PDA

View Full Version : Non smoking policy?

Lizzydoll73
06-09-2006, 12:39 PM
I would like to try Disneyland for our next trip since neither DH or I have been. I would like to stay on Disney property but DH is a smoker. :guilty: I know the rooms are all non smoking now but is there anywhere at the hotel where he can smoke? Also, are there designated smoking areas in Disneyland and DCA or are they smoke free also. Thanks.

WatchinCaptKangaroo
06-09-2006, 01:18 PM
The Grand Californian Hotel is the only hotel with non-smoking rooms and balconys. You can smoke outside at the GCH. The Disneyland Hotel and Paradise Peir Hotel still offer smoking rooms (or balconys).

You can smoke outside anywhere in Downtown Disney (ash trays are on top of most trash cans) and the outdoor bars (Uva Bar and Lost Bar) both allow smoking. Inside the parks there are smoking areas (they are on the maps and any CM can tell you where they are as well).

Have a magical trip!

iheartdisney
06-11-2006, 12:12 AM
My DH is a smoker, sso we know all of the inpark areas pretty well.
The one we end up at most is behind Big Thunder Mountain, on the way to Fantasyland. Its actually a really good photo op area, you can catch the trains running through BTM behind you.
In DCA, we always end up at the area outside Soarin', which is really good, I just park him there while I use my FP, then I take the kids to the popcorn cart while he goes!
I think its really funny, they actually post signs with the surgeon's general warning in the areas!

darph nader
06-11-2006, 12:22 AM
HI,I'm darph.I'm a smoker. :smokin: We've never stayed on site so i don't know about that. We always reserve a non-smoking room,so i get to go outside to hammer a nail. I have no problem with it,of course i have a cold one also.I find ironic though that one smoking area is right next to autopia. More fumes from the cars than any cigarette. :rolleyes1 .Go figure.

Mary Jo
06-11-2006, 12:25 AM
The Grand Californian Hotel is the only hotel with non-smoking rooms and balconys. You can smoke outside at the GCH. The Disneyland Hotel and Paradise Peir Hotel still offer smoking rooms (or balconys).

You can smoke outside anywhere in Downtown Disney (ash trays are on top of most trash cans) and the outdoor bars (Uva Bar and Lost Bar) both allow smoking. Inside the parks there are smoking areas (they are on the maps and any CM can tell you where they are as well).

Have a magical trip!

Just a minor correction :)

As of March 2006, all three Disneyland Resort Hotels are non-smoking hotels.

Lizzydoll73
06-11-2006, 07:02 AM
Just a minor correction :)

As of March 2006, all three Disneyland Resort Hotels are non-smoking hotels.

Do you know if you can smoke on the balconies or is that a no-no? Is there anywhere in the hotels where he can smoke? I guess we can always stay offsite since we would not need to take buses like at WDW.