PDA

View Full Version : Disney birthday tips, any suggestions?

marconat
06-10-2006, 10:11 PM
Hi! I'm going to WDW in January, and I will be celebrating my girl's 7th birthday, I know all about the Character meals and will be booking a diner at the Crystal Palace... but does anyone have some other tips or well kept secrets that would be useful to make our week there special... it's going to be a week long celebration. ha! ha!

:maleficen

Mickey1122
06-11-2006, 06:30 AM
We always order surprise cakes from a bakery on property to be delivered during dinner.

Heva2015
06-11-2006, 03:10 PM
If you go to MK to guest services they have a phone and they call up Goofy who wishes them a Happy Birthday. (It is a recorded message but still cute!) They give you a button that says that it is your birthday and all the cm wish you Happy Birthday. I did this for my 21st!!!

marconat
06-11-2006, 07:00 PM
Thank you for the tips. I will go to guest services for a birthday button. Does anyone know if you can get special places to view the parades in MK... I've read on a site that you can get a diner package that include special seats for shows and parade... The only one that I know of is the Fantasmic show...

tiggtail
06-11-2006, 09:44 PM
I have a DG turning 7 on January 7th and wanted to know the same thing. One thing we are doing which I hope won't be too much of a hassle is that we went through Oriental Trading Co and ordered "magic wands", tiara's, pretty hair pieces and will be going to Bibbidi Bobbidy to complete the look. I guess I was wondering how much is too much and what are a couple of really good suggestions. I love the cake suggestion...do you just call any bakery that is in the park you are having a meal at? Didn't know that could be done and is there a delivery charge and of course a tip involved (for good planning). I think we will wait on opening gifts until we get back to the room to save on space while we are in the park.. makes the birthday stretch a bit longer as well. Also, if anyone is reading this that can help, my DH is turning 50 on Dec. 30th. So, not sure how to make it a nice birthday for him. Any suggestions?

mom2of2
06-12-2006, 06:49 AM
there are a couple of different options as well. You can have a personalized basket done from either www.peggyssweetsandmore.com or www.giftsofalifetime.com GOAL also does room decorating as well as personalized scavenger hunt/events

silverspark7
06-12-2006, 10:36 AM
Yeah, definitely have you daughter wear an "It's My Birthday" button. As a matter of fact, have her wear it the whole time you're on your trip! Different cast members will tell her happy birthday, and they'll bring out cupcakes and cakes and stuff everytime you have a meal. We did that when I was in Disney for my 16th birthday. It was great! I felt so special....

I got the Goofy phone call as well...it was way cool!

Happy early birthday to your little girl!

babywewe
06-12-2006, 11:03 AM
You must do either hoo dee doo review or whispering cayon cafe ! Tell them its a birthday!

marconat
06-13-2006, 08:22 PM
Yes I want to go to Whispering Canyon, so it's ok to celebrate all week long! ha!

marconat
06-13-2006, 08:26 PM
I have a DG turning 7 on January 7th and wanted to know the same thing. One thing we are doing which I hope won't be too much of a hassle is that we went through Oriental Trading Co and ordered "magic wands", tiara's, pretty hair pieces and will be going to Bibbidi Bobbidy to complete the look. I guess I was wondering how much is too much and what are a couple of really good suggestions. I love the cake suggestion...do you just call any bakery that is in the park you are having a meal at? Didn't know that could be done and is there a delivery charge and of course a tip involved (for good planning). I think we will wait on opening gifts until we get back to the room to save on space while we are in the park.. makes the birthday stretch a bit longer as well. Also, if anyone is reading this that can help, my DH is turning 50 on Dec. 30th. So, not sure how to make it a nice birthday for him. Any suggestions?

How cool is this, my daughter is turning 7 on the 10th... and we will be there on that date, I want to have diner at Crystal Palace on that day, I've read that when you tell them it's someone's birthday, they decorate the table and the characters bring out a birthday card, so that would be nice.

marconat
06-13-2006, 08:35 PM
there are a couple of different options as well. You can have a personalized basket done from either www.peggyssweetsandmore.com or www.giftsofalifetime.com GOAL also does room decorating as well as personalized scavenger hunt/events

What wonderful sites, thank's a million.. I will get one of them done for sure, but I will also get one for her brother, so there's no jalousy, maybe put, best brother in WDW ha! ha! :thumbsup2

marconat
06-19-2006, 08:55 PM
Hey guys, keep them coming.... great ideas!! any more? :cheer2:

Violets by da Marina
06-19-2006, 09:10 PM
My daughter's 10th birthday is this friday. She knows we're going to da park, but doesn't know I have a breakfast with the princesses. She's gonna freak!!! We're gonna have a little breakfast party there and then we'll see what the rest of the day holds... So i'll come back and let you kow what all happens. They've told me I could order a cake, but for breakfast? Oh no... I'm so excited, we're leaving thursday already!!!
WWWWOOOOOOWWWWWW!!!!!!
:Pinkbounc :banana: :cheer2: :banana: :Pinkbounc :banana: :cheer2: :banana: :Pinkbounc

connie1042
06-19-2006, 10:12 PM
We will be in WDW on the 6th and 7th of Dec. The 7th for the VMCP. My daughters BD is on the 2nd. of Dec. Can we still celebrate with the button and stuff, or does it have to be the exact date.

olbear
06-19-2006, 10:13 PM
I did this for my birthday last year, I'm 47!! I found the idea here on the DIS.

Buy yourself an autograph book, one that has a place for the autograph and a picture. I found one that was perfect at WDW last year and it came with a pen. Have not just characters, but special CM's you meet, and servers and such, autograph the page, and then have your picture done with them. This was such a wonderful keepsake. And lots of fun as well!

Blessings,
Winnie

marconat
06-20-2006, 08:40 AM
Violets, let me know how it went with the princesses :sunny:
Olbear, that's a great idea to have the special cm sign her book, that gives me the idea to do it in Epcot and Animal kingdom, that's going to be fun to have the different parts of the world... :thumbsup2 And if I'm right I don't think you have to get the birthday button on your exact birth date... because I want to get one from each park and I'm not doing all the parks on the same date ha! ha!

tldrn93
06-24-2006, 11:06 AM
We were there last week for my DH's 48th birthday. I let them know at the front desk and on his birthday they delivered a b-day card from Mickey with several balloons and snuck them in the room while we were out. I also stopped by the conceierge (?) and set up a goofy b-day wake-up call, and ordered a cake for breakfast (hey....we were at disney). They delivered it and set it up with a tablecloth and plates etc....It worked out perfect because they came while he was in the shower. He also had a button, and you wouldn't believe the number of people that wished him a happy b-day, especially the characters in the parade at MK. It was a really fun day!

tldrn93
06-24-2006, 11:08 AM
Oh, we also did the Mickey tour at MK that morning. It was very cool to be in the park before opening. Made for some great photo-ops. You also receive a special surprise at the end!!!

marconat
06-24-2006, 12:00 PM
Wow, that birthday button seems to really attrack attention, funny I never saw one, is it big? The surprise cake at the room is really good too. thank you for all the great ideas, I'm putting them all in my little disney book (handmade one) ha! ha! I'm so glad that I got lots of ideas.

marconat
06-26-2006, 11:19 PM
anybody has a picture of that birthday button?

marconat
07-02-2006, 01:19 PM
bump :cool1:

CinderBelle
07-02-2006, 08:16 PM
We went to Disney last July for my son's 7th birthday... I got some good tips on this board too! We had a shirt made for him that said "It's My Birthday" on it and I cannot even begin to explain the attention he got all day from characters and CM's! They sang Happy Birthday to him everywhere! We did a character breakfast @ Chef Mickey's and I called the restaurant directly before our trip and ordered a cake. We also let them know at check-in that he was celebrating a b-day and we came back to find a birthday card from mickey and balloons! DS was very excited!

I also got a great tip that he absolutely loved...before we left I picked up a few cards at a local store that were Disney themed and signed them from the different characters and left them in the room for him throughout the day. The card w/ Buzz on it was signed from Buzz himself etc. He absolutely loved it! He even thanked some of the characters when we saw them later in the park! Anything to make his day special! I hope this helps!

marconat
07-02-2006, 10:08 PM
I was thinking about making her a dress or ensemble with Birthday girl on it... but I thought maybe it would be too much, but if you did it and had great interaction... I will do it too.... Thank's and the birthday cards are a great idea.

lexncmom
07-02-2006, 10:56 PM
We celebrated my daughter's 5th birthday at WDW in Jan 2006. At Epcot we purchased a World Showcase Passport. We asked a Cast Member in each country to write "Happy Birthday" in their language on the Passport.

marconat
07-03-2006, 02:14 PM
does anyone know how to get special seating for parades, I read that someone got a special place to view the parade on her birthday. Or how can we get noticed... :confused3

Dizneydaz
07-04-2006, 12:43 AM
I also got a great tip that he absolutely loved...before we left I picked up a few cards at a local store that were Disney themed and signed them from the different characters and left them in the room for him throughout the day. The card w/ Buzz on it was signed from Buzz himself etc. He absolutely loved it! He even thanked some of the characters when we saw them later in the park! Anything to make his day special! I hope this helps!

I did something similar for my DD a couple years ago (when she turned 5) We were there about a week before her birthday and I bought Disney themed cards at Walmart before we left. I was able to have the appropriate characters (especially princess' Jasmine and Ariel) sign the cards for her. Then I mailed them to our house on the last day. She loved :lovestruc getting them. Last year we were there on her birthday and she wore her birthday button for a few days. She had her birthday lunch with the princesses in Norway. This year she's having her 7th birthday on our last day. We're having her brithday breakfast at Park Faire and then we'll be going home. She'll be able to celebrate her day on 2 coasts and due to the time change, she'll get an extra 3 hours!

This year I plan on having characters sign cards again and I'll leave them in our room on the last day.

Just a note-last year we actually celebrated 2 birthdays on the same trip. My DD and my mom's. Even though I mentioned it when making our resort reservations (POFQ), also mentioned it in my room request fax 4 days before, and mentioned it again upon check-in. the only thing that was done special was upon check-in they gave my DD a "special certificate" for her magical day. I was hoping for, at least, a balloon and a card left in the room for DD day but nothing-I was very disappointed. Also further disappointing was the lack of anything special for my mom's birthday which we celebrated at Cal. Grill. Nothing was done at the restaurant-not even a little confetti on the table. Again, I was disappointed. I learned that if you want something special make sure you ask, or do it yourself. Dont' get me wrong, just being at Disney should be special enough, but I want to make it just a little more special-a little pixie dust! :wizard:

This year, I will make sure that my DD :bday: is even more special. I'll be bringing decorations in my luggage. Last year I used a window marker to write "Happy Birthday" on the room mirror and our rental van. I'll be doing that again. I'm going to decorate the room to the max! I'll plan on having my mom take her to the arcade to play some air hockey (which she loves :lovestruc ) so I can do the room. I'll have to figure out a way to sneak in some balloons too!

Hope your DD has a magical :bday:

(Added-I order a special t-shirt last year from Disney that said something like "I turned 6 at Walt Disney World, September 19, 2005. " She wore that for part of the day and got quite a few happy birthdays. I also ordered my mom one that said "T-shirt $20, Airfare $200, Birthday at Walt Disney World-priceless. It was very funny-she didn't wear it on her day as I ordered it too big-but it makes a great nightshirt!)

marconat
07-04-2006, 09:57 AM
Thank's for the tip, I'll make sure to make my own magic... That's why I'm making my own birthday suits, and I'll have my mom stitch a birthday girl on it... I'm going to have diner at Crystal Palace on her birthday, so I'll buy a card with pooh on it and have the characters sign it... cool idea... :banana: :cool1:

karliebug
07-06-2006, 05:14 PM
I took my DD to the perfectly princess tea party at the grand floridian. It was very expensive but worth it in my opinion. The girls get a tiara and get announced as "princess_______" while being showered with rose petals. They also get an american girl type doll in a sleeping beauty dress and a bracelet. A light lunch is served and there is storytelling, singing and dancing with Aurora. They make special notice of those celebrating birthdays. All the little girls were wearing princess dresses or their Sunday best. It was something special for my DD's 6th birthday and I don't think either of us will ever forget it.

halld6479
07-06-2006, 07:12 PM
I was wondering how you would go about getting the kids as guests in a parade for there b-day>

marconat
07-06-2006, 10:16 PM
I was wondering how you would go about getting the kids as guests in a parade for there b-day

I was also wondering this... ha! But I guess that is the luck of the draw... I think you have to be either at the parade gates at a certain time and they choose their people to be in a parade... but I'm not sure. I was never at the right place at the right time. :confused3

marconat
07-09-2006, 10:00 PM
bump :goodvibes

ObsessedwithWDW
07-12-2006, 01:33 PM

My daughter turns 1 on December 30th doesn't answer your question but I think its fun to see people with the same bday :wave2: Other bday suggestions not sure if they are on here would be to call the hotel your staying at and have them make note that there is a birthday in your party. I guess alot of times the rooms will be decorated and there will be signed pics from the characters upon arrival. Remember each park has birthday pins. OH and biggest thing if you shout it from the roof tops and make it a point to tell EVERYONE there is a birthday I bet you will come home with lots of tips :Pinkbounc

OhioFamily
07-21-2006, 04:05 PM
We are going in Jan to celebrate my DD princess: 7th b-day too!! I decided to start the day by taking her to the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique to get the princess treatment.
They have 3 different packages and can get their hair/nails/makeup done

marconat
07-21-2006, 10:40 PM
We are going in Jan to celebrate my DD princess: 7th b-day too!! I decided to start the day by taking her to the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique to get the princess treatment.
They have 3 different packages and can get their hair/nails/makeup done

When are you going?... I have reservation at Crystal Palace on her birthday, Jan 10th for 5:30 pm... and we will be at Disney from Dec.31 to Jan 14th... can't wait to go... :cool1:

meglovesbelle
07-22-2006, 07:37 AM
We are going the end of September but my DD birthdays in November but this is her Birthday trip, is it wrong to celebrate and get the buttons and cake for her, she will be 3. Also I will have my BIL who has CP and mentally 7 it is his birthday the next week so we are celebrating his too. Is this wrong ??

Great tips btw !!! You guys are all wonderful Disney gurus. :cool1:

marconat
07-22-2006, 09:56 AM
meglovesbelle, From what I read on the this site, it's not wrong to celebrate a birthday early or later... it's a birthday vacation... so why not... have fun.

OhioFamily
07-22-2006, 10:30 AM
When are you going?... I have reservation at Crystal Palace on her birthday, Jan 10th for 5:30 pm... and we will be at Disney from Dec.31 to Jan 14th... can't wait to go... :cool1:

AHH you get two weeks. I'm jealous. I'm trying to talk DH into staying longer than a week. We are looking to stay between Jan8th to Jan 17th.
DD princess: b-day is on the 14th. Maybe we'll see you there.

-Heavens-Gliss-
07-22-2006, 11:00 AM
Well last year I went to I think Crystal Palace...I forget names easily (we went inside the castle to eat) for my nieces birthday since she loved the princeses. She had a great time eating there. Also, you can go to your resort front desk and tell them of the special occasion and they will send you a card with attached ballons. You will find it soon in your resort room. :thumbsup2

marconat
07-22-2006, 11:27 PM
AHH you get two weeks. I'm jealous. I'm trying to talk DH into staying longer than a week. We are looking to stay between Jan8th to Jan 17th.
DD princess: b-day is on the 14th. Maybe we'll see you there.

We are going all out this year... I can't go very often, so this year we said let's make it a good one... who knows when I'll be back? So we will be going to Universal Studios for 2 days and Discovery Cove (1) and Sea World(1), the rest will be spent at Disney. :woohoo:

marconat
07-22-2006, 11:31 PM
OhioFamily
Where are you staying? We are staying at OKW for the first week and then we don't know where we'll end up ha! ha! We are hoping WL, but if not we might end up at OKW again for the second week... I really don't care where we end up... as long as it's Disney ha!

OhioFamily
07-23-2006, 10:18 AM
OhioFamily
Where are you staying? We are staying at OKW for the first week and then we don't know where we'll end up ha! ha! We are hoping WL, but if not we might end up at OKW again for the second week... I really don't care where we end up... as long as it's Disney ha!

We haven't finalized any plans for where we're staying. I would like WL. DH likes Poly. Who knows, we may just split it up between the two. We've never stayed on site before. Last time we rented a pool home. It was really nice but I want the whole Disney experience this time. :sunny:

marconat
07-23-2006, 03:41 PM
OhioFamily, whatever you choose it will be wonderful... on our first trip in 2003, we stayed off site... in 2004 we stayed at OKW (my sister has Club Intrawest time-shares) so this time we wanted to split the stay and have the first week at OKW and the second at WL... but there's a blockage at Intrawest and we have to wait to book the second part... so I don't know where we'll end up... I'm so nervous :confused3 ... but we will celebrate my daughter with breakfast at 1900 Park Fare with Alice at 9:00 am on the 9th and diner at Crystal Palace on the 10th at 5:30 pm. I will get the birthday button and she will wear a special dress. I will buy birthday cards with the characters on it and get them to sign them... I hope we will have a blast. I also want to eat at WC, if we get a room there ha! ha! maybe we'll cross path sometime in our trip.. that would be cool.

marconat
07-23-2006, 06:10 PM
I want to thank all of you for your wonderful ideas... if you have any more please keep em coming...

misse77
07-23-2006, 07:37 PM
I ordered a Mickey Surprise cake from the disney florist with happ birthday balloons, which will be delivered to the hotel, at check-in. I also ordered a personnalized mickey birthday call for my son.

QUOTE=marconat]Hi! I'm going to WDW in January, and I will be celebrating my girl's 7th birthday, I know all about the Character meals and will be booking a diner at the Crystal Palace... but does anyone have some other tips or well kept secrets that would be useful to make our week there special... it's going to be a week long celebration. ha! ha!

:maleficen[/QUOTE]

marconat
07-24-2006, 11:26 AM
I will call and order some balloons for my daughter... sounds great. :cool1: