PDA

View Full Version : Freebies junk mail??

princesscj
06-16-2006, 06:39 AM
I have done a few freebies listed on this site, now I am receiving tons of junk mail at my e-mail addy. Anyone have this problem. Besides unsubsribing to each and every one, is there any hope to get rid of them?

Minnie116
06-16-2006, 06:47 AM
When you sign up for freebies, be sure to uncheck the upcoming offers box, or any boxes that would clutter your e-mail. But for now I am afraid you either need to change your e-mail or unsubscribe to them.

ncbyrne
06-16-2006, 06:58 AM
I have two e-address just for ordering, reward sites, etc. One is an AOL address when buying something online and the other is a yahoo.com address for everything that generates bulk mail. I never go onto the web thru the account I have for "regular" stuff like personal email.

Maybelle
06-16-2006, 07:28 AM
I wish I had anticipated all the junk mail before I began signing up for freebies on my regular e-mail account. Now I get about 60-75 junk e-mails a day in my junk file, but I still have to look through them each day, because any Disney info still goes into that file...what a pain! I'd rather deal with this junk though than the sleazy stuff that started popping up after I ordered from the free silver site. Got that under control now, but I won't go back there, no matter how tempting!

safetymom
06-16-2006, 08:18 AM
Many sites that have an unsubscribe button just acknowledge to them that they have a correct email address. You should use a throw away email when signing up for things, that way your email address won't be clogged with stuff.

CF'er
06-16-2006, 08:49 AM
and now I am being killed with junk email.

I hate to change email addy's but I may have no choice. I do have 2 that I use but I'm getting more junk to my personal one too. Hmmmmm

Live and learn I guess..... there are no such thing as "freebies" :teeth:

eeyorethegreat
06-16-2006, 02:35 PM
I have several email addresses for various things one for personal correspondence. I always make sure that I use one that is not my personal email for sign ups etc and there are many free email options available

nbodyhome
06-16-2006, 04:09 PM
I have a junk email address, but I also sign up for freebies mostly with companies I know, and not companies who will just take my info and sell it.

MeggerasMa
06-16-2006, 08:45 PM
Never thought about all the potential for junk mail because I never check the boxes to allow release of info or sharing of address. Surprise! Also I never considered opening an e mail account just for that kind of nonsense. Think I'll be another person who has to change e mail addresses. I just don't want to miss the necessary e mails that might include an elusive Disney "code"! LOL.