PDA

View Full Version : Pre-made wedding album ideas

soccerchick
06-14-2006, 10:30 PM
Hi all,
DD is going to be a flower girl in a wedding in July, and I was thinking about doing a premade album for the bride and groom. What do you think would be best?

1. 7x7 with all generic type borders to put candid, guest-taken photos
2. 12x12 with more specifically themed pages, i.e. Getting Ready, the Wedding Party, How We Met, The ceremony, The Reception, etc.
3. Something else?

If I made more specific pages, what would you suggest ~ meaing HOW specific?

I'll probably use the CM Ever After coversets with natural pages, although if I do a 7x7 I may use Sky since it is closer to their actual wedding colors of silver, light blue and ivory.

Any advice from someone who has done this before would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Mickster
06-15-2006, 07:08 AM
I have made 3 wedding albums for my sister, brother and brother in law. I used the CM albums in 8.5 x 11. I normally scrap in 12 x 12 and switching to the smaller size was a little tough for me. :) I made pages for the rehearsal dinner and rehearsal, getting ready, the ceremony, the more formal shots of the entire party, the reception (that was a number of pages) and then special shots of the bride and groom. Since none of my siblings would ever fill in the books, I gave them the decorated book and had them help me decide what pictures and memorablia to put in it. In the end, all three were different but really showed the specialness (is that a word??) of each ceremony.

I don't know if that helps you. Good luck!

Stephres
06-15-2006, 07:22 AM
I made a wedding album for my husband's cousin. It was made for the candid shots the couple receives, not their professional pictures. It was small and I made it pretty generic: matching cream and gold papers with ribbons and wedding word charms on it.

Using their colors would be a nice touch I think.

JulianneCP
06-15-2006, 04:08 PM
...if I ever get around to it I'm making a small book for my neice who was married in Dec and another one getting married in Aug a 7X7 album both my kids where/are flower girls and ring bearers so I was going with the theme a wedding through the eyes of a child. I took lot;s of pics of them with the couple hugging looking at etc. I have them dancing together enjoying the cake etc.. just an idea

soccerchick
06-16-2006, 05:46 AM
Thanks for the replies. I'll probably do the 7x7. Now I have to decide on which stickers/kit to use and get it ordered.