PDA

View Full Version : Whats up with Pointe Orlando?

pth
06-14-2006, 06:00 PM
I drove by a couple of weeks ago and saw that part of the complex facing I drive was torn down and new construction was going on.

Does anyone know what the plan is for this place. I've only been there once and wasn't impressed with it. Especially the parking fee.

kilee
06-14-2006, 07:28 PM
I'll be interested to see what anyone knows. I know each trip we make that place becomes more and more desserted.

flatline
06-14-2006, 07:55 PM
they are totally redoing the entire complex. new upscale stores and restaurants have signed on. I saw the concept art in the newspaper and it looked very nice.

Jason71
06-15-2006, 11:41 AM
The Capitol Grill, a very pricey steakhouse, has already opened, tho a lot of the moderates (LuLus, Pac Man Cafe, Dan Marinos) have closed. They also have a high-end seafood place and restaurants themed to BB King and Tommy Bahama coming in sometime. It does look nicer than it used to, even with tons of construction.

You still have to pay to park, unless you hit a restaurant or a movie.

UKDEB
06-16-2006, 01:19 AM
Conceptual drawings and update here (http://pointeorlando.com/renderings.asp). We used to be fans, but since FAO Schwartz closed its doors, and more and more stores followed, it's become a rather sad and sorry little place. The planned redevelopment looks fab.

JohnnySharp2
06-16-2006, 03:57 AM
We stayed opposite at the Rosen Plaza the year Pointe Orlando opened, it was really refreshing with good shops and restaurants, something that really improved the whole I-drive area.
We used to walk over from the hotel.

It just gradually declined, FAO was a bog loss as that was a great Toy store -let's hope it regains it's popularity.

spiceycat
06-16-2006, 09:26 AM
I hate that area of ID - it is very too darn busy... so I generally avoid it. there are lots of outlet shops in LBV and Kissimmee that are fine for me.