PDA

View Full Version : Jonette and Leif ~*~May 18,2006 Uk Rose Garden/ CG/ Ill. Lower French

JonetteA
06-14-2006, 12:05 AM
Everyone I apologize for the delay in getting started, however, I wanted to try and get some photos for everyone to see. However, as luck would have it my desktop network card bit the bullet last night and I am typing this on my work laptop. Hmm something good came out of all of the hours at work!

Here is the itinerary leading up to and after the wedding. It was a quick trip to WDW that is for sure, and I am still trying to deal with the unbelievable amount of bad luck we had. Hopefully, you too will see the humor in it all as you read.

Tues May 16 - Arrive Orlando, Disney walk through, Meet up with friends that I had not seen in two years

Wed May 17th - Princess Breakfast in the Castle, steam the dresses, a massage thanks to my friend Lisa, and just get ready for the rehearsal dinner, rehearsal dinner

Thurs May 18th - Wedding Day, Illuminations Dessert party

Friday May 19th - Fun with the family, and finally a dinner alone

Saturday May 20th - MK Photoshoot and off for the Disney Cruise

JonetteA
06-14-2006, 12:07 AM
I am titling this one advice for a very good reason. These were things that I wish I had known, or know what they were, and lessons learned. I will be adding to this post as I go along and I hope that you will learn some things from my mishaps.

The Dress

1) An Organza overlay is not good for park weddings. My overlay took a real beating. My dress was not as dirty as I expected it to be with 3 park events, but the stitching and the beading at the bottom of the overlay took a huge hit, to where all you could do is trim off the loose strings.

2) If you have an overlay, ask alterations to tack it down so that it becomes part of the dress.

3) If you have a park or outside wedding, put tulle under your train so that that takes the brunt of the beating.

4) Do a French Bustle. Wish I had known what this meant. I am sure all of you knew...make sure that your bustle are ties and not buttons. Buttons break easy when your dress gets stepped on. And it will. More on this later. Hmmm foreshadowing....

5) Pad your alteration date by weeks!!! They had to redo my alterations past my supposed pick up time b/c it was wrong.

Sound Systems and Video

Make sure that your wedding coordinator knows beforehand that your video person is mic-ing the groom/ officiant. I am pretty sure that I mentioned this, but it became a problem later on. Make sure that this is tested beforehand no matter how late you are running. If you are paying for the sound system you want to get your money's worth.

Print Items

Make sure that you make sure that your fiancee approves the copy of the programs. Tie him down and make him do it.

Allow yourself at least 2 weeks to proof the final items (esp name cards) and all print items.

All in all pad all of your timeframes by at least 3 weeks more than you think you need to have the timeframe padded by. Things are always going to happen.

The Big Day

I was constantly running behind. Make sure that you allow yourself at least an extra hour more than you think. Allow at least 2 hours for yourself and then pad that by an hour. Even if you are done earlier than you think and you have to sit around that is better than missing out on the photos that you want!

Illuminations

Realize that you will not get to "watch" Illuminations, and if you get to eat any of you desserts you are one lucky girl. I don't think that I tasted anything.

Keys for the pictures:

1) Make sure that your face is toward the camera, especially if your husband -to-be is taller than you!

2) Make sure that when you two do all of the kissing (and there will be alot), you hold the kiss for 5-6 seconds which is totally unnatural. Just count it out in Mississippis.

Your EM

This person is your advocate and boy is he/she busy! I didn't realize how crazy their schedule really is. (Hi Diane! :wave: ) They are trying to make you happy and negotiate with the rest of Disney to get what you need done.

The best way to get ahold of them is to call and zero out for their assistant and make an appointment. That way you know that you have definate time with their undivided attention.

Keep an issues log. Probably not Diane's favorite thing, but I needed it to keep me in control. I shot a ton of emails at them, and I could not remember if the issues ever got addressed. This really helped keep me organized and made good use of my and her time.

Come to meetings with your EM with a list. Know the things that you want to talk with them about and hit those issues. Try to stay on track as much as you can. It really helps them and you with the time management and that way you don't forget something important.

Other Advice

This I can not stress enough. Make sure that you have one friend or family member that knows what is going on all during the day. Make sure that they are in on all of the "important" details. Basically, pick the things that you need to go right, and put that person in charge. I think I had a lot more interaction with my DJ and planner than anyone normally would, but I wish I had turned things over to my friend Lisa. She knew everything that was going on, and could have been my advocate that day. Lisa and I planned my wedding and her vow renewal together. More on Lisa later.....

Like I said I will be adding more and more to this as we go along and as I think of things.

DisneyHokie
06-14-2006, 12:35 AM
Thanks for the advice! I hope you had a great time and I love your adorable pic in your signature!

mindystar
06-14-2006, 01:22 AM
Just in case I haven't told you yet, Congratulations and much pixie dust on your Happily Ever After!
I can't believe we'll be embarking on Kammie's DFTW in about 27 hours or so. . .guess I'll have to wait to read your TR until after we get back in July :goodvibes
And BTW. . .you're picture in your signature looks so romantic! :cloud9: You look gorgeous and make a great looking couple :)

Laurafoster
06-14-2006, 03:34 AM
Thats a lovely picture Jonette! Cant wait to read the rest of your report!

NJOYURLIFE
06-14-2006, 03:47 AM
Your picture is beautiful! Can't wait to read your trip report!

Kim10110
06-14-2006, 06:27 AM
Congrats Thanks for the advice I cant wait to read more :)

tchan03
06-14-2006, 09:00 AM
Congrats! Can't wait to view more photos and trip report :)

Terence

VistaLeigh'smommy
06-14-2006, 09:25 AM
I am so excited for this!!!

JonetteA
06-14-2006, 10:40 AM
Thanks everyone. I am glad that you like the sneak peak of the pictures. There are more to come and more on our trip report a bit later....

pixie08
06-14-2006, 11:51 AM
Jonette your sigie pic is beautiful! Thank you for the advice...an upcoming bride like myself (who is alittle in the dark at times) really can benefit from advice like yours. I can't wait for more photos.

JJClemson
06-14-2006, 01:45 PM
Congratulations :) Jonette, I love that picture in your signature too! I cannot wait to see more pictures and read your TR. Thanks so so so much for the advice, I definitely need some!

KT27
06-14-2006, 04:44 PM
Congrats Jonette I love your Illuminations Pic. Can't wait to hear the rest.

Snoopygirl
06-14-2006, 06:06 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Can't wait to hear all the details and see pictures.

Best wishes on your new life together :cool1:

JonetteA
06-15-2006, 12:07 AM
All of these people helped to make my wedding a Magical Experience. I can't tell you how much these people did for us.

Photography - Randy Chapman (Chapman Photography)
www.chapmanphotography.com

Video - Stan (STVS Wedding)
www.stvsweddings.com

Hair and Makeup - Lisa Pena (Lisa's Magical Weddings)
www.lisasmagicalweddings.com

Floral - Disney Floral

DJ - DJ Charles Miles
www.milesdj.com

Dress Steamings and Storage - Carolyn Allens
www.carolynallens.com

Embroidery - ebay
I can send anyone the information if they want it later.

Randy Chapman - I don't have the words to describe Randy's work. It was amazing and the amount of photos that he took were out of control. I think we have over 1400 pictures from all of the events. The quality of the photos and the relationship I had with Randy can not be beat. Here are a few more teaser pics for everyone, including you Kelly! Enjoy! I really do value the friendship between myself and Randy and Linda. They really helped me through some tough spots and made me laugh when I thought it was time to cry. They are the BEST!

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/jonettea/JL00315-18-06.jpg

STVS - Bonnie and Stan
The ceremony video edited and shown at the reception, and their attitudes and willingness to do what I want to make it a great day is like nothing I have ever experienced. I knew I would hit it off with Stan and Bonnie immediately and do not regret them or the video purchase at all.

If you are having doubts on if you need a video or not, I will tell you it is priceless. My grandmother is 87 and Leif's dad is not in the best of health. It is going to be great to have that living, moving, speaking memory of them. Like I mentioned, I lost my mom about 5 year ago, and I would give anything to hear her voice one more time.

Lisa Pena

Nothing short of fabulous. I had no real opinion on my hair except up and that I wanted natural makeup. She did that and more. Lisa kept me laughing and relaxed the whole time. I really can't say enough about her!!!

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/jonettea/JL16285-18-06.jpg

My hair:

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/jonettea/JL06615-18-06.jpg

My niece's hair:
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/jonettea/0811530a.jpg

Carolyn Allens

Carolyn and her staff were excellent. Carolyn really went out of her way for me more than one time during the wedding and is the sweetest person. I really got to know her and that was a true gift.

DJ Charles Miles

Charles is a RIOT!! Disney assigns your DJ, but I can't explain how lucky I got in this department. We did all of the crazy things, b/c my attitude hangs that way and we had 9 kids there. The kids thought that all of this was the best as they took over the DJ. I will tell you, yes we did the slide, and the chicken dance (my 87 year old grandmother did the chicken dance...PRICELESS), and the YMCA. You will see why that is priceless later on.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/jonettea/JL04475-18-06.jpg

Disney Floral

I can't say enough good things about them. Even though I was shocked at the first estimate, I kept with them and they worked with me to get to the budget I needed to be at. I don't regret them or their creativity at all. I'll be honest I know nothing about flowers. I told my floral manager in general what I was looking for, and described it in intensity and this is what my bouquet came out as. (Allison, I will post this picture in your pj so that you can see what the Callas looked like in the bouquet.)

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/jonettea/JL02135-18-06.jpg

Embroidery

I did this through a lady on EBAY and I was totally thrilled. I provided the hoodie and she did the work. For the bag, I added the crystals.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/jonettea/a2663d49.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/jonettea/JL06655-18-06.jpg

cryssi
06-15-2006, 12:45 AM
wow Jonette! You looked amazing! congratulations and can't wait to hear/see more!!! :)

Ember
06-15-2006, 10:36 AM
I am finding this SO helpful! Please keep posting! :thumbsup2 You look so beautiful, I can't wait to see more!

Rustyflwr3
06-15-2006, 10:48 AM
Jonette - You look beautiful! Your hair is absolutely fantastic! :) I love the picture that you posted of the two of you behind the flowers! I also love the embroidery that you had done! Congrats and I can't wait to hear more!

Kim10110
06-15-2006, 10:53 AM
I loved the review I have randy and stan for my wedding :cool1: I cant wait thank you so much.

allisonswonderland
06-15-2006, 02:05 PM
Your flowers are soooo pretty!! I love everything

Laurafoster
06-15-2006, 02:58 PM
Jonette you look stunning in those pictures, cant wait to hear more of your trip report!

Honeibee
06-15-2006, 03:11 PM
Congratulations! I can't wait to read the rest of your story!

JonetteA
06-15-2006, 03:17 PM
I am really glad you guys are enjoying this so far!

JJClemson
06-15-2006, 08:36 PM
Oh my goodness Jonette! You look wonderful :) Everything just looks perfect. You, your hair, dress, bouquet... just stunning! I cannot wait to read more and see more :goodvibes I can tell this is going to be a great TR!

JonetteA
06-15-2006, 11:40 PM
On with the show...otherwise entitled "Really, I can handle anything"

Starting Friday before the wedding, I finally got the paper products in to
start assembling them for the ceremony and the reception. Because of starting so late, there was no time to ship and I had to assemble everything myself.

A big shout out to Ellen for letting me copy her design. It worked so well with what I was doing.

As I was assembling the products I realized that Leif's stepmother's name was spelled wrong on the placecards, we were missing a placecard, and there were a few things wrong on the program. The printers had to reprint the program to fix the one error and fix the place card, and replace one that was not in the order. Hence the advice to always allow more time that you really think you need or anyone says you need. Also, here come the advice to tie your fiancée to the chair and make him go over the programs.....

Well I mentioned that we had incredibly bad luck this trip, and I was really not even kidding. As Leif finally, on Sunday took time to review the programs, he realized that his sister’s name was spelled incorrectly. Apparently she is a true Jenny and not a Jennifer. I was already 90% complete in assembling the programs when we found this other error.

I called the printer immediately and they started to reprint everything on Monday morning. I just wanted everything to be right and not cause any unnecessarily complaining by his stepmother. While waiting on the new insides of the programs, I continue to assemble everything thinking that I have Monday off and I just can go get the program insides and finish assembling them and be on my merry way.

List of things to do on Monday:

- Get up and do laundry
- Pack some items (get that honeymoon bag together)
- Massage at the Origins spa in town with my friend Gabe! Whom I adore and he raises Sharpei dogs (not sure of the spelling there)
- Buy some socks, as mine seem to always disappear
- Buy Leif a new shirt to go with his suit for the cruise b/c he only had one dress shirt. He goes business casual to the office so oh well.
- Get my nails done
- Pick up the reprinted programs and place cards
- Work on the rest of the list

By this time my dad and my step-mom Kathy were driving to Disney. I am so glad that they did!!! It really saved me alot of money in rentals from the Disney florist.

To give you an idea, here are a few pictures of the trailblazer as it headed toward Florida....

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/jonettea/trailblazer3.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/jonettea/trailblazer2.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/jonettea/trailblazer1.jpg

Amy, I feel your pain about driving to Florida. Luckily we only had to squeeze dad and Kathy into the car and some clothes for them and their golf clubs.

The next installment: You got to be KIDDING me!

Tinkerbellz
06-15-2006, 11:56 PM
Jonette,
So far it sounds like you had several bumps in the road, but you looked absolutely beautiful. I love the pics you have posted and a great BIG thanks for the advice you've so freely given to all of us. :love:

I think your siggie pic has just done the job for me. I HAVE to have an illuminations dessert party and I HAVE to wear my dress.

I look forward to more trip report. :dance3:

happylalagirl
06-16-2006, 10:26 AM
Jonette - thank you for all the advice. We have already reserved Randy and Stan for our wedding. We are really getting excited... only 177 more days left!!! Time is just flying by... thank you for your advice. It's greatly appreciated. THat's why I love this board - everyone is so honest. :thumbsup2

AND most importantly, you are a beautiful bride!!! :wizard: princess: :sunny: Your dress, your hair, your makeup - everything looks perfect. Even though you had some challenges, you are still married to a wonderful man and you got to have your fairy tale wedding. Congratulations again!! Can't wait to read more about your trip. :banana:

Laurafoster
06-16-2006, 11:37 AM
[QUOTE=happylalagirl]Jonette - thank you for all the advice. We have already reserved Randy and Stan for our wedding. We are really getting excited... only 177 more days left!!! Time is just flying by... thank you for your advice. It's greatly appreciated. THat's why I love this board - everyone is so honest. :thumbsup2 [QUOTE]

Just noticed you are getting married a few days after me, wow that means less than 177 days left!

PrincessMo
06-16-2006, 12:04 PM
Jonette!!!

I haven't had a chance to read everything but I can't wait to. You looked gorgeous! Breathtaking really. I love your picture in your siggie...that is great. Makes me wanna put one in mine. Very classy picture.

Anyways just wanted to reply to mention how gorgeous you looked. I bet you felt like a princess!!! because you sure looked like one. Now, maybe some day i will finish up my trip report and post it LOL!!

Congrats sweetie, you looked amazing!!!

Have A Magical Day!

JonetteA
06-16-2006, 12:58 PM
Princess Mo - I am glad you are liking everything....we have alot in common as you will see later on in the Trip Report!

WDWINJUNE!
06-16-2006, 01:49 PM
Congratulations to you both! You look so beautiful and so happy! And you are right about Carolyn, Lisa and Stan...we had them for our wedding and they were great to work with :thumbsup2

I can't wait to read the rest of your report and see more pictures (maybe someday I will get to posting a trip report myself :teeth: )

Congratulations to you again and best wishes for a wonderful life together :goodvibes

Laura

JonetteA
06-16-2006, 11:45 PM
Monday - The day before we leave...

Total Sleep: 7 hours (Little did I realize that that would be
exception not the rule.)

Mental State: So far so good, at least in the beginning...

I got up this morning thinking that I could handle anything. A little bit of sleep and most of the packing done, I can have a little bit of a lay-in until my 1pm massage. I get up and head for my massage I am a little tense but ok. I had a hot rock massage and my body could definitely get used to that let me tell you! Gabe and I talked about his puppies and how he is expecting about 8 more new arrivals in the next few weeks. His sweet Sharpei babies are pregnant. Anyways, it was time to pay Gabe and get on my way, when he said that the massage was on him and not to worry about it. I gave him a huge tip and a hug and headed out of the door to the mall. I decided at 2pm that I had time to make it back up to Plano and get the insides of the programs before it was too late in the day, and then I would head back into Dallas for my nail appointment. To give you an idea, it was about a 40-minute drive each way. I thought I was going to be late for my nail appointment and I was, b/c I had no idea where this place was. See my friend had made the appointment and she was supposed to meet me there. Well she wasn’t answering her phone at all as I called Marion to tell her I would be a bit late. Come to find out later as I cruise up and down this street with a billion and one nail places, that she was not coming and she had thrown out her back. I met Marion at Origins where she works freelance as an aestitican. We have become really good friends and she lent me a piece of jewelry that you will see in some of the pictures. It is a blue sapphire and pearl bracelet.

While I am getting my nails done, I was feeling pretty good. I call Leif and ask him if he wants to go get Chinese food for dinner! He accepts and I finish my nails. Well, I left the store and I was not really happy with my nails, I got a fake set put on and the white stuff on my nail was showing through the acrylic. The lady said she had done them right. I was just really tired by the time this came along so I decided just to get used to it. I was running a little early to dinner with Leif so I checked out Ann Taylor Loft to see if there was anything I needed and resisted buying anything. That store is my total downfall!! During this downtime I decided to look over the insides of the programs. Well, they were only supposed to correct one name, and they moved the names to a different line and did something really funky with it. Keep in mind by this time it is 5:30 on the day before I leave! I am really stressed so I make an emergency call to my printer, and my friend Lisa Fontenot explaining the situation. I wanted to go and handle this emergency immediately, but I couldn’t b/c Leif does not have and does not want a cell phone. I didn’t want to stand him up. So I am on edge with everything that has been happening family wise, and now this. Leif at dinner smarted off to me…”Why are you stressing me out with these little details?” I said it was a major detail, and did not speak to him the rest of dinner.

I decided that the nails were still bothering me, so I went someplace else and just paid to have them fixed. Luckily I made it just under the wire of the time that they were closing.
The printer called back and they were reprinting as we spoke. I ended up getting the stuff around 9:00 pm and still had to assemble everything. Leif was not packed which was another problem with me. I really wanted him to be packed so that we could have a relaxing night. He didn’t get to help do the assembly, b/c he wanted to work out. I was still upset over the last comment and was bummed that I did not get to work out that night.

I did start talking to him again explaining the stress that was going on. I think I got to bed about 1:30 am and was up at 4:30 the next morning.

Coming up next: No really, it can't get much worse....or...You people SUCK!

Laurafoster
06-17-2006, 05:23 AM
Jonette your trip report is great! Your section titles are too funny!

disneyfan19712006
06-17-2006, 03:22 PM
What a small world. I didn't know anyone else in my family as a disneyaholic like me. Glad the wedding was a success. Melody is getting married here in Garland October 14 and she and Gabe are going to Disneyland for the honeymoon. I was just surfing looking for honeymoon tips for her when I found you. See you soon. :wave:

JonetteA
06-17-2006, 04:38 PM
Hang on because more is coming!!! I am glad to see that an actual person in my family is a disneyaholic too!

2angelsinheaven
06-17-2006, 05:36 PM
Jumping in to read your report. Again congrats! Did you ever get the situation with the pictures worked out?

JonetteA
06-17-2006, 09:32 PM
Still working on it. Looks like we may have to come back in January. Maybe you could come to Orlando and we could hang!

disneyfan19712006
06-18-2006, 01:16 AM
We will be a AKL 7/6-7/12. Planning on going back for Christmas. No ressies yet. I'm waiting til I get back. This is trip #19.

WithDisneySpirit
06-18-2006, 09:06 AM
I am looking forward to your trip report of your wedding, Jonette! Your illuminations pic is just gorgeous! :goodvibes

JonetteA
06-18-2006, 10:35 PM
Ahh Tuesday morning – aka “Really it can’t get much worse!” No really, never say that…

Total sleep: 3 hours

I got up at 4:30 in the morning and headed into Dallas to miss all of the traffic. I was going to meet Marion at 6 am and she was going to do this oxygenation treatment on my skin one last time. She made it to the appointment and apologized for everything being crazy the day before. We finished the treatment in record time and I was back fighting the Dallas traffic to Plano. Leif had pretty much everything in the car by the time I got there, which was GREAT. We had to turn around one time right after we left the house, b/c I could not find my cell phone. We found it stuck in the stuffed back seat and we were on our way. We were leaving the car at a friend’s house, but had to meet my bridesmaid Tiffany first. She was physically going to take us to the airport. Tiffany was there the night that Leif and I met and I was so happy to have her as part of our wedding. We drop off the car and head to the airport in plenty of time. I am exhausted and looking forward to nothing more than sleeping on the plane. We get to the AirTran terminal wave goodbye at Tiffany and drag the luggage inside. We get to the check-in desk and had a bombshell dropped on us. (That night I had 2 events I wanted to attend: Meetup with my coordinator and floral manager as a howdy and I was planning to meet up with some friends whom I have not seen in 2 years! They had managed to come for the wedding.) I am feeling excited and happy to finally get to be in Florida again. Really, I don’t think that I could ever go too much!

We get to the ticket counter and are told that Air Tran had canceled our flight. My first reaction on 3 hours of sleep is that “ You are JOKING right?” Yes, I admit it Bridezilla was about to come out in a big big way. More than ever before. See I was wearing my “Why?” t-shirt. What may you ask is a “Why?” t-shirt. Well, it is a t-shirt that stops people dead in their tracks from asking you “Why do I have to….for your wedding?” I got so much of it I made the shirt where it said Why on the front and on the back it said, “Because I am the Bride!” Believe it or not, I learned the magic of that phrase way, way too late!!!

I immediately ask to speak to a supervisor and he said that he could do nothing at all. Basically too bad, so sad. By this time I wanted to speak to someone else higher than him, but no one existed at the airport of a higher rank. We were not the only ones notified when we were checking in. There was another lady and she was HOPPING mad. I immediately called my travel agent, Disney, my friends that I was going to meet with, and the family to tell them what had happened. This was the first of more than a few crying jags. I spent the two hours trying to figure out an alternate plan. We were now scheduled to go through Atlanta and that is an airport that no matter how long my layover, I always have to run from one terminal to another. My big concern was that we would not be able to get to Disney that night at all and we would have to pay for a room in Atlanta when we already paid for one in Orlando. That and I would miss my friends, hence another crying jag ensues. Let me just tell you that I am not the type of person that cries often at all. This was really unusual for me! When we got on the plane finally after another 2 hour wait, we found out that we would not have to change planes so that we would land in Orlando 3 hours late, but still in time to see my friends. I called Magical Express and gave them the update. Little did I realize while in Atlanta, I overheard an interesting conversation. The flight attendant was on her cell phone telling someone on the other end that they cancelled the Dallas – Orlando direct again. Hmm that fit with what I heard at the check in counter in Dallas, the supervisor said that corporate had plenty of notice. It looks like I am going to be writing a letter to Air Tran.

Needless to say there are no pictures of this event for obvious reasons. I was just not feeling photo friendly. We checked into POFQ and I left Leif with the luggage and took a taxi to meet my friends at MGM.

Here are the Omaha girls. Three in the picture were Disney Store cast members, that includes me. One of us three works in entertainment at WDW now. I made it just in time to get a kids meal, which I did not eat much of, and to find seats for Fantasmic.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/jonettea/fantasmic1.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/jonettea/fantasmic2.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/jonettea/fantasmic3.jpg

Fantasmic was great as always. Afterwards we hit DTD. The girls gave me a quick shower and I purchased plain pearl earrings from the Pearl Factory for the wedding. I will add in the shower pictures when I get them. We had the “shower” at Ghiradelli’s. I got towels and the bride and groom ears!

It was about 11:30 and I was ready to hit the bed. I got my luggage from Leif’s room and spent the night with my grandmother. She wanted to visit, since we don’t get to see each other that much. It was almost 1:30 am before I got to bed and I had to be up at 6:00 am the next morning for the bridal breakfast with the kids in the wedding and a few hangers on aka the kids' parents.

Next Installment: To be or not to be a Princess....or sometimes the Princess is so late she's a frog

Laurafoster
06-19-2006, 03:12 AM
Loving your trip report! Sorry you had such problems with your flight, hope you get somewhere with the letter!

JJClemson
06-19-2006, 06:51 AM
Oh Jonette, what a difficult way to start your wedding w/ the whole flight situation! I know what you mean about Atlanta, such a huge, confusing airport. I hope you did write that letter to Airtran.

I am loving your TR so far. I agree with the other poster who said your headlines are hysterical :)

Moonbeams
06-20-2006, 02:47 AM
Girlie -- This is much funnier after the fact then while you were living it. I'm so glad you are finding the humor in this now.

Can't wait to read more. I'm loving the photos!!

Jennifer

disneyfan19712006
06-21-2006, 01:36 PM
Can't wait to see what happened next.

allisonswonderland
06-21-2006, 05:47 PM
We want more!!!! Or I do at least

JonetteA
06-21-2006, 10:39 PM
Sorry guys. I promise to try and have something ready for tomorrow. I am heading out at lunch to go and get my name changed on my drivers license!

angel*lady
06-22-2006, 08:17 PM
Subscribing. Great TR! princess:

The Charmed One
06-24-2006, 06:25 PM
I'm really enjoying reading this report can't wait for more.
Love Wendy xxx :bride:

JonetteA
06-25-2006, 12:40 AM
To be or not to be a Princess....or sometimes the Princess is so late she's a frog...Luckily the frog comes later

Wednesday May 17th– To be or not to be a Princess…of COURSE we are Princesses! (Except for the boys.)

Total Sleep: 4 hours

I woke up this morning and started getting ready for the Princess breakfast at the castle. I was beyond excited. We were going to take the flower girls and jr. bridesmaids to the castle for a Princess breakfast. My dad, my step-brother (our minister), and my nephew (our ring bearer) decided there were better attractions out there than some slimy girls. So they took off to hit the kingdom while we had Princess time.

Meeting up at 6:45 am with everyone. No one is quite awake yet!! I bought Seth, the only boy a pirate hat and hook, you never know when you are going to meet the bad guys, and everyone else wore their Princess crowns of course. Although, there were a couple of 9 year olds that were too cool for it!

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/jonettea/wedding/DSC00001.jpg

Due to the way that we did the reservations, Leif had to check back into his room at the POFQ. While he was doing that, I gathered all of the dresses and gave them to Leif to deposit in the room. I took time and visited with everyone. I do have to say that of everything that I did for the wedding, this was one of the best ways I spent money. The looks on the girls faces, and their excitement was AMAZING and worth every penny.

We finally all got together and hit the monorail. We drove to the TTC so that everyone could have their first ride on the monorail. I really think that it added to the excitement of the day!! The next few pictures are mine and then I think I am going to let the photos from my uncle tell the rest of the story.

Everyone’s first ride on the monorail, well except for Leif and I.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/jonettea/wedding/DSC00002.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/jonettea/wedding/DSC00003.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/jonettea/wedding/DSC00005.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/jonettea/wedding/DSC00006.jpg

Entering the gates! Ahh, can you feel the love and excitement.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/jonettea/wedding/JL00085-17-06.jpg

Hmm, everyone running toward the castle and food….Do you see Leif with the ears…Kinda like Where’s Waldo.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/jonettea/wedding/JL00155-17-06.jpg

The girls! The back two are both 9 and they were my Jr. Bridesmaids…the front 3 are the flower girls!

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/jonettea/wedding/JL00195-17-06.jpg

Leif with his brother, his brother’s wife and his nieces.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/jonettea/wedding/JL00285-17-06.jpg

Practicing for the wedding

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/jonettea/wedding/JL00425-17-06.jpg

My dad and I

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/jonettea/wedding/JL00485-17-06.jpg

Yeah BABY it’s time to see Cinderella!

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/jonettea/wedding/JL00645-17-06.jpg

The early mornings are getting to us, and it won’t end soon.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/jonettea/wedding/JL00715-17-06.jpg

Beautiful Cinderella with all of our autograph books. Yep we bought books for the kids too!

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/jonettea/wedding/JL00785-17-06.jpg

Cinderella with the girls.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/jonettea/wedding/JL00835-17-06.jpg

Group photo with Cinderella

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/jonettea/wedding/JL00925-17-06.jpg

Here is one of my favorite moments…

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/jonettea/wedding/JL01755-17-06.jpg

I could go on and on….but I think you guys understand how wonderful it was. We had 12 people at our table, and I do have to say that the DDE card came in really useful!

Here are a few last pictures to round this out.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/jonettea/wedding/JL02085-17-06.jpg

And one last kiss to end the morning! Practice makes perfect!

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/jonettea/wedding/JL02115-17-06.jpg

Up next: The room will be ready WHEN? The beginning of running late for the rest of my life….well single life at least! (Gribbit!)

JonetteA
06-25-2006, 12:59 PM
Our Professional Photos by Randy Chapman!

http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventthumbs?event=0CQ7002W

Laurafoster
06-25-2006, 01:42 PM
Loving the trip report Joneete! And your pics are great! You looked really gorgeous!

JJClemson
06-27-2006, 11:07 AM
I love your TR Jonette! What a great idea taking your Jr BMs and FGs to the castle for breakfast. Such a great idea that I may have to copy it ;) Your pictures are beautiful too! Thanks for sharing, I cannot wait to read more!

JonetteA
06-27-2006, 11:11 AM
Jen you can borrow any idea that you want. Just remember to call 6 months in advance. We were very very lucky to get all of us in.

cryssi
06-27-2006, 12:50 PM
Jonette! Your pictures are amazing! You were so beautiful, and it looked like you had an awesome day! I love reading your TR, too...makes me want to go back and work on mine although I can never tell such a good story as you and the other girls... LOL

Thanks for sharing and congratulations!!!!! :)

p.s. what was the blue stuff you were drinking?

JonetteA
06-27-2006, 02:25 PM
It was blue punch...I called it Happily Ever After

cryssi
06-27-2006, 03:21 PM
nice. you have some great pics with it...

2angelsinheaven
06-27-2006, 03:50 PM
Jonette, wow, those photos are wonderful. Congrats again!

ohanafamily
06-27-2006, 05:43 PM
Absolutely beautiful.

:figment:

sajetto
06-27-2006, 05:47 PM
Hey Jonette, I just wanted to say that the pics of all the CRT festivities are my favorite. Everyone looks so happy and like they're having a blast. Count me in as another bride stealing your idea ;) I'm thinking of taking my sister's kids and my DF's cousin with special needs. They'd have such a good time :thumbsup2

JandJ
06-29-2006, 11:39 AM
Thanks so much for sharing! I just LOVE the monorail pictures all dressed up in your wedding finery - too cute!! Congratulations - you look so happy :goodvibes

LindaBabe
07-01-2006, 05:10 PM
Subscribing! Can't wait to read the rest of your story!

Namsupak
07-01-2006, 09:27 PM
Congrats! You're Illuminations pic is so beautiful and I can't wait to see more :)

phisigprincess
07-03-2006, 12:08 PM
I just LOVE your pro pics!!!! They're beautiful!! I like the one of the "When Piglets fly" slippers! I have those too. :) Do you have the matching PJs? They're my favorite PJs of all time. Congratulations!!

mindystar
07-03-2006, 04:59 PM
You're pictures look like it was a lot of fun, and well worth the mental anguish before hand. Your coach bags are so cute and that "Happily Ever After" punch looks good-what did it taste like? I love the pictures of you two where the water fountain is spraying in front of you, so you see the both of you through water droplets--very pretty! Got to go finish looking at your pics--how exciting!!!

dznymom3
07-03-2006, 07:24 PM
I am enjoying reading all about your wedding. You looked absolutely stunning in your wedding photos. :)

Chrissie-riel
07-03-2006, 10:55 PM
I loved all your photos Jonette! Soooo pretty with all the soft colors :artist: the pale blues, greens and pinks. The ducky pics were my faves.....I know you said that there were lots of issues, but you can't tell from the pictures that anything was less than perfect. I look forward to hearing the rest.

JonetteA
07-03-2006, 11:46 PM
The room will be ready WHEN? The beginning of running late for the rest of my life….well single life at least! Or how many people CAN you fit into a room at the Boardwalk and still fit in a massage table!

After the breakfast Leif and I headed back to POFQ to meet up with my grandmother get all of the dresses that needed to be steamed together and head off to the Boardwalk, minus Leif of course. Now my friend Lisa F, well she ROCKS. She rented one of the garden suites so that we could spend the night before the wedding talking and carrying on. Honestly, it was what I needed most of all.

So my grandmother (87) and I head off to the Boardwalk via Taxi service (Mears). We get there and check in, and I am really getting excited. By this time it is about 11:45pm and Lisa Pena is scheduled to come do my hair and makeup for the reception about 1pm. Lisa Pena is also going to do my grandmother’s hair so that it looks nice for the wedding. (I loved my grandmother’s hair, grandma not so much.) During that time Carolyn Allen is coming to steam all of the dresses, also at 1pm. Carolyn was then going to head over to the boys and fit the tuxes.

So we check in and the room is not ready yet. The concierge manages to get us a room to use until ours was ready. Come to find out the guy that checked us in knows a friend of mine. That was pretty funny! So they get us a room, meanwhile my phone is ringing off of the hook with everyone calling. I tried calling Lisa Pena to tell her what room we are in, as well as Carolyn Allen. I got ahold of Carolyn, but managed to miss Lisa Pena somehow. Carolyn came and started to steam all of the dresses and Lisa F. showed up to hang out for a bit. It was great to see her. Anyways, poor Lisa Pena waited around for me for over an hour and we finally got caught up. Small blessing let me tell you. She asked downstairs for me and they showed that we checked in, but no one followed up to see where we would be. So let’s do a room count. Lisa Pena, Lisa F., me, my grandmother, Carolyn Allen. All in a small room at the Boardwalk. Remember the suite is not ready yet, and Carolyn is steaming 6 dresses which includes my wedding dress. So Lisa starts and finishes my hair and makeup and starts my grandmothers hair when Meagan shows up to give me a massage (another gift from Lisa F.)

So quick room count. Lisa Pena, Lisa F., me, my grandmother, Carolyn Allen, and Megan the massage lady and 6 dresses. Ok now call me crazy, but it is loud, and not really conducive to relaxing. Everyone starts to leave. Carolyn was done, Lisa P was done, Lisa F was off to check on her family and get them ready for the rehearsal dinner, and my grandmother was off to take a taxi and get ready for the rehearsal dinner. This left Megan and I. I asked Megan what she heard, and she and I both said at the same time “the sound of silence”. I went ahead and told Megan she could stop a few minutes early. I had to get dressed and it is almost 4pm.

From about 2:30 until 4pm my brother probably called about 7 times no lie. To find out where they were trying on tuxes, why didn’t I tell him Magical Express causes delayed luggage (hmm told you this and you had it in writing, not sure if you read it or not), then he couldn’t find the room (again not able to ask anyone for directions) so the final deal was that he missed the tux fitting. At that point I am a little irritated and just figured he would wear whatever he had and would just deal.

I was about ready to leave for the rehearsal, I am dressed and coiffed and I called to find out if our room was ready. It was ready at 4pm as I was ready to head out the door. I noticed just then that my veil was not steamed. I made a quick call to Carolyn Allen’s and they said that Carolyn would come at 6am and finish it for her! I was so thankful for that great customer service you have no idea. It was such a madhouse that I was shocked that she did as well as she did.

Well, no one was with me at all for someone to be with all of the dresses and the luggage so that bell services could take the items to the garden suite. Bell services came quickly and I bribed the guy to figure it out while I went to my rehearsal. I left about 4:15 for my 4:30 rehearsal. Now keep in mind that I padded all times by 15 minutes for each event so that no one would be late. As I am approaching the Yacht Club and the Gazebo, where our rehearsal was being held, by boat I noticed something interesting. Basically, there were only 2 people there and it was 4:25pm. Hmm…interesting as everyone should have been there by 4:15pm. I walk up to the gazebo and Leif and his sister are there. Thank goodness the groom is there. Love the fact that he is early and is ready to get the show on the road. Everyone else turns up about 30 minutes late. Apparently, even though I love my family and friends, they get lost easy. I don’t think it ever occurred to anyone to ask where the Gazebo was. Rehearsal dinner was starting at 6:30 at Fultons, and we did not start our rehearsal until almost 5:00. The running late begins…. Here are a few pictures from the rehearsal.

The gazebo
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/jonettea/wedding%20rehearsal/DSC00377.jpg

Diane Bowen explaining things while I talk to my Dad. Actually it was a stern talking to. See, normally I like to think that I have a nice sense of humor. I see the lighter side of life. I love Disney why not. Well, quick flashback. For Christmas last year I bought Leif a Mickey icon tie in red and navy for him to wear during our wedding rehearsal and the cruise. At the time I thought, oh well this is something that Dad would totally wear from a color standpoint. Ok fast forward back to the rehearsal. Dad shows up with this awful tie. I am not talking bad, I am talking god-awful. The navy tie had on it a wedding cake, wedding rings, bouquets, and a cake topper. My comment to my dad when I saw him….SURELY you brought another tie to wear to the dinner. He response….Ummmm No. My next comment. You need to go into a shop somewhere and find another tie. And where, WHERE could you possibly get that thing from???? Turns out, he got it from my step-mother’s brother who is also a minister. Honestly, I have nothing else to say at this point.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/jonettea/wedding%20rehearsal/DSC00387.jpg

I didn’t have a bow bouquet, but I had my Hefflump. Leif and I will tell each other that “Hefflump!” as a way to tell each other “I love you!” He will also tell me loves me like a Hefflump would. I like that a lot. It is funny, b/c the infatuation with Lumpy happened before we realized it was a kid voice…oh well.

Me, Leif, and Lumpy as my bouquet.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/jonettea/wedding%20rehearsal/DSC00385.jpg

My stepbrother (who is a minister) conducting the rehearsal. And me going hurry it up, we are running late for dinner and I don’t want to be on Leif’s stepmom’s bad side….

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/jonettea/wedding%20rehearsal/DSC00384.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/jonettea/wedding%20rehearsal/DSC00383.jpg

I probably should have listened more, b/c we made a few mistakes during the vows and recessional. But until I see the video I really won’t care!

After the rehearsal was over, I commandeered my Dad’s vehicle to go and finish the gift bags for everyone in the wedding. Leif went with his sister to Fulton’s and so did everyone else I guess. Now in the car with me was Kallie (my 3 year old niece), Kathy (my stepmother), Dad (obvious connection) and me. I am a mess let me tell you. The last thing I want to do is deal with fallout at the reception. We head back to the Boardwalk and Dad waits with the truck while Kallie, Kathy, and I try and get to the new room. Now I have NEVER been to the new room, and never been the garden suites. I got so confused getting there. It took us about 15 minutes to find it. Of course it seemed like a lifetime. I tore everything open and started assembling gift bags. Kathy helped and Kallie asked where her’s was. This was a chorus I would hear over and over again. Finally, I got all of the jewelry put in bags and the t-shirts for the kids. We got back to the car and there was Dad with a new tie, and guess what…it matches the tie Leif was wearing PERFECTLY. Yep, the same tie. You know, I never did get a picture of the twinkies together. We run out of the door and back to the car. Needless to say we arrived at the reception 20 minutes late. And my stomach was in total knots.

Here are the kids shirt designs.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/jonettea/tshirt%20designs/cindyflower.png

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/jonettea/tshirt%20designs/jrcinderella.png

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/jonettea/tshirt%20designs/belleflowergirl.png

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/jonettea/tshirt%20designs/tinkjrbridesmaid.png

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/jonettea/tshirt%20designs/Flowergirlcindy.png

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/jonettea/tshirt%20designs/starwarsdarth.jpg

The next episode: Late but here…lcet the party begin….Seriously, the glass clinking thing is REALLY getting on my nerves! Can a woman use the BATHROOM in peace????

2angelsinheaven
07-04-2006, 09:02 AM
Oh Jonette, you are so funny. Keep the reports coming. =o)

JJClemson
07-04-2006, 03:29 PM
Jonette, you are hysterical! I am so enjoying this TR. Sorry you were so stressed out, but I have a feeling this story has a happy ending ;)

Tinkerbellz
07-04-2006, 04:05 PM
Jonette,
Girl...It seems as though Murphy's Law was working overtime on you, but judging from the photos, your day was stunning. I've said this before, you made a gorgeous bride. Leif is lucky to have a woman as strong as you are...many women I know would have melted from all the stress...you, on the other hand, rose above it and outshone all the others.

Can't wait to read more! :grouphug:

JonetteA
07-04-2006, 09:45 PM
Angellady, The Charmed One, Cryssi, Laura, Dave, Darlene, Caroline, Jen, and everyone else! Thanks for all of the wonderful thoughts and I am glad that everyone is enjoying the TR. There were bumps along the road, but Jen you are right there is a happy ending.

Chrissiereiss - I loved the ducks to. Believe it or not it was a gift with purchase from Disney! Purchase of an EPCOT wedding. Honestly, I don't remember those ducks being there at all.

Tinkerbellz - I am from Lousisiana too.

NeverlandClub23
07-05-2006, 10:17 AM
:wizard: subscribing :wizard:

Loving the TR!!! You're such a great writer! Can't wait for more!! :banana:

calanniebu
07-05-2006, 12:15 PM
LOVE the report, LOVE the pics, LOVE everything! :-)

PrincessMo
07-05-2006, 12:29 PM
I love your pictures Jonette!! The monorail ones are awesome. You looked gorgeous!

Have A Magical Day!

PrincessMo
07-05-2006, 12:42 PM
Nice cake too........that looks oddly familar.....LOL!

Have A Magical Day!

JonetteA
07-05-2006, 05:01 PM
See, I told you we had alot in common!

Tinkerbellz
07-05-2006, 10:58 PM
Tinkerbellz - I am from Lousisiana too.

I know, there are a lot of us from Louisiana here on the DIS. Of course, there's just plain a lot of us on the DIS :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl:

I love the special shirts you made for the wedding party kids. I won't have any children in my VR, but it gives me a great idea for the nutheads in my wedding party!

Looking forward to the next segment of As the Wedding Turns! No, really I feel terrible for all the roadblocks that kept trying to rain on your parade, but I am loving your light spirit in which you tell it. :love:

mindystar
07-05-2006, 11:15 PM
I agree that the shirts were a great idea--I like that they were each different and unique, like each of your kiddies :)

JonetteA
07-05-2006, 11:48 PM
Looking forward to the next segment of As the Wedding Turns!

You hit it right on the head....It is As the Wedding Turns. And the sad part is that you guys are getting the glossed over version.

ZPT1022
07-08-2006, 11:36 PM
Can't wait to read more! From the pictures it looks like a fabulous day. I LOVE the ducks- that is the kind of thing you couldn't duplicate if you tried! :)

FSUDisneyGirl
07-09-2006, 01:26 AM
ooo more please! you have a fun way of writing that is quite entertaining...and it's great that you can look back and laugh at stressful situations!

can't wait to read about the wedding day! :teeth:

churchlady
07-09-2006, 08:12 AM
Subscribing! Thanks for the great report :thumbsup2

JonetteA
11-14-2006, 12:08 AM
Late but here…let the party begin….Seriously, the glass clinking thing is REALLY getting on my nerves! Can a woman use the BATHROOM in peace????

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/jonettea/reh%20dinner/JL00225-18-06.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/jonettea/reh%20dinner/JL00275-18-06.jpg

Pictures of before I got there!

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/jonettea/reh%20dinner/JL00295-18-06.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/jonettea/reh%20dinner/JL00195-18-06.jpg

Finally made it to the Rehearsal dinner and everyone is there. It was great to see everyone.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/jonettea/reh%20dinner/JL00875-18-06.jpg

My future-in-laws had hired a harpist and a flutist for the evening and Randy was there taking pictures. It was so nice to see him, knowing that tomorrow quite early I would spend even more time with him.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/jonettea/reh%20dinner/JL00395-18-06.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/jonettea/reh%20dinner/JL00355-18-06.jpg

The kids even had a craft table!

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/jonettea/reh%20dinner/JL01105-18-06.jpg

Here is a picture of the centerpieces.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/jonettea/reh%20dinner/JL00325-18-06.jpg

These were great in the fact that we reused some of the flowers several times. No one ever noticed. The candles were great in theory but not in practice. These were the candles that caused all kinds of drama between my future step-mother-in-law and Disney. Needless to say my Dad had them the whole time so they would not melt.

Fulton’s did not want to light these candles because it would get wax on the tablecloths. My future – step-mother-in-law made sure that they were lit at her table. In fact, at one table the candles started to fall apart and hit my dad in the head. Needless to say the candles were gone for the reception.

Right before the dinner Leif’s dad decided it would be fun to play the age old game “If you move too far from your intended, we are going to clink on those glasses and you had better rush back in order to kiss your bride/groom!” This was fine for about an hour, at some point it gets REALLY annoying. Especially when you finally have to go to the bathroom.

When I arrived there were cold and hot appetizers being served, and a soda and water bar out on the deck. Not many people were hanging out on the deck because it was so windy. The crab cakes were a big hit. I did not get to eat anything, and I really was not that hungry. All of the rushing around was not very relaxing to say the least.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/jonettea/reh%20dinner/JL00965-18-06.jpg

Leif, my dad, and Leif’s dad gave speeches at the dinner.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/jonettea/reh%20dinner/JL01265-18-06.jpg

Leif expressed how happy we were that everyone was here for our wedding even though Walt Disney World is the Happiest Place on Earth, it was not the closest for a lot of our guests. This is true since we had family as far away as Vancouver come to the wedding. Leif also told the story of how we met. Sept 30th 2004 at the first Bush / Kerry debate. Little did we realize how politics would bring us together.

My dad told embarrassing stories as usual. Apparently in six months I have blocked it out. Woo hoo, that should cut down on my therapy bills. Quite honestly, I don’t remember much at all at what was said. I was slightly hungry and there were still miles to go before I slept.

Let’s be honest. You guys are wondering what we had to eat.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/jonettea/reh%20dinner/JL00075-18-06.jpg

What’s for dinner!

Soup

Fulton’s New England Clam Chowder
A Fulton’s Signature. New England style, rich white clam chowder – loaded with clams.

Fulton’s bread served warm with whipped butter.

Entrees (choices of the evening)

Garlic Chicken
Charcoal grilled breast of chicken served with wild mushroom demi glace, seasonal vegetables and Fulton’s rice

Gulf Shrimp
Charcoal grilled marinated gulf shrimp, served with white wine butter sauce, asparagus and Fulton’s rice.

Ribeye
Charcoal grilled ribeye steak served with demi glace, seasonal vegetables and garlic whipped potatoes.

Dessert

Key Lime Tart
A cookie crust filled with a not too tart, not too sweet Key lime custard topped with fresh whipping cream.

Sorry, all you get is the menu. I don’t think that anyone took pictures of the food. Leif had the chicken and I had the shrimp. I remember that the shrimp were very tasty!!

The event was winding down and I finally left to go back to the hotel. My dad and Kathy dropped me off. At this point I headed straight for the concierge lounge and grabbed two big glasses of Grand Mariner. One for me and one for Lisa F. I also brought back a plate with some cookies, fruit and a few diet cokes. They were so sweet, that they gave me a tray.

Lisa F. is a friend from Louisiana that I met on the Dis. I was so lucky to have met her. She is a wonderful person and a great confidant. It was about 10 pm when Lisa F. showed up. It was great to see her and finally get to catch up. We talked about the day and what had been going on and what was in store for tomorrow the big day. I finally took a bath at about 1 am. (The bathtubs in the garden suites are about as big as a double bed. Sorry, I don’t have a picture of that either!) I didn’t sleep well that night but was up early to take one more shower before Lisa Pena arrived at 5 am.

Next episode: “Sleep….sleep is for wussies, or when you are married!”

Summer-Caitlin
11-14-2006, 09:13 AM
What a wonderful trip report so far, looking forward to the next instalment. Your pictures are beautiful!

JonetteA
11-14-2006, 09:19 AM
Thanks Summer-Caitlin...Most pictures are courtsey of Randy Chapman. I can't say enough good things about him!

JennyandMike03
11-14-2006, 10:21 AM
I'm loving the trip report & can't wait to hear more. Your pictures are absolutely lovely!

happylalagirl
11-14-2006, 11:03 AM
JonetteA - as always a wonderful TR!! Can't wait to hear about your wedding day!!! :Pinkbounc

luvsmickey
11-14-2006, 01:49 PM
Wow! I'm loving your trip report! This is probably the best one I've read. Sorry about all the drama, but it's making a great story!!! ;) Can't wait to read more! :sunny:

lurkyloo
11-14-2006, 06:20 PM
Oooh! Can we have a quick recap of how you met at the first Bush/Kerry debate? I love "how we met" stories, and yours sounds unique! :)

nicolita3
11-14-2006, 09:43 PM
you had such a beautiful wedding!

Moonpie
11-14-2006, 10:26 PM
You've done a great job on your wedding report! I can't wait to read more! And you looked beautiful in your wedding gown! :bride:

Fantasia Sam
11-16-2006, 05:48 AM
::thud:: woo-hoo Jonette you're adding to the report yayyyyy

I wish I could have heard Leif's speech - he's so eloquent with his words and such a sweetie as well.

Fultons did you proud babe!!

JonetteA
11-16-2006, 08:58 AM
I can't believe that everyone has just dropped over in shock. I am working on more, just need to upload all of the Randy pictures.

kmab00
11-16-2006, 10:57 AM
I just love it! Your pictures by Randy were SO GOOD!!! He captured some awesome memories!! :)

briar*rose
12-14-2006, 01:34 PM
Subscribing!

I'm enjoying your wedding TR alot!!

One question though...I see alot of Randy's photo's here on the DIS....could someone tell me, is he a "Disney Photographer" or is he an outside photographer??

JonetteA
12-14-2006, 01:42 PM
Randy is an outside photographer. You can reach him at chapmanphotography.com or by email at info@chapmanphotography.com.

StephSFL
12-14-2006, 02:28 PM
This is a great DFTW report! Thank you for posting! I have seen your responses to other threads with your gorgous wedding picture- now it is great to hear the story behind it!
Thanks again! :wave2:

LuckDragon
12-16-2006, 02:56 PM
I am so excited for you! As a new subscriber, I can't wait to read every single message on this board AND more of your trip report! Who says you need sleep? Didn't you say sleep is for wussies? (Or maybe for people planning a DFTW)? :)

Tinkerbell's Mom
12-21-2006, 12:37 PM
I'm dying in anticipation of the rest of your report, I can't wait to hear how the big day went!!!!!!!

JonetteA
12-21-2006, 01:24 PM
I am glad that everyone is enjoying the slow to come recaps. The computer that I had most of my recaps on just blew a hard drive. I lost some items and I am trying to rebuild it. Stick with me I promise it gets better!!!!

AuroraBorealis
02-10-2007, 02:34 AM
Any updates? :) I'd love to hear how it all turned out!

PrettyInTink
02-19-2007, 06:03 PM
subscribing......

buf68
02-19-2007, 07:02 PM
i wanna know the end!!! lol

JonetteA
02-19-2007, 09:57 PM
Well it ends happily ever after, but I guess I could start working on more details! I will try to have something for everyone later this week.

PrettyInTink
03-03-2007, 11:23 AM
Great TR! More! More!

DisneyFairy19
03-03-2007, 11:02 PM
Jonette I love your TR and thanks for posting all the vendors you chose.. It has been helping me out with who to choose. Your pics are great and you are a beautiful bride...

TheSawas
04-04-2007, 10:29 AM
I love you wedding honesty. Sure you could say the wedding was great . . . but the reality is that anything that can go wrong does go wrong. Thank you for reminding me. :thumbsup2

My sister's wedding is 10-20-07 and my wedding is 1-5-08. She has more things booked solid but I have more tasks complete. The booking can be done easily over the phone (not to mention DFTW does it all for you) and I just worry for her so much. I am always thinking about "what can I do now" and getting it done ASAP so I won't have too much stress near wedding day. Thanks for your advice.

I adore your sense of humor! :lmao:

Subscribing!

Jenny

silverangel879
04-04-2007, 04:48 PM
Subscribing...:goodvibes

disneyfav4ever
05-01-2007, 05:41 PM
Your TR is great!

TexasCourt
05-01-2007, 05:47 PM
Enjoying your TR....I want more!;)

2angelsinheaven
07-14-2007, 11:45 PM
Hey Girl, I just came back to read this and noticed the end is missing.... and you've already had your 1st anniversary. Gonna finish it? =o) I sent you a PM btw.

KC's Princess
08-21-2007, 08:05 PM
I'd love to read more too! I just found the boards a few weeks ago, and my DFW is in a little over a month. I feel like I don't have enough time to read up on everything! I'd love to hear about the actual wedding.

armychap
08-27-2007, 08:14 PM
Looking forward to reading more...

JonetteA
08-27-2007, 08:51 PM
I readily admit I am a huge slacker and that I need to get with this. I will try and work on something for this weekend!

hmgolden
08-27-2007, 09:34 PM
I'm gonna hold you to that ;)

mystiichell
06-13-2008, 12:18 AM
I'm loving your trip report so far:goodvibes

When do we get to the "Happily Ever After" portion.....

Mermaid_Ariel
06-13-2008, 01:12 PM
Ooooh!!! Just found this and read it ALL! Where's the rest?!? :rotfl:

Goldeelox9
07-09-2008, 04:00 PM
What??? No wedding???? I read all the pages and poof! It was over!

Lindsay22
07-09-2008, 04:25 PM
Uh Yeah Jonette. Can you please finish?
:surfweb: :rolleyes1 (we need a tapping foot looking at watch smiley)

LuluLovesDisney
07-28-2008, 10:28 AM
Jonette, we want to see the big day! :)

princesswendy720
09-22-2008, 08:26 PM
I agree! I want to see your reception pictures...I can't find pictures of receptions at the CL anywhere!

LuluLovesDisney
10-25-2008, 12:17 PM
I know, it would help so much to see pictures of the CG set up for a wedding. That is what I am interested in as well.

Maybe Jonette will post a few pics of her reception for us?

goodmorningirl
11-11-2008, 06:17 PM
I saw in a different post of yours that you had Gus Gus in your bouquet? Could you please tell me what this was and where I could find it? I love Gus Gus! TIA :)