PDA

View Full Version : Pool waterslide at any DTD hotels?

tlynk
06-12-2006, 05:47 PM
Do any of the hotels in DTD have a pool waterslide?? If not, do any other hotels close by (that offer similar transportation to the WDW parks) have one?? I promised my younger DD a hotel with a waterslide. We are hoping to for a good discount to stay onsite, but just in case we can't I want to have a back-up hotel.

spiceycat
06-12-2006, 05:50 PM
the sheraton Safaris - not in DD but not too far.

I think it has shuttles. but these would only be a few times a day.

WDW has the best transportation, then DD, then other places.

when are you going?

you might consider renting a reservation from a DVC member.

littlestar
06-13-2006, 07:27 AM
I second what Spiceycat said. All the DVC (Disney Vacation Club) resorts have pools with slides. Old Key West would be the cheapest to rent points at and they have a new Sand Castle themed slide:

http://www.allearsnet.com/acc/okw58.jpg

tlynk
06-13-2006, 11:01 AM
Thanks! I have been looking into renting points for awhile, but I'm a little skeptical to pay someone I don't know, and then get to WDW and not have a room??? With that said, a DVC would definately be the way to go. :)

spiceycat
06-13-2006, 11:06 AM
Thanks! I have been looking into renting points for awhile, but I'm a little skeptical to pay someone I don't know, and then get to WDW and not have a room??? With that said, a DVC would definately be the way to go. :)

there has only been one case here and then the person lost his membership because he couldn't pay for DVC. (a big hint the going rate is $10 - he was offering them for $5).....

so I won't be to worried here. the dis is big enough for people to complaint about being taken - so far no reports (than the one above)

try to find someone with more than a few posts. so being disbanded from the dis would hurt them....

some of us are very addicted to the dis.... :grouphug: :dance3: :disrocks: