PDA

View Full Version : Need some help...

mbb
06-09-2006, 12:10 PM
with our vacation-that-I'm-not-supposed-to-be-planning, but-I-am-because-when-we-do-decide-to-go, ie, after the first snowfall, DH-will-say-book-it!! vacation!!

:teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

Usually, we're all booked and ready to go 10 months ahead of time, so this is really late for me to be planning...for next January;)

We had thought about Christmas, but work commitments just won't allow for it, so, *we* "decided" that maybe this year, we'd try an all-inclusive over March break.

Problem is, we have AP's burning a hole in my pocket :smokin: :smokin: , that expire on Feb 5.

And my DH is a wonderful man :love: , that just likes to see his little family happy...and we're happy at WDW!:)

So....

If you're still with me, here's where you come in...which option would you pick??

Dates are a little flexible, but not too much, grandparents are coming, but they're theme-parked out(they're okay with hanging around at the hotel/resort/villa)..we don't mind moving..

A) January 17 arrive
First weekend at WDW, onsite, with dining, pick up car, and head to offsite on Sunday.
Spend the next week at OLCC, Sheraton or Silver Lake, and then the next week at another of those 3. Kids enjoy playing with other kids in pools.
Head for home the weekend our passes expire.

B) Same arrival timeframe, rent villa for 2 weeks, then head to WDW for onsite..then home.

C) Arrive the weekend, check into timeshares for 2 weeks, then onsite for a couple of days, then home..probably Feb 6, or 7th.

Any other suggestions?

We'd prefer not having to check out of a villa, and depart for home the same day.

Too depressing to have to empty the fridge, and clean...only to know you have to leave for home immediately!! LOL!

TIA!

:sunny:

spiceycat
06-09-2006, 12:49 PM
hey I would my WDW in the middle...

but with timeshares that is hard.

I would go to the timeshares first, WDW last.

I am so bad - I take what I want our of the refrigerator and try to remember to throw everything else away - but sometimes I just forget......

do take the sheets off the beds....

mbb
06-09-2006, 09:09 PM
hey I would my WDW in the middle...

but with timeshares that is hard.

I would go to the timeshares first, WDW last.

I am so bad - I take what I want our of the refrigerator and try to remember to throw everything else away - but sometimes I just forget......

do take the sheets off the beds....

Exactly...with the timeshares it's either a Sat/Sun checkin...which is why the villa has worked so well for us in the past...we can usually arrive any day of the week. :thumbsup2

And with DVC, the point cost is soooo high on the weekends, I hate to spend the points!

I should just stick to our tried and true...villa/timeshare rental, then onsite to WDW for a wonderful wrap-up of a wonderful vacation :goodvibes

Ask me how much I love these kinds of fabulous dilemmas??!:teeth:

:sunny:

isla bonita
06-09-2006, 09:58 PM
If you are asking my opinion it would be

you stay in our villa and if you still want to leave and go on site fine but I bet you will love it so much you will want to extend your vacation in our home and never want to leave.

I would even wager a free night at Disney to try it.LOL

Now really

Choice A to much work listen you are on vaca what are you going to do spend have the time packing and unpacking no no no to much work!!!!!!!!!!

Choice B great choice not much work and lots of room to spread out and still feel the magic.

Choice C also a great choice and not to much work plus the magic.

Either B or C or better yet my opinion and a free night at Disney LOL

Have a great one what ever you choose.