PDA

View Full Version : Gatorland info

Meriweather
06-17-2006, 12:48 PM
DH really wants to go :rolleyes:

Any reviews??
Is it worth the time and energy to go for 1/2 day.
And is there an easy way to get there??
Thanks for any info.

tednvon
06-17-2006, 07:23 PM
Hi..our grandkids really loved this place...It is up close and personal with hundreds of alligators...we bought a few bags of hot dogs to feed them and made sure to catch the shows...I would vote yes if you want to really see some huge gators up close and some fun shows..

Easy to get to...check directions but I think you just hop on Osceola Parkway or Tollroad 417 to John Young Parkway and go north a couple of miles...

All the best...Ted

scarboroughmom
06-17-2006, 09:42 PM
It's fun. My husband and three sons all enjoyed it. It is quieter than WDW. That is kind of nice break after the big theme parks. It is kind of like visiting Florida back in the 1960's.

Meriweather
06-17-2006, 10:44 PM
Sounds like fun.
Our problem is transportation.
We won't have a car.
Does anyone know if the bus is easy to use or close to WDW?
I would assume a taxi is too pricey for this park?
How about Mears or such, do they run there?

magicmouse2
06-18-2006, 01:58 AM
If you like reptiles you wil probably like it. I wasnt impressed at the fact that they sell gatore leather items and gator nuggets. I thought they loved their gators :confused3

tednvon
06-18-2006, 10:49 AM
Sorry, no clue on transportation...You might call them directly and see if they are on any of the routes for trans....maybe they have a Gatormobile or something!!!

I agree that trans would be really expensive...

Ya know, if you post the date you want to go or the dates you could go on this board or even in your hotel lobby maybe you could go with another family...just a thought...

Good Luck,
Ted

Meriweather
06-18-2006, 10:50 AM
Ewwww.....

I'm not too keen on going, it is something DH wants to do, but if it takes a long taxi drive, I guess we will pass.

ducklite
06-18-2006, 11:06 AM
It would be a $30 cab ride each way, if not more. Taking the bus would involve at least one transfer each way.

Someone had asked about this maybe six months ago, and those were the basic results of the thread.

Anne

Meriweather
06-18-2006, 12:31 PM
Thank you for the info.
I'm not thinking it is going to be worth the $$ for the taxi or the time to figure the buses out.
Maybe sometime when we have a car.

weezy26nm
06-18-2006, 02:16 PM
I know they sell alligator heads for souviners, but I was wondering if you bought one if you would be able to bring it through customs into Canada?