PDA

View Full Version : Which hotel should we choose...Sheraton Vistana or Gaylord Palms

ecpool
06-07-2006, 10:33 PM
We will be spitting our stay between 3 resorts (during Christmas week). 2 nights at Port orleans french quarter, 3 nights at Wilderness Lodge, then 3 nights at an offsite hotel (thinking of either Sheraton Vistana or Gaylord Palms)

Amirah95
06-07-2006, 10:53 PM
We will be spitting our stay between 3 resorts (during Christmas week). 2 nights at Port orleans french quarter, 3 nights at Wilderness Lodge, then 3 nights at an offsite hotel (thinking of either Sheraton Vistana or Gaylord Palms)

When I have to decide between off-site hotels, in which I've never stayed, I go over to Trip Advisor and read up on the reviews and compare. I have stayed two nights in Vistana and loved the resort. I never stayed at the other.

Bella the Ball 360
06-08-2006, 08:06 AM
Loved Vistana although some parts are older but Gaylord if I am not mistaken is just a hotel . Vistana is a resort with actual condos. For my money it would be Vistata every time.

horseshowmom
06-08-2006, 09:44 AM
If it were me, I'd take the condo (Vistana) over the hotel (Gaylord) hands down, but on the other hand I also wouldn't want to swap hotels as much as you're going to, so we may have different perspectives. I've been in the Gaylord (not stayed there), and it's absolutely gorgeous. If you're looking for several different hotel experiences, you may really like the Gaylord.

momof3disneyholics
06-08-2006, 02:38 PM
I would choose Vistana for the pool and Gaylord for the luxury.

ralphd
06-08-2006, 08:21 PM

Think the Gaylord is more of a convention hotel. I understand it is very nice.

dferr
06-09-2006, 11:20 PM
Never stayed at the Sheraton but stayed at Gaylord last weekend it was gorgeous! My opinion may be swayed by the fact that I only paid $93 for it on Priceline. Had 2 queen beds with a great view of the inside. Let us know what you pick and how it was !

tortoni
06-10-2006, 11:42 PM
We've stayed at Vistana and liked it for the convenience of the extra space and washer/dryer. Some of the units are older and if you get those, you will not feel like you are in a resort room. Never stayed at Gaylord, but have been in it and it has the feel of a convention hotel. However, I believe they have a special ice festival in December, so this may be a nice treat. I'd probably opt for Vistana to get my laundry done!

SammieG
06-13-2006, 04:01 AM
We didnt like Vistana at all.. but it depends what you are looking for.

If you are looking for a luxurious hotel room with lots of eating options on site then Gaylord would be great for you. Plus as someone has said, the ice sculpture thing looks amazing!

If you are looking for more space and pools (although Christmas week might be a bit chilly for swimming, so probably not worth making a decision on this alone) then Vistana can offer you that. It doesnt have the same onsite dining options but there is a lot close by..