PDA

View Full Version : Hotels by DTD

wisbucky
06-15-2006, 11:10 AM
I was just trying to find hotels that are located by DTD ( right accross the street). But so far I have had no luck. Does anyone know of a list of those hotels? Much appreicated!

megpol
06-15-2006, 02:11 PM
www.downtowndisneyhotels.com

Right across the street is the Buena Vista Palace

Next in line are The Grosevnor & Hilton

Up a little is The Holiday Inn, Royal Plaza and so on - all on aboce website.

Hope this helps :cool1:

wisbucky
06-15-2006, 04:16 PM
Thanks much. I have seen that list but I was told there were additional hotels not listed on there. Are there more? :confused3

cherylp3
06-15-2006, 04:33 PM
No there aren't any other hotels. The previous poster is correct regarding Hotel Plaza blvd. Hotels

How far are you willing to travel?

Were you told they were Disney Hotels?

There are more offsite hotels on 192 and 535. etc.. but these hotels won't have any extra privledges.

PigletsPal
06-15-2006, 10:15 PM
If you do pick any of them stay away from the Grovsner it has really gone down hill. We stayed at the Best Western for only 1 night this past April and we liked it alot. Hope you fine something you like. Good luck!!

wisbucky
06-16-2006, 08:53 AM
I am looking for a hotel that has plenty of space in each room. My aunt and uncle are looking to travel with thier son who is in an electric wheelchair. They dont need a handicap room but one that will acomodate a lift. If need be they are willing to travel up to a mile away from Disney. In the past when they have booked handicap rooms in hotels they ended up with more problems than if they would of just taken a non handicap room.

Cherylp3 I know they are not Disney Hotels but I was hoping to get them as close to DTD as possible.

spiceycat
06-16-2006, 10:21 AM
I would book a DVC resort and rent a reservation from a DVC member.

if a normal hotel room will work - I would go with a studio. However if they need a larger a 1-bedroom.

OKW has 2 queen beds in a studio

a 1-bedroom has a king (in the master) and a queen sleeper sofa in the livingroom. (about twice as much in price as a studio)

WDW is so much nicer about taking a handicapped person than offsite. The WDW buses will take a wheelchair (on their lift) - so it is nice for going to the parks.

for summer the rates will be 11 points for a studio - so around $110 to $143
1-bedroom 22 points - so around $220 to $286.

fall is less expensive.

now if they insist on off site - try cypress pointe - hotelkingdom generally has it listed.

www.hotelkingdom.com

www.cypresspointe.net

now the only problem I have with a wheelchair is that some of the bigger ones won't fit in a normal door. but I have told with a personal wheelchair that is not a problem.

you can a wheelchair free from WDW if you are staying onsite and we do. Mother at 84 needs one.

spiceycat
06-16-2006, 10:36 AM
forgot - don't stay fri/sat at OKW (or any DVC resorts) too expensive.

no housekeeping at a dvc resort.

cherylp3
06-16-2006, 12:54 PM
Okay. The 1 mile is limiting them a liitle but I understand that they want to be close.

What I did was plug a few addresses near Disney areas into Google maps and typed hotels near. I've never stayed at any of these. They are all about a mile away. There were others such as Marriott that are farther.

Near Downtown Disney:
Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
1 Grand Cypress Blvd, Orlando, FL
(407) 239-1234

Days Inn Lake Buena Vista Hotel
12799 S Apopka Vineland Rd, Orlando, FL

Club Hotel By Doubletree
12490 State Road 535, Orlando, FL
(407) 239-4646

Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort
13351 State Road 535, Orlando, FL
(407) 239-4500

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Maingate East
13351 State Road 535, Orlando, FL
1.1 mi E - (407) 396-4488

Homewood Suites Lake Buena Vista
8200 Palm Pkwy, Orlando, FL
(407) 465-8200

Country Inn & Suites
12191 S Apopka Vineland Rd, Orlando, FL
(407) 239-1115

Sheraton Safari Hotel
12205 S Apopka Vineland Rd, Orlando, FL
(407) 239-0444

Near world drive:(AK and MGM)
Ramada Inn
2950 Reedy Creek Blvd, Kissimmee, FL
1.3 mi SW - (407) 396-4466

mbb
06-16-2006, 05:06 PM
Am I understanding that they would prefer to walk to DTD?

If so, I really wouldn't recommend any further than the Hilton or the BVP...well for us anyway;) We do enough walking in the parks!!LOL!

And don't forget, you can't get to the parks now from DTD..have to go to a WDWResort, transfer buses, and then to a park.

Spicey's suggestion was a good one too...renting points from a DVCer gives them larger, onsite hotel deluxe accomodations. If walking was a part of the plan, then look to an owner with BCV or BWV..they could stoll to both MGM and Epcot.

If walking is part of the plan:)

All of the official DTD hotels have shuttle transportation to the parks though...but the reviews of schedules, and length of travel time have certainly been mixed:)

HTH!!

:sunny:

SueM in MN
06-17-2006, 09:41 AM
All of the official DTD hotels have shuttle transportation to the parks though...but the reviews of schedules, and length of travel time have certainly been mixed:)

HTH!!

:sunny:
And, I would be very careful about assuming that the resort can transport a wheelchair on any bus. The DD ones should, but there have been quite a few posts thru the years about the off-site places having very few accessible buses.

wisbucky
06-17-2006, 11:15 AM
We were going to have them stay with us at OKW in a studio but since my cousin is on a bi pap machine the chances of my aunt and uncle having to cancel out due to complications is very possible. My aunt and uncle were going to stay with us in March at OKW. I had booked a 2br dedicated and they had to cancel out at the last minute due to my cousin having breathing problem.

I called MS and asked about possibly having the points that would normally go into holding (if they were to cancel) possibly given some sort of consideration. DH and I will be going in October and this is when my aunt and uncle will come along. I asked MS if they had to cancel if we could have the points used instead in March of 2007 and they stated no. They would have to be used by January 2007. These are points that we would have to borrow from our 2007 use year. We considered renting points from another member but again we would be in the same situation if they had to cancel out.

They really wanted to stay on site but money is limited for them. They would rather spend $100.00- $125.00 per night instead of $250.00 and use the additional money then take their son (my cousin) to see other things.

This trip will most likely be my cousinís last one time long trip ever again. He is 41 years old and had MD. He wanted so badly to stay on grounds and have the full Disney experience. And DH and I wanted to see it happen for him just as badly. His breathing problems began this year with him having to go on a bi pap machine. Eventually he will have to be on a ventilator. So you can understand why my aunt and uncle want to make the most out of it money wise. They have had to cancel two trips this year they had planned to WDW due the breathing problems that all came up with my cousin. They are hoping that now they will be able to travel in October.

If DH and I could afford to have a studio at OKW for them and not worry about if they didnít show we would be we cant afford it as I am sure most people cant. So we have been helping them look for a spot off grounds that would accommodate their price.

Unlike the rest of us they have expenses that are added on like renting a handi cap van, renting equipment such as a lift, purchasing a small battery or generator for back up on the bi pap machine. Unfortunately this all cuts into the amount they can spend on a hotel.

megpol
06-17-2006, 02:54 PM
Wisbucky - I can understand you wanting to make this trip special. If you are renting a van this won't be a problem - but - I do not think that the coaches that take you to the parks from DTD hotels have any allowance for wheelchairs (lifts etc) - infact my Mum who has bad arthritus in her knees had awful problems getting on and off them!. I may be wrong and the centre steps may be adjustable to assist - but I do not remember this being the case.

I am no expert but have stayed at the (now) Buena Vista Palace 5 times - if I can be of any help just yell!

cherylp3
06-17-2006, 05:46 PM
Wisbucky:

The hilton at downtown disney might be in that price range.

There is defintely a Courtyard by Marriot , a fairfield and a spring hill suites on Vineland Ave which is not far away and also most likely in that pricerange.

wisbucky
06-17-2006, 11:38 PM
Thanks so much Megpol and Cherylp3. Your help is so much appreciated. My aunt and uncle will be travlelng to all the Disney parks by thier rental van. They will not take the Disney buses nor the shuttles as my cousin may have severe difficulty with the ride.

Do either of you know if the Hilton or Mariott Courtyard is right across from DTD by the buses. I remember a hotel directly across the street but I dont recall the name of it.

megpol
06-18-2006, 06:55 AM
Thanks so much Megpol and Cherylp3. Your help is so much appreciated. My aunt and uncle will be travlelng to all the Disney parks by thier rental van. They will not take the Disney buses nor the shuttles as my cousin may have severe difficulty with the ride.

Do either of you know if the Hilton or Mariott Courtyard is right across from DTD by the buses. I remember a hotel directly across the street but I dont recall the name of it.

The 2 hotels that are right across from DTD are The BP and Hilton.

cherylp3
06-18-2006, 10:18 AM
Here's a mousesavers link to the hilton
http://www.mousesavers.com/hiltonwdw.html