PDA

View Full Version : Concierge at GC

GailT
06-17-2006, 12:51 PM
OK, I gave in and booked concierge for my 4 nights, the difference in a standard room overlooking the theme park and concierge is $741.60. Allthough I am all excited :happytv: I am thinking is it worth that kind of money for just two of us. I know the rooms ar e the same size, so my question is for people who have done concierge did you find it worth it? :dance3:

slp87
06-17-2006, 04:37 PM
We stayed at the GC concierge in November and we definitely felt it was worth it. We like to eat a quick breakfast and it saved us from having to bring something from home. We were very satisfied with the food selections. For breakfast they had cereal, pastries, muffins, fresh fruit, croissants, bagels, and juice. We also asked for yogurt and got some of that as well. We would typically each grab a soft drink/water on our way out. They also had coffee, tea, & hot chocolate. If you want a soft drink to have later be sure to bring something to transfer it into as they are glass bottles and aren't allowed in the parks. During the lunch/tea hours there were turkey, salmon & vegetable finger sandwiches, fresh fruit, chocolate covered strawberries, scones & cookies. We only made it for the wine & cheese hour twice, but there were various cheeses, pb&j uncrustables, and a hot appetizer. One night was a tamale type muffin, and the other was black bean empanandas. Both were very good. We were always grabbing drinks whether coming or going and that right there probably saved us lots of $$ considering how much they cost in the parks. We stayed 4 nights as well and only ate lunch in the parks and our snacking was very minimal. I can't remember the exact total of what we spent on food, but it was not much at all.

GailT
06-18-2006, 11:49 AM
OK, I gave in and booked concierge for my 4 nights, the difference in a standard room overlooking the theme park and concierge is $741.60. Allthough I am all excited :happytv: I am thinking is it worth that kind of money for just two of us. I know the rooms ar e the same size, so my question is for people who have done concierge did you find it worth it? :dance3:

OK, from a fickle DL female :crazy: :confused3 . I cancelled the concierge after my son said to me when he found out that $741.00 for 4 days is alot of continetal breakfast and water water water. When I thought about it he was right, I changed back to theme park view view.......I am excited about going at Christmas I just wished the rooms wern't so high in price.

Califgirl
06-18-2006, 01:57 PM
I've also used the concierge at GCH and loved the food offerings. It is way more than a 'continental' breakfast and water! lol There are lots of opportunities to enjoy some tasty snacks. There is breakfast, tea, wine and cheese (of course there are vegetables and finger sandwhiches etc. - not just wine and cheese) and then night caps with delicous large cookies (during and after 'concierge only' story time) and a variety of liquors, coffee and tea and hot cocoa.

I book concierge every chance I get (unfortuantely not every trip) I have never used the other concierge services, but the food alone saves us lots of $$ and is very convenient and tasty.

Oh, I just saw that you cancelled the concierge - maybe you could try it during a shorter stay and see if you enjoy it as much as I do. :) Only you can decide if it is worth the money to you.

mmmears
06-18-2006, 05:43 PM
We've stayed at the GC Concierge twice and twice in regular rooms. IMO concierge is NOT worth $700 for 4 nights! When it is reasonably priced, we stay there, since the breakfast, extra attention, and snacks are a great add-on to our vacation. But really, for $700, you can eat anywhere you want. There is also a concierge desk down in the lobby if you need any help. I think that as more and more people have found out about concierge, the up-charge for it has grown way out of proportion to its value. Only you can decide how much it is worth to you, though. For me, the magic number hovers around $50 per day, and even that doesn't always seem worth it.

krismom
06-19-2006, 08:49 AM
We are sonsidering this for Oct. also....but mainly because it's the only room left still available. One quick question...how do you access the lounge? is it with your room card? are the concierge rooms in the same area as the lounge?
thanks!

hlbtimes2
06-19-2006, 10:40 AM
I think canceling it was probably a wise move. I dont think $700 for two people is worth it. One problem with conc. is that is charged per room, not per person. So, with 2 people you are paying a lot for a few perks. If you have 4-5 people in the room it would be a more logical expense. For two of you its almost $90 per person, per day. If you were a family of 4, it would be $43 per person per day. $43 for drinks, snacks, breakfast, and some extra attn isnt so bad, $90 is way too much!

We did conc. in Oct at PP. It was what they had available. We could have had a regular room, but not with the 4th night free so it would have been the exact same price. Anyway, we used the drinks and breakfast. We didnt spend enough time at the hotel to take advantage of the other things.

krismom
06-19-2006, 10:53 AM
oops- sorry to hijack... but does anyone know if the 4th night free thing is available with concierge?

hlbtimes2
06-19-2006, 12:26 PM
oops- sorry to hijack... but does anyone know if the 4th night free thing is available with concierge?

They did offer it on during the same special last year. As for access- I know at PP you use your room key. Not sure if it is the same GC or not.

kc10family
06-19-2006, 07:15 PM
I think it is just a thing you will need to try and find out if it is worth it to you. We did it last year (Sep) and split it between another couple who did not have kids and share a room with us.

I think in some ways it was very worth it to be able to take 2 drinks per person out of the room with us. The snacks were ok; we went back for lunch snacks because my girls needed naps. The breakfast was fine, nothing great, but good. NOW let me tell you about the nighttime drinks they served….. WOW! It was great to have “drinks” and watch the fireworks (you can’t see everything, but enough) while they pipe the music into the room. They have nighttime snacks also.

Did we eat or drink 700.00 in food and drinks? It depends on if you count the alcoholic drinks we had.

The staff was fabulous and I loved the treatment we got. In fact we stopped in to say hi the last time we went (we stayed off site), they remembered us and gave my girls a little kids bag of stuff for stopping in.

I enjoyed it a lot and the next round we stay at the Grand we will be using it.

Best of luck with what ever you decide. And have a fabulous trip!!!

Harmony
06-19-2006, 10:02 PM
Stayed conc. at the GC a couple of weeks ago. It was nice but, honestly, I'd recommend saving the money and doing some really nice and expensive restaurants instead. Or use the money on souvenirs. :) Our view was AWESOME though! But again, for that kind of money...it wasn't anything out of the ordinary.

Dis Ohana
06-28-2006, 04:53 PM
Does anyone know what the hours are for the consierge service? We arrive late on our first night. We're also trying to weigh the $700+ difference, would be easier to justify if a snack would be available the night we arrive!

krismom
06-28-2006, 05:04 PM
I'm curious as well- I can't find that info anywhere!

JenDisneylandlver
06-28-2006, 05:24 PM
Yeah that's a lot of money more for a vacation. I was just figuring it out, there is only 3 of us. For a 4 days trip, that's something like $233 per person, per day. Or $78 per meal, per person. Even eating at expensive places we'd never spend that! And because of health conditions I can't drink, so really it wouldn't make sense for us to do it. Even if I did I doubt it would still add up to $700 between the drinks and snacks!

I think it's great if you can afford the view rooms at GCH. They are very nice, and I would splurge on that if staying there. But honestly with $700 I'd rather spend it eating at nice places, Character meals, and souvenirs! To each their own though, it's something each family has to decide if it's worth the money or not.