottoms) and $2 for sets is the norm, I think.

I have a lot of designer baby clothes and I sold them for $2 a set at my friend's garage sale earlier this month. (Le Top, Gymboree, Baby Lulu type stuff) I sold about 1/4 of them. I was not willing to go lower knowing full well that if I listed them in a lot on Ebay I could get a heck of a lot more. I am just too lazy to list anymore... :crazy:

If you have nice stuff it might be worth lotting it together and selling it on Ebay, as most people are not willing to pay more than a dollar for an item at a grage sale. In fact, MANY people go to garage sales knowing what designer clothing can go for on Ebay and they buy it there and then turn a profit!