PDA

View Full Version : Checking Interest--Disney Themed Holiday Swap? Due around October?

StitchIsOurHero
06-16-2006, 09:25 PM
Hi everyone! I just had this thought--I know we had talked about it on a different thread. I happened to think of this again when I realized how FAR, FAR, FAR behind I was on our family pictures! ;) (Yes, I know. More scrapping, less swapping would start to fix that, but I like swapping! :lmao: )

Here is my question: would any of you be interested in a DISNEY HOLIDAY-THEMED swap? This would be any holiday--Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's, Halloween, etc., etc. Not necessariily specifically for MVMCP, MNSSHP, or anything like that--just a holiday theme, using the Disney characters. That way, we could use it for a seasonal trip to WDW, for a specific "party", OR for the family album.

I thought, if anyone was interested, we could do it in sort of a "page kit" style (totally ripping off PrincessNancy96's rare character swap idea--I can't help it, she inspires me! :thumbsup2 ). We'd keep the groups small, and you would just make 6 sets of your elements.

Due to me getting back to the school year, we'd probably make this due around the 2nd week in October.

Anyone interested? Just wondering! :cool1:

KatDisney
06-16-2006, 09:45 PM
I would love to join this swap! Especially now that I live closer and will hoefully be able to get to Disneyland more for the holidays

StitchIsOurHero
06-16-2006, 09:47 PM
Cool! :cheer2: :banana: I'm excited about this one! I hope others are interested, too!

PixieDust32
06-16-2006, 10:59 PM
You know my answer! YES YES YES!!

mickeyfan2
06-17-2006, 05:51 AM
I would be.

rlovew
06-17-2006, 05:58 AM
I would be interested.

ddavis860
06-17-2006, 06:28 AM
:yay: :yay:

Me too!!! I'm leaving on vacation today, so I hope sign ups are later in the week :teeth:

hiclarke
06-17-2006, 06:54 AM
We are moving into a corporate apartment at the end of the month and I am hoping we can find a house soon. Unfortunately, all my scrapbook stuff will be in storage until we can find a house! But I would probably be able to do this if it were due in October. The good news, less than 3 hours from WDW!

StitchIsOurHero
06-17-2006, 08:10 AM
Hi everyone!

I'm so excited that people are interested! I know KAMommy is interested in this one, too, so that will give us a few people, and maybe other people will be interested as well!

I am finishing up summer school this week, so I probably wouldn't do sign-ups until next weekend. It's easier for me to do sign-ups on the weekend because I cannot access a computer during the week day to monitor the sign-ups. :thumbsup2

ddavis860--have a terrific and safe vacation!

hiclarke--I am jealous! Less than 3 hours to WDW! That's so cool!

Thanks for being interested! This one will be cool! :teeth:

PrincessNancy96
06-17-2006, 09:10 AM
Well, you know I'm in.. just because... but since we have so many kids in school athletics we only get down that way during the summer... but maybe some day... since I have these materials.. we'd HAVE to go during school... :confused3

Have a great day!!!!!!

cannp123165
06-17-2006, 10:44 AM
I am interested :)

Mickster
06-17-2006, 11:52 AM
I think I'd be interested too. Thanks for such a great idea! :thumbsup2

potterphreak
06-17-2006, 01:54 PM
I'd be interested as well. Please to explain the whole "kit" thing tho. I make 6 of what??? LOL

Thanks!

Ohana 4
06-17-2006, 03:29 PM
Count me in too. I am getting quite the collection of swap items on my scrap room carpet! :rotfl:

jennyL
06-17-2006, 04:05 PM
I'd be in!! What can I say I'm addicted to swaps.

AlexWyattMommy
06-17-2006, 04:22 PM
Please, I'd like to try my hand at this one too. I love holidays and a Disney themed holiday sounds like fun.

BernardandMissBianca
06-17-2006, 04:30 PM
I'm in!!! We were there for Halloween and Christmas last year.

Potterphreak,

The page kit that Nancy is doing is one 4x6 photo mat, one 4x6 frame and 2 elements. You would make 6 of each of these.

StitchIsOurHero
06-17-2006, 05:42 PM
Buffy--thanks for clarifying that! :teeth: We have been gone all day, and I hadn't had time to check in on the thread since then! You are awesome!

I am so excited that all of you are interested! Would next Saturday (June 24) be an ok day for sign-ups? I'll post it early in the morning for you early risers!

We'll probably have 5 or 6 groups of 6 swappers per group. Does that sound ok? And just not duplicate a holiday within a group? Let me know what you all think! :banana:

BernardandMissBianca
06-17-2006, 06:38 PM
Buffy--thanks for clarifying that! :teeth: We have been gone all day, and I hadn't had time to check in on the thread since then! You are awesome!

I am so excited that all of you are interested! Would next Saturday (June 24) be an ok day for sign-ups? I'll post it early in the morning for you early risers!

We'll probably have 5 or 6 groups of 6 swappers per group. Does that sound ok? And just not duplicate a holiday within a group? Let me know what you all think! :banana:

No problem, of course after I wrote it I was hoping you were doing 1 mat and 1 frame, not 2 mats. ;) Nancy and I talked about that last week and I think that's what we decided for the Rare Character Swap?!

List of potential holidays???
New Years
Valentines
St Patricks Day
Easter
Cinco de Mayo
Mother's Day
Memorial Day
Father's Day
4th of July
Labor Day
Halloween
Thanksgiving
Christmas
Hanukkah
Kwanzaa

Any others? Our UK and Canadian Swappers?!

PrincessNancy96
06-17-2006, 06:38 PM

Works for me!!! I'm sure the kids will have us up by 7:30am.. Can they not get use to the fact it's NOT school time any more!! Sleep in!!!

PrincessNancy96
06-17-2006, 06:39 PM
No problem, of course after I wrote it I was hoping you were doing 1 mat and 1 frame, not 2 mats. ;) Nancy and I talked about that last week and I think that's what we decided for the Rare Character Swap?!

Yes, that is what we decided!!!! :thumbsup2

YodasMom
06-17-2006, 08:54 PM
I would love to do this swap, too. Later in the Fall is better for me, but since the groups will be small, I think it might work for me as long as I can get them done way ahead.

I have so many holiday photos! :)

StitchIsOurHero
06-17-2006, 10:31 PM
Thanks for the holiday list! Those look great! :thumbsup2

Does next weekend (the 24th) work for everyone for sign-ups?

BernardandMissBianca
06-17-2006, 11:49 PM
Thanks for the holiday list! Those look great! :thumbsup2

Does next weekend (the 24th) work for everyone for sign-ups?

Would you mind putting me down now for Valentines and Thanksgiving in 2 different groups? I'm going out of town from the 6/24-7/3.

Thanks!!!!!! :teeth:

StitchIsOurHero
06-18-2006, 10:33 AM
I'll be happy to do that! Have a terrific time and a safe trip! :thumbsup2

AlexWyattMommy
06-18-2006, 11:12 AM
I'm sure a Saturday sign up is the best for most people who, unlike me, don't spend every waking moment checking the Dis. I'm partial to Halloween and Valentine's Day myself.

StitchIsOurHero
06-18-2006, 12:02 PM
I'm sure a Saturday sign up is the best for most people who, unlike me, don't spend every waking moment checking the Dis. I'm partial to Halloween and Valentine's Day myself.

:lmao: That is so me! I must check it 30 times a day! I'll post the list next Saturday morning, but I'm going to try to do 6 groups (if enough people are interested), so you shouldn't have any problem getting those! :thumbsup2

I'm so glad you want to participate! I am loving the idea of a holiday swap! Have a great day! :banana:

Caitsmama
06-18-2006, 05:22 PM
I'd be in for a Christmas & Thanksgiving swap!!

potterphreak
06-18-2006, 10:47 PM
I leave Saturday morning on a mini trip with the fam; would it be possible to sign up now as well? I would hate to miss this!!!
Please put me down for Christmas and Valentine's Day. If any groups are short Christmas stuff, I am more than interested (LOL!) in being in more than 1 group as I have an absolute TON of Disneyland at Christmas stuff.

Thanks in advance!

FireWife
06-19-2006, 07:18 AM
I've never swapped on this board but I would love to participate in this one! Our next trip is in December so it would be perfect!

Mickeyteacher
06-19-2006, 07:20 AM
I'd like to join also... Our next trip is for Christmas this year!

Thanks for hosting,
Shawna

havencruiser
06-20-2006, 06:56 AM
I would LOVE to join this swap! I still need to scrap last Christmas' Disney cruise and park trip and we are going again this Xmas. This would certainly help!!! :Pinkbounc

MyLittlePiglet
06-20-2006, 11:39 AM
We were is WDW for New Years. So there for New Year's and we can fudge cause all the x-mas stuff was still out.

May I suggest that although not a "holiday" everyone has a b-day or someone in their fam who wants Disney b-day scrapbook stuff.... you get the idea.

StitchIsOurHero
06-20-2006, 06:14 PM
Hi everyone! Thanks again for being so interested! I will post sign-ups on Saturday morning. I think we will work it like this:

There will be groups of 6 and you will just pick a holiday for your group when you sign up (ex.: I might do Halloween in group A, and then someone else would do Thanksgiving in group A, etc.). You can pick whatever holiday you want (or a birthday--good idea, MyLittlePiglet!). These don't need to be specific park-themed, just Disney-themed for that holiday. That way, we could use them for regular "family" pics of that event--not just WDW, DCL, or DL pics.

YodasMom had a great idea--I will have one group (or maybe 2 if there is more interest) where all 6 people (if there are that many interested) will do Christmas. . .for those people like me who are years and years of Christmases behind in scrapping!

Ok, I'm off to work on swap items! Everyone have a great evening! :wave:

havencruiser
06-21-2006, 06:31 AM
I won't be able to long-on on Saturday as I will be headed to WDW. I would love to be in the Christmas group. We don't go there for any other holidays but always manage to get there around Christmas.
Thanks,
Sharon :santa:

Ohana 4
06-21-2006, 07:58 AM
I'd love to be in the Christmas group as well. I'm almost as big a fan of Christmas as I am of Disney....Imagine putting them both together!!!

StitchIsOurHero
06-22-2006, 07:39 PM
I think several people are interested in Christmas! I know what you mean, Ohana4, Christmas is my FAVORITE! When you put it with Disney, it's just that much more terrific!

We may have to have 2 ALL CHRISTMAS groups! :cool1:

hopemax
06-22-2006, 07:44 PM
I would like to do Christmas too. We were there last year. And now that my parents live there, we will be there every other year from now on. :)

YodasMom
06-22-2006, 09:20 PM
Well, you know I'm already up for the Christmas theme!

havencruiser
06-23-2006, 12:42 PM
I will be at WDW beginning tomorrow morning. Please save me a slot in the Christmas group. I'm not sure how much internet access I will have while there.
Thanks,
Sharon

Caitsmama
06-23-2006, 12:54 PM
I will be at WDW beginning tomorrow morning. Please save me a slot in the Christmas group. I'm not sure how much internet access I will have while there.
Thanks,
Sharon

Oh, i feel REAL bad for ya!!!!! LMAO Seriously though, have fun!!! Say hi to Mickey! :goodvibes

potterphreak
06-23-2006, 01:16 PM
I need to drop out of this swap. I know signups aren't until Saturday, but I leave sometime today (supposedly!). Thanks!! I think I am waaaaay overextended on swaps right now <sigh>

StitchIsOurHero
06-23-2006, 04:45 PM
potterphreak--I hate that you can't be in this swap! I hope everything is ok! :teeth:

I'll post sign-ups in the morning, everyone! Have a great evening! :thumbsup2

BernardandMissBianca
06-23-2006, 09:48 PM
Brooke,
It looks like we'll be around in the morning due to the rain so I will sign in if you don't get mine down.
I think I might do christmas too.

cocacolamom
06-23-2006, 10:48 PM
This swap sounds great. I have pictures to scrap from when we were there during Christmas time and we'll be there this Halloween, also! Put me down for a "yes".

Quinn222
06-24-2006, 10:52 AM
I've been trying to avoid this one but I love holidays. I think I'll sign up too.