PDA

View Full Version : Help - bought defective shirt at Downtown Disney!

polkadotladybug
06-16-2006, 10:03 PM
We just got back last week - had a great time! We visited DTD one morning - and my younger daughter found a cute Tinkerbell shirt - it had a iron-on decal - well the first time I washed it - the decal started peeling off! Help! What should I do? Obviously this is a problem with the decals - we've had similar experiences with the same type of shirts from Old Navy.

I'd like to return it - is this going to be a hassle? (being that I'm two states away and I'm not sure I even have the receipt anymore??) UGH!

tmt martins
06-16-2006, 10:25 PM
If you have any reciept from the store at WDW call the number on them and tell them about it .They will ship you a new one most likely with a return label.On some times they just tell you to keep the damaged one.

If you can't find a number post and I can look it up for you later tonight.

polkadotladybug
06-16-2006, 10:39 PM
What if I can't find the receipt? I know I charged it on our room key...I'm sure I have the receipt SOMEWHERE - I spent over 100 - so I know I wouldn't have tossed it this quickly...

tmt martins
06-16-2006, 10:59 PM
You don't need that reciept just one to get the phone number from they will ask where you bought it and to describe it .They will take it from there.

Disney has one of the best Customers service in merc. that I've ever seen they will make it right on almost all occasions.I've even taken something back from a previous trip and had it replaced.

Cheshire Figment
06-17-2006, 08:56 AM
Call WDW Mail Order at 407-363-6200. Explain the problem to them. If you have the SKU that would help, otherwise be ready to tell them where it was purchased, what size, and describe it as well as possible. Offer to send it back.

They will more than likely send you a brand new shirt at no charge and tell you to throw the other one out, as they would normally also send a return postage sticker which will cost more money.

HappyDznyCamper
06-17-2006, 09:14 AM
When you get your new shirt, turn it inside out to wash in cold and the gentle cycle tumble dry on low for a few min. then hang to finish drying.
The decals can be very heat sensitive so that may be why the are pealing of.

maggiew
06-17-2006, 11:16 AM
We bought a Old Country Roses teacup for my mom from the store in the UK in EPCOT. I picked one out that was on the shelf and went to purchase it. I was having it shipped home so I wouldn't have to worry about breaking it on the trip home. Well, the CM said, "Let me see if I can go in the back and find one in a box." I said, OK. He came back a few minutes later with a cup in a box. I looked at it and said, "OK. That is the same kind." He proceeds to wrap it up and it gets shipped home. Fast forward a week and when I get home, the package is there. We take it out of the shipping box and then out of the package box and notice there is a chip in the rim. You couldn't see it when it was in the box the way it was packaged. I felt really bad that I hadn't made him take it out and inspect it first. You know how it is at the register when there is a line behind you. Anyway, I called WDW and told them about it. They sent me a new one free and told me to keep the other one!! I was very happy with the service.

Maggie

polkadotladybug
06-17-2006, 11:29 AM
THanks for the help! I called the number today - and she is going to send me a different shirt - she offered to send the same thing, but I can see the problem happening again. For those who were wondering - it was the little girls violet TInkerbell shirt that said "Spoiled to Perfection" - we bought it at World of Disney in the Princess section and the decal started coming off with first wash. I understand about having to let it hang to dry, but honestly - I can't have fussy wash - LOL - I already have to remember to hang bathing suits, bras, etc - I can't have any more fussy wash. She is going to send me the same shirt my older daughter got - the purple and white tye dye tee shirt with Tinkerbell on the front. That shirt has been washed and looks great. Of course my older daughter is annoyed that her sister will have the same shirt, but tough! Plus the CM told me to keep the other shirt and let her wear it - of course it's injustice of the highest degree since little sis will have TWO shirts now - but oh well!

Thanks for your help!

TheDshow
06-17-2006, 11:31 AM
I had a guest at the Disney Store come in and want to return a snowglobe she had bought at Disney World that did not work right when she got it home. It was after we stopped taking returns from WDW and I gave her the phone number for WDW merchandise which is the same number that you get printed on your receipt and she called and they told her to keep the old one and they sent her a brand new one.

Gizmo1951
06-17-2006, 11:45 AM
On our last visit in October we bought a few shirts for our DS.
When we got home I put them away until his birthday in May.
All were XL.
When he tried one of them on one had the size mislabeled.
It was very small.
We had gotten them at Blues Brothers in DTD.
I called and they just had me sent the shirt back and they sent out a new one. Apparently some of those type of shirts had been mislabeled.
:goodvibes

justplaingoofy
06-17-2006, 11:49 AM
When we were in Epcot (Mexico) we bought one of those wool blanket/poncho things... got it home and it still had the security tag on it.
We called and they sent us a new one (minue the security tag) and asked us to put the one we purchased in the same package and send it back to them.
:sunny: