PDA

View Full Version : Alpharooms

caskar
06-13-2006, 07:06 PM
Has anyone ever used alpharooms.com to book a room at a hotel near Disney?

spiceycat
06-14-2006, 10:11 AM
no

but I have used
www.hotelkingdom.com
www.hotelmartusa.com
www.expedia.com

for bids
www.skyauction.com
www.priceline.com
www.bidshares.com

rent from owners
www.vrbo.com
www.myresortnetwork.com
www.redweek.com
www.tug2.net

rpbert1
06-14-2006, 04:49 PM
i think they are a UK company ,and there are plenty who have booked rooms in european destinations with them.
i am considering next years holiday , and if i can get flights at a decent price will be booking hotel with them as prices are quite good.
not so sure about disney hotels when i lokked i thought they where similar in price if not cheaper booking on the disney site

kilee
06-14-2006, 07:29 PM
I have never heard of them. If you do use them, let us know how it goes.

caskar
06-14-2006, 08:39 PM
Thanks for the replies. I am worried because I have never used their site to book a room but found a really good price on an off site hotel. On the voucher, that they email to you, there is a warning at the top of the page: If you have any difficulties on arrival in resort it is esential you ring your local agent on the following number....

Do I have a room reserved and paid for or not? What would be the problem?
Thanks again

wayneg
06-15-2006, 04:01 PM
Hi, I live about 20 miles from where this company is based in Sheffield. I am 99% sure I will use them for a hotel in Anaheim for October.
They employ around 40 staff and just in the process of moving to larger premises. They have a 24 hour customer service centre here in the UK.
They provide phone numbers, fax and full address.
I would have no hesitation booking with them.

caskar
06-15-2006, 04:40 PM
Thanks wayneg. At least I know there are real people there to help if... ? I will call the hotel next week as our reservation is for Saturday June 25. :sunny:

caskar
06-19-2006, 03:36 PM
I called the hotel today, Country Inn and Suites LBV. They have me in the system and room is prepaid. So... I should be good to go. Alpharooms had the lowest price by far. I'll report on the check in as soon as I am able.

wayneg
06-20-2006, 12:17 PM
I am 99% sure I will use them for a hotel in Anaheim for October.

I have now booked with them staying at the Howard Johnson 10 mins walk to Disneyland. $68 incl tax/night. Everywhere else was $100+
Wayne

kilee
06-20-2006, 04:39 PM
I'm glad you were able to double check and verify your reservation. Looks like everything should go smoothly then. :)

caskar
06-24-2006, 09:02 PM
I checked in today at Country Inn & Suites - no problem! Nice hotel for the price, under $50 tax included, mile from Downtown Disney, free internet, and breakfast provided in the morning. Good job Alpharooms.com! Tomorrow I check in at Beach Club Villas and at $10 a day for the internet I won't be on for a while.

Thanks to all.:thumbsup2