PDA

View Full Version : Need Help...want CLEAN hotel in $80-95 range

IluvKingLouis
06-15-2006, 05:03 PM
We are regulars to the Radisson Celebration (use to be Parkway). We have always paid $55.0 - $65.00 for this property. They have bumped their prices to $115.00 for the time we are looking at (mid October). I know they remodeled, but it was very much needed after the hurricanes. We stayed there last December and you could still see mold here and there and the rooms smelled funny (I'm guessing lots of cleaner to mask the smell of mildew).

Here's my dilemma: I'm happy to stay in a hotel with few amenities, but I really want a clean room and bathroom. No mold, mildew, crumpled up tissues in the corner. And please, no bugs. Let me know if I'm being unreasonable. I can live without the other niceties (microwave, fridge, fabulous pool, super smiley support staff). I just want clean and comfortable and relatively close.

I'm flirting with the idea of a Disney Value Resort. Any input would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Luvchefmic
06-15-2006, 07:01 PM
For the past few years I have been staying at the Extended Stay Deluxe hotels (just google for the website) I have a ressie for July 2 check in until July 18 check out at $69.99 per night ! that's for 2 adults 2 kids and they allow pets...I can't recommend this place enough, clean super clean, you would never know they allow pets, super friendly helpful staff, delicious muffins in the morning and each room is complete with full kitchen, stove, microwave, internet access, full size fridge, beautiful....the one we are staying at is approx 2 miles from AK ----yeah they all say that but this really is!

check out their website and check rates I think you will be thrilled :thumbsup2

spiceycat
06-16-2006, 09:30 AM
that is still value season for a DVC resort if you rent from a member.

a studio at OKW will be $80 to $104 ( $10 to $13 per point depending upon who you rent from)

you get WDW transportation and EMH.

so you can drink a little more at the wine/food festavial and not have to worth about driving back to your hotel room.

spiceycat
06-16-2006, 09:32 AM
forgot - just don't say on fri/sat nights - too expensive

IluvKingLouis
06-16-2006, 10:30 AM
Wow the DVC rate sounds great. How do you book these? Are these the units around the Boardwalk area? I'm completely ignorant when it comes to time shares and buying points, etc.

4theloveofdisney
06-16-2006, 10:40 AM
I would go with a Disney onsight value resort or rent points from a DVC member. While the value resorts are no frills (no fridge, micro, coffee pot), they are clean and you get the benefits of staying on property such as free parking, transportation and DME. Renting DVC points will give you a studio at the least (you can rent larger) and depending on what you rent, you will at the minimum have a kitchenette with fridge, micro, coffee maker and such. You will also be staying in a Deluxe hotel for a great price. Old Key West is the cheapest resort to stay in and it has the largest rooms. Just my opinion but I would do one of these options before I stayed off property again.

You can find out more about renting right here on these boards or you can visit www.allearsnet.com for photos and info on all Disney resorts and a few off sight resorts as well.

Good luck!

4theloveofdisney
06-16-2006, 10:43 AM
Wow the DVC rate sounds great. How do you book these? Are these the units around the Boardwalk area? I'm completely ignorant when it comes to time shares and buying points, etc.

You rent points from an owner so it's a little bit different than just making a ressie. If you scroll down on the Disboards forums, you will see DVC boards. You can read up and find out anything you want to know. There are posting rules and such that have to be followed. It's a little bit confusing at first but once you understand it all, it's not hard.

Good luck!

spiceycat
06-16-2006, 10:49 AM

no, the BW area is more expensive. Generally it starts at $12 a point. If you go next year - try in Nov to get Oct - BWV standard view - studio - around $108 to $126(standard) - preferred view $144 to $168, you might be able to get one at $120.

OKW is over in the DD section. you would need to take the WDW buses to all the parks.

you aren't buying points - you are renting 'em - and don't look at it as points - look at it as a reservation. (which is what you will need).

I think OKW still has availability. but BWV and BCV (the two Epcot resorts) have been sold out. that doesn't mean that there can't be a cancellation.... it is just harder to get those resorts.

to get these rates you need to go thru a DVC member - just go over on the DVC rental/trade board and look around. read the FAQ first!!!!

don't place an ad until you have looked around. you might find what you want for less money if you look. just make sure that the DVC member can make your reservation before any money is exchanged.

points won't do you any good - you need a confirmed reservations....

a studio has a microwave and under the counter refrigerator - so you could save some money with meals if you want too. You can also get the disney dinning $37.99 per adult per day - with a DVC member renting points you don't get the free dinning.

xboxundone
06-16-2006, 12:03 PM
have u considered renting a townhome? depending on when you are going it could be cheaper than a hotel and MUCH nicer :)

Emmyfaye
06-16-2006, 12:21 PM
Try Cypress Pointe - we stayed there in late April for about $95 a night and had a beautifully clean two bedroom condo suite, complete with patio (or balcony if you're on the second or higher floor), jacuzzi in the king-bedded master bedroom, a great snack bar/grocery for necessities and great pizza and other quick food items, a "volcano" pool that was clean and a hit with all of us - and did I note? It was clean, clean, clean! Good beds, lots of linens, lots of dishes and cookware if you are inclined to cook a little, close to a mini mall with restaurants (within a block's distance), about a mile or so away from the DTD Hotels (Hotel Boulevard?) - anyway, we loved it and will never stay in a regular hotel in Orlando again! :cheer2:

IluvKingLouis
06-16-2006, 01:35 PM
? It was clean, clean, clean! :

LOL, thank you for saying that since that is important to me. Not that I'm a total neat freak, but when I'm on vacation I just don't want to have to deal with dirt or (worse) mold :scared1:!

We had one bad experience where I rented a house and it was filthy! I was able to get our money back since I insisted on a credit card (lost our down payment though). Since then, I've been nervous about booking anything that you can't get out of, if upon checking in it's unacceptable.

I'm thinking we might do Disney Value resort, or maybe the DVC if I can figure it out!

Thanks for all the wonderful suggestions!

PS Anyone else want to pull out their hair when reading TripAdvisor? I just don't get how you can have a 4 star glowing report followed by a one star with an awful review!

spiceycat
06-16-2006, 02:19 PM
PS Anyone else want to pull out their hair when reading TripAdvisor? I just don't get how you can have a 4 star glowing report followed by a one star with an awful review!

first, of all you don't know if the people giving awful reviews are the competition or guests.

secondly, for the great views it could be the management of that hotel....

tripadvisor allows anyone and everyone to do a review - no one is required to prove that they stayed at that hotel.

Cypress Pointe gets some great reviews on tug as well (you must belong to tug so it cost money...)

I happen to love both OKW and Pop....both have nice water views!!! OKW is better because you get a balcony to enjoy your view.