PDA

View Full Version : How to get from LAX to DLR

wdwjunkie2005
06-08-2006, 10:54 PM
I'd like to know as much as possible about people's preferred/least preferred shuttle/car services to DLR from LAX. Tell me about your good and bad experiences!

MrShiny
06-08-2006, 11:07 PM
I always use Super Shuttle. $15 each way. The worst part is waiting for the shuttle at LAX. Once aboard, it's great.

hip
06-11-2006, 09:32 AM
We just used Prime Time Shuttle last week. The fare is $15 per person each way or $88 for a private shuttle. We were a group of 6 and opted for the private shuttle. I booked roundtrip online and followed the directions for meeting the shuttle at the airport. They called to confirm our return trip the night before and were at the hotel on time. We had a great, friendly driver. I would use Prime Time again.

Tricia

drag n' fly
06-11-2006, 02:23 PM
We just rented a minivan for 9 days through thrifty rental at LAX, unlimited mileage for a total of 347.61US. Our costs are low however because our hotel offers free parking and we do not have to pay the daily insurance coverage through the rental company. We discovered if we pay an additional 18 dollars a year we can get the exact same rental insurance that the rental place offers attached to our home vehicle insurance policy. Some credit cards offer insurance also but read the fine print because they do not cover much ... and can be unreliable. We are also doing the southern coast again with our trip to DL so the rental makes sense for us but if you are just doing the parks the shuttle will be a cheaper option.

MrShiny
06-11-2006, 11:54 PM
As a son of an insurance manager, I've always veered away from what the car rental places sell. First, it isn't insurance. Insurance can only be sold by a licensed agent. And, as the previous poster pointed out, you can buy the same thing cheaper, and might get it for free from your credit card.

Better to save you money. Unless you have no auto insurance at all, your policy will cover you.

SamIAm21
06-12-2006, 11:12 AM
I have to say I didn't care for SuperShuttle. I didn't have a long wait to board the van, but although the van was clearly marked Disneyland Express, I ended up having to go along for the ride while the driver took several other families home to their personal residences before proceeding on to DLR. I guess this was not what I anticipated and that really didn't lend to the "magic" of my trip. It took about twice the normal traveling time to do this. On the way from DLR to LAX, I was taken about 10 miles to Garden Grove/Korean District to pick up some other passengers, driven all the way back to the DLR area to pick up other passengers then onto LAX. Seems like a lot of "out of the way driving, again, taking approximately double the time it should have taken.

I think I am a wee bit spoiled by Magical Express in WDW and if I travel to DLR again, I'll use a private towncar service.

stampinshauna
06-12-2006, 12:55 PM
I've used the Disneyland Express (Airport Bus) a few times and that is what I prefer if I'm not renting a car. I've used Super Shuttle and I don't like how they go all over the place and pick up and drop off at homes before getting to your destination.

lindym
06-12-2006, 02:41 PM
What do you think about Tony the Limo King????

Luv'sTink
06-12-2006, 03:28 PM
We used a Limo service. The only problem we had was the driver drove really fast and made my son sick and he heaved in the back (she (driver) deserved it!) and I cleaned it up.

wdwjunkie2005
06-15-2006, 10:17 PM
Is Airport Bus/Disneyland Express run by Disney? A couple of people don't like Super Shuttle b/c of all the stops. How does Airport Bus work? Does it only go from the airport to hotels? Or does it also go to people's homes? Please tell me all you can about the Airport Bus experience. Thanks!

ACDSNY
06-15-2006, 10:51 PM
We perfer to rent a car at LAX. Too many stops with the buses.

SamIAm21
06-16-2006, 10:04 AM
Is Airport Bus/Disneyland Express run by Disney? A couple of people don't like Super Shuttle b/c of all the stops. How does Airport Bus work? Does it only go from the airport to hotels? Or does it also go to people's homes? Please tell me all you can about the Airport Bus experience. Thanks!

I believe the Disneyland Resort bus (big bus) stops first at the Disney "on property hotels" and then moves onto the Good Neighbor hotels. This would have been more preferable to me vs. SuperShuttle. It was my first time visiting the DLR area and Disney Travel Co. recommended SuperShuttle??? I ended up getting toured through several LA suburbs taking people home to their personal residences. I would have rather taken the Disneyland sponsored bus and at least had a chance to see the on property hotels vs. some strangers' houses ya know!! :p

wdwjunkie2005
06-23-2006, 08:33 PM
I ended up getting toured through several LA suburbs taking people home to their personal residences. I would have rather taken the Disneyland sponsored bus and at least had a chance to see the on property hotels vs. some strangers' houses ya know!! :p

It would be a great way to do some sightseeing in the area! ;)

Hermosa11
06-23-2006, 09:01 PM
I believe the Disneyland Resort bus (big bus) stops first at the Disney "on property hotels" and then moves onto the Good Neighbor hotels. :p

Disneyland Resort bus? Huh? This is not Super Shuttle or Prime Time Shuttle, you say, right? how does one reserve this? or catch it? Cost? What is the Cost? Can someone provide more info on this?

thanks

Dis Ohana
06-23-2006, 09:54 PM
I just made my reservations with Prime Time. Thanks for the tip! :wave2:

karylrocks
06-23-2006, 11:42 PM
I have a reservation with Golden West Express, private van for $75 each way.

wdwjunkie2005
06-28-2006, 03:31 PM
i looked into the disneyland express. looks like you don't need to make ressies. their site: www.airportbus.com

i'm going to go with them.