PDA

View Full Version : OT. Help with cel phone service!

mommyceratops
06-15-2006, 11:53 AM
My cel phone broke today. :guilty: I dropped :rolleyes1

It is $150 to get out of our sprint contract, Which is up in a year. Or $150 to get a new phone.

We know for a FACT in one year we are not renewing with Sprint because service in our area is not very good. :confused3

So We are thinking of getting me out of my contract and get a phone service then later add DH.

Of course I want Disney mobile but it looks pricey?? :thumbsup2

What do you use??

Hedy
06-15-2006, 12:01 PM
You don't say where you are. I'm outside of Boston and love Verizon, myself. However, I *think* that Disney Mobile is run by Sprint, or uses its network.
You might consider checking Ebay or Craigslist for a cheap Sprint phone, and using that for the next few months.

mommyceratops
06-15-2006, 12:53 PM
:thumbsup2 I am near Louisville, KY. :tink: pluto:

Tinkerbell_Tiffany
06-15-2006, 12:55 PM
another thing you might do it switch to nextel..since they merged with sprint you will be able to swith and get out of your 150.00 early term. fee. if your in a partners area it will be the end of the month before you can do that.
another thing if you want to stay with sprint for now you can call sprint and ask to speak with their cancellations department and tell them that you will cancel your service if you cannot get another phone, usually you will be offered another phone for you to keep service.
do you have insurance on your phone?
The reason why I know this is because I work for nextel call center in florida. :)

hope that helps you....

mommyceratops
06-15-2006, 02:25 PM
another thing you might do it switch to nextel..since they merged with sprint you will be able to swith and get out of your 150.00 early term. fee. if your in a partners area it will be the end of the month before you can do that.
another thing if you want to stay with sprint for now you can call sprint and ask to speak with their cancellations department and tell them that you will cancel your service if you cannot get another phone, usually you will be offered another phone for you to keep service.
The reason why I know this is because I work for nextel call center in florida. :)

hope that helps you....

Thanks!! I will ask about that, tell them I will cancel if I don't get a new phone. I really want the Disney Mobile! But two cel phone services in the budget wont work to well. :artist:

mommyceratops
06-15-2006, 03:36 PM

hope that helps you....

Thanks so muchTinkerbell-Tiffany!! You ROCK!! :thumbsup2 I called Sprint and they are sending me a FREE phone so I didn't cancell!!! YOU ARE Dis-eriffic!!! :love: :love: