PDA

View Full Version : Regal Palms Resort?

chip91
06-12-2006, 02:37 PM
Anyone familiar with this resort? I have friends who have asked me to help them with suggestions for an Orlando vacation, anyway they don't nec. want to stay onsite and said they would prefer private condo/villa/home type setting..

I came up with this link: http://www.floridadreamvillas.net
and they have fairly reasonable price on what they said is a new townhome.

Anyone know how far this is away from WDW property?
Thanks,
Chip

kilee
06-12-2006, 02:49 PM
Regal Palms is a newer development about 1-2 yrs old now. It is located in Davenport-- which is about a solid 15-20 minute drive to the parks. We've stayed in Davenport (not Regal Palms though) and didn't find the drive to be too bad. However, there are many that defintely don't wanna make the drive. We do find that the prices in the Davenport developments are usually a good 25-50% cheaper than let's say Windsor Hills or Emerald Island for example.

Now the Regal Palms does look really nice. They even have a lazy river. I'd do a little comparison shopping though. You're likely to find rental properties for there, as well as other developments on sites like www.vrbo.com and www.onlinefloridavillas.com to name a few.

JANNYANS
06-12-2006, 03:21 PM
RP is about 2 miles south of 192 clsoe to a publix supermarket and new strip mall they have there .It is handy for WalMart just north and has good access via Sherberth Road to the parks area.

shellbelle1971
06-13-2006, 10:51 PM
We stayed at the Regal Palms last October.
Plusses:
Our unit was fine--brand new furnishings, clean, etc.
The pool was amazing, with a great waterslide and lazy river.
It was really, really cheap to stay there.

Minuses:
Many items you would expect to be provided were not. (Toilet paper, garbage bags, cleaning supplies, cookie sheet, casserole dish, etc.)
Other resort "guests" were not from the same--how do I say this without sounding snobby?--socio-economic group? that we're used to. So we witnessed lots drunkenness, profanity, vulgar public display of affection, and even one fistfight in the pool area while were there.
The front desk staff were stupid. Nice, but completely incompetent. I have about six examples; here's just one: I went to get pool towels for my kids one day. They were out of towels at the front desk. I asked when they might have more. They didn't know. As I was headed out the door, I realized that there was a huge stack of pool towels at the "toy rental" cabana right around the corner from the front desk. (The cabana was completely open, but nobody was working there.) I asked whether the front desk could distribute those towels. The front desk person said she'd go look and see whether there were any towels there. (They were in plain sight.) She couldn't find them! I picked up a stack of pool towels from the cabana, carried them back to to front desk girl, and asked to check out four of them. She looked at me like I was crazy and asked why I was returning all these towels if I wanted four of them back and why I had gone to the trouble of washing and folding them!! Seriously! This was all the SAME front desk person! All within less than five minutes! I couldn't believe it. I wondered whether maybe I was on some kind of hidden-camera "what will this person do in this insane situation" tv show! :lmao:

shellbelle1971
06-13-2006, 10:55 PM
I forgot to add that the drive was about 15-20 minutes to the WDW parks. I believe there is a shuttle, but I'd be scared to depend on one of this resort's employees. If you're a do-it-yourself type, it's fine.

Hensandchickens
06-14-2006, 01:14 AM
I agree 100% with Michelle. We stayed at Regal Palms Spring Break 2005. The people staying across the street from us we're quite scary. There were a lot of UK people staying there who were super nice. The staff was worthless. You could have died in your unit and no one would notice for weeks. The pool was very nice and everything was new, but they have no customer service. I called the office to ask for the phone number of the pizza place and they had no clue. I'm sure this has changed, but when we were there you could not swim after dark because they didn't have any outside lights. The only outside light was at the office. It was powered by a noisy generator, like along a highway construction site. They had big dumpsters right on the street that were stuffed full and smelled to high heavens. Other than the pool area, the Regal Palms didn't seem like a vacation resort at all, more like an apartment complex.

grammynelliebelle
06-14-2006, 07:54 PM
I agree 100% with Michelle. We stayed at Regal Palms Spring Break 2005. The people staying across the street from us we're quite scary. There were a lot of UK people staying there who were super nice. The staff was worthless. You could have died in your unit and no one would notice for weeks. The pool was very nice and everything was new, but they have no customer service. I called the office to ask for the phone number of the pizza place and they had no clue. I'm sure this has changed, but when we were there you could not swim after dark because they didn't have any outside lights. The only outside light was at the office. It was powered by a noisy generator, like along a highway construction site. They had big dumpsters right on the street that were stuffed full and smelled to high heavens. Other than the pool area, the Regal Palms didn't seem like a vacation resort at all, more like an apartment complex.
Hi Michelle and Hensandchickens, When were you at Regal Palms? Recent stays? I was a little disappointed to hear that some of the other folks staying at the complex weren't "good neighbors". :confused3 Anyone else have that experience. :confused3 We are looking for at least a few weeks stay next winter and have been considering RP. As far as bringing you own things and the towel situation, I'm not concerned about that. I'm not even too concerned about the staff . However, I'd be very upset if there was a rough crowd. Any other experiences good or bad would be appreciated. Thanks!

shellbelle1971
06-15-2006, 10:20 AM
We were there last October.