PDA

View Full Version : Six Flags - NE

mrsboz
06-15-2006, 12:13 PM
Does anyone know of any place to stay near Six Flags NE? Any help is appreciated. We are wondering what there is to do around there where to stay and what discounts do you know of near there? Thank you.

MickeyMonstersMom
06-15-2006, 12:52 PM
There is a large selection of hotels a few miles north of Six Flags (East or West Springfield, I can't remember which) with an Outback Steakhouse and an IHOP nearby, among others. Just DON'T make our mistake and stay at the Knights Inn - scary, scary place.

disnutt
06-15-2006, 12:55 PM
The Basketball Hall of Fame is in Springfield, MA just a few miles from 6 Flags. It's pretty cool.

IMALOVNDISNEY
06-15-2006, 01:21 PM
Does anyone know of any place to stay near Six Flags NE? Any help is appreciated. We are wondering what there is to do around there where to stay and what discounts do you know of near there? Thank you.

I have lived in the area of 6Flaggs ( it'll always be Riverside Park to me :rolleyes1 ) all of my life. You could stay in either MA or CT. It depends on what extras you are looking for and how long you want to stay.

If you PM me with more details I can try to help you find something, and make some suggestions as well. I promise I won't suggest the Knights Inn. :crazy: :scared1: :eek: If it's the one I'm thinking of, I truelly feel sorry for the other poster who stayed there. There are many Hotels/Motels on Riverdale Rd. West Springfield, and unfortunetly ALOT of them are undisireable :eek: :crazy2:

JeffM
06-15-2006, 06:24 PM
Ah...Riverside. I think I liked it better then. It was smaller though. The "little" monorail was neat thing too. I miss the Speed Track the most though.

Pea-n-Me
06-15-2006, 06:34 PM
Last year we checked into the Holiday Inn in Springfield which looked pretty nice on its website, and ended up checking out a short time later. It was pretty outdated (think Brady Bunch - lots of dark formica) and run down, lots of areas in need of repair and mold in the pool area, etc The view outside our window was of a dumpster and Hooters, LOL (that was the second room we were given; the first had people in it).

We went over to the Sheraton in downtown Springfield and it was very nice. :thumbsup2 Got a rate of $99/night which was around the same as the rate at the Holiday Inn as well. If you are a Starwood member you can get discounts.

Have a good time! :wizard:

gonemousin'
06-15-2006, 06:41 PM
Ah...Riverside. I think I liked it better then. It was smaller though. The "little" monorail was neat thing too. I miss the Speed Track the most though.

I had forgotten about the monorail there!! It was so rickety and broke down constantly...but yet I remember it fondly! I miss the old Riverside too...I'm not a big fan of what Six Flags has done to the place. I was so bummed when they tore out the old wooden bridge that connected the antique car area to where they used to have the grown up bumper cars. Oh well - I'm sure the place is more profitable now and I suppose that's what it's all about.

englishteacha
06-15-2006, 06:52 PM
We stayed at a Motel 6 in the Springfield area. It wasn't wonderful, but it was OK. Unfortunately there were trucks idling in the parking lot all night and we didn't sleep. We're not huge fans of Six Flags. We prefer Canobie Lake Park. It's much smaller, but it's very clean, and we always have a really nice time.

Pea-n-Me
06-15-2006, 07:00 PM
We also prefer Canobie Lake, although our kids are still only 8yo. We decided after our Six Flags trip it just wasn't worth it. We were at CLP two weeks ago and it was awesome as usual. :thumbsup2

iggbees
06-15-2006, 07:16 PM
don't stay at the quality inn in springfield, it's attached to a chinese food restaurant and it constantly stinks of chinese food.

my parents used to stay at the comfort inn across from the hockey rink in west springfield. they've found a hotel closer to where i am though.

in general west springfield/springfield is not a pretty area. springfield is worse than west springfield though.

there are some hotels in enfield, ct, which isn't too far away from six flags.

mrsboz
06-20-2006, 12:55 PM
Thank you for all your responses. I have been busy with the year end school stuff so I haven't looked into anything yet. Most of all thank you for telling me where not to stay.

pooch
06-20-2006, 05:24 PM
exit 49. It used to be a Raddison, now it's the Crowne Plaza. Phone #860-741-2211. Nice place, nice pool, Friendly's right next door. To Six Flags, I-91 south to exit 47W toward Suffield. Over the bridge and take a right. Six Flags is about 5 miles on your right. 10 minute trip.

It'll always be Riverside to me, too. Not my favorite place anymore, too crowded. But, as posted earlier, the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame is a terrific place to check out. From the hotel, it's about 10 miles north on I-91.

There's also the Bradley Air & Space Museum in Windsor Locks, not too far away. Deerfield, home of the original Yankee Candle store, is about 40 minutes north off I-91, great butterfly conservatory too!!

Hope this helps!!

Samandmom
06-20-2006, 08:18 PM
Ahhh the good old days of Riverside. ::yes:: We get the season pass for 6 flags since its something to do for the summer. Plus we can use the pass at the 6 flags in NJ. They have a drive through safari which is very cool. So we usually make a weekend out of it.
As mentioned above that Bradley International Airport has an Air Museum which is nice.
Enjoy!

lunchmomd
06-21-2006, 05:54 AM
Just a little off track here, but as I live in West Springfield, I think it's a very nice area, thank you very much.

Having said that, there are quite a few nice hotels on Riverdale Road that are quite convenient to Six Flags (always Riverside Park to me, too). The Ramada Inn is very nice, clean and they have a great free breakfast. There is also a Hampden Inn that is very nice as well. However, I agree with the others about Knights Inn (YUCK!!).