PDA

View Full Version : Orlando Vacation Homes- trasportation question

MommyBryn
06-11-2006, 04:32 PM
I'm referring to THESE (http://www.orlandovacation.com/reservation/affiliates/orlandovacation/hotel_results.cfm?aid=594509) vacation homes. Does anyone know if they have any form of transportation to WDW and/or Universal? Or if there is a bus system that is very near them or anything?

minnie29uk
06-12-2006, 06:58 AM
It is Maingate transportation.It is a shuttle and has several stops on its way to journey.They are complimentary on these resorts,so you dont need to book.But do you run the risk of the shuttle being full if you are not on the first few stops.But only saw this happen a couple of times.
The first stop,Glenbrook,is the only one where you have to book.

Hope this helps,
Lynn

Brian Noble
06-12-2006, 09:02 AM
Are you adamantly opposed to a rental car? I suspect it will be much more convenient to travel on your schedule rather than theirs. My uncle owns in glenbrook, and he recommended that we have a car rather than depend on the shuttle, but I'm not sure if that's based on his personal experience, or just hearsay.

MommyBryn
06-12-2006, 10:25 AM
Are you adamantly opposed to a rental car? I suspect it will be much more convenient to travel on your schedule rather than theirs. My uncle owns in glenbrook, and he recommended that we have a car rather than depend on the shuttle, but I'm not sure if that's based on his personal experience, or just hearsay.

We are renting a car. The reason I ask about alternate transportation is because of the possibility that some in our family (we'll have 6 adults and a child) may want to come home once during the day or earlier than the rest of us. So I needed to see if there was a way that might work out. :)

minnie29uk
06-13-2006, 07:07 AM

Whose your Uncle Brian?Is it Jack...about the only US owner I know at Glenbrook

Regards,
Lynn

Brian Noble
06-13-2006, 12:09 PM
Nope. His name is Doug. And he might not be there anymore; I know he was thinking about selling recently. I haven't checked with him about it lately, because we've decided we like staying closer, even *with* the family discount.