PDA

View Full Version : What is the "Real" Opening Time of Parks

saronamus
06-12-2006, 01:40 AM
To all you uber-experts out there:-

When they say a park opens at a particular time (say 9am), what time should you be at the park? Do they have a rope drop inside the park? Do they make you wait out front? Does the same advice hold true if it is a Magic Hour Morning (instead of a 9am posted, it really is 8am so get there at???).

I am going with quite a few people and don't want to have them wake up unnecessarily just to wait inline for 20 minutes before the gates open.

Thanks

LauraAnn630
06-12-2006, 07:11 AM
Good questions...I think the earlier you get to t he parkd the better!

Since we are staying off site for the first time. Hows this for a plan?

Should we goto the parks on the days they are having extra evening hours?

Maybe they will be less crowded in the morning because people on-site know they will be open late for them.

Does that sound like a good plan?

Now when have early morning hours for on-site people. The lines will already be long by the time the general public is allowed in...right?

DisneyFan06
06-12-2006, 07:54 AM
I like going at opening because if I dont it doesnt feel the same to me. LOL ;) I know, I am a freak.

Cheshire_cat
06-12-2006, 02:32 PM
We just got back from Disney yesterday - and I would say get there a 1/2 hour before opening. Since all bags are checked, it is good to get through that line before there is a long line. At the Magic Kingdom, we got there at 8:20, got our bags checked and were allowed to go through the ticket checker at 8:30 , if I remember correctly. Then they had a rope to keep people from going through the tunnel into Main Street. At 8:55-ish, the train came down the tracks w/ Mickey and friends and they sang a song and opened the park right at 9.

At Epcot, we were also let into the park a little before 9, but there was a rope drop past Spaceship Earth at 9.

We did great on the morning that there was an extra magic evening - we saw most of the MK before noon.

Hope this helps!

elaine and the boys
06-12-2006, 07:41 PM
Definitely get there at least 1/2 hour early. You won't be sorry, especially during the busy seasons. We joke about the phrase "rope drop" even now...and it's been almost 6 months since our last trip! During the holidays, our "rope drop" was 7:00 am some mornings, but definitely worth getting up early.