PDA

View Full Version : Updated with sad news - I have to make a very sad trip

DaraAllen
06-07-2006, 06:49 PM
Hello all. My husband's cousin, with whom he grew up like a sister, is dying. She was diagnosed with Stage IV breast cancer a few months ago, and frankly, it's amazing that she's made it this long. We have to go to the boondocks of West Virginia, so I won't be on after this evening.

Ladies, Donna was diligent about getting her exams every year. Nothing was caught, and when she started experiencing what she thought were pulled muscles, they found the cancer, at Stage IV. It's spread all over her, and the doctors sent her home from the hospital, declaring that there is nothing more they can do for her. This must make us that much more dedicated to doing our exams without fail. Donna's death cannot be in vain. Make a promise to yourselves and your families that you will make sure you do what you are supposed to do to take care of yourselves.

If someone, or a group of someones could pick me up two of whatever comes out this weekend, I'd appreciate it. I'll pay back whatever it costs. Given what's going on, this is trivial, I know, but I'd like to have something positive to come back to.

Most importantly, please keep Donna, her husband, two grown children, and grandson in your prayers. And, my husband, too.

Thanks in advance for your help and prayers.

Dara Allen

WDWfan36
06-07-2006, 07:23 PM
:sad2: :sad2: :sad2: I feel really bad for you and well most definitly keep you and your family in my prayers.

I hope that things start to get a little better and somehow a miricle can be proformed.

I Hope everythings ok. :sad1: :sad1: :sad: :sad: :sad: :worried:

Whatever comes out this weekend I will be sure to get you!!

tinkattitude!
06-07-2006, 07:25 PM
Very sorry this needs to happen :guilty: this is no matter to be happy about, i'm sorry for your cousin in law and I hope you can have a safe trip.
I'm sorry I can't pick you up anything but please, be safe and try to have a little tincy weency bit of fun along the way.

SorcererDonald16
06-07-2006, 07:32 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this DaraAllen! :sad2: My prayers are with you all. :grouphug:

And on the VMK side of things, don't worry. I'll get you two of everything if at all possible, and I'll try my darndest to get you a Pirates 1/5 pin so you won't have to worry about Host queues and everything when you get back. Whenever you do come back and feel like it, just send me a PM and we'll figure out a place and time to meet. God bless you all! I'm so sorry you all have to go through this. :guilty:

Belle1997
06-07-2006, 08:01 PM
Wow so sorry to hear the difficult time your family is having. And so scary this was never caught. Makes us all appreciate each day we have. You and in my thoughts and prayers. Safe trip and may God give you the strength to handle what ever your family is facing in love and with out fear.

ElectricLime
06-07-2006, 08:12 PM
Oh no! My thoughts are with you and your family. I hope the visit goes well.

Maleficent2
06-07-2006, 08:23 PM
I am so sorry to hear about your cousin in law....{hugs}to you and yours in this very trying time...

I would be happy to pick up anything that comes out this week end for you.No worries.

Mal

BriarRosie
06-07-2006, 08:26 PM
My heart goes out to your family.

qruthie
06-07-2006, 08:31 PM
Dearest Dara,

You, Donna and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. Donna sounds like a very special person who has touched the world. I think she would be proud to know that during your time of grief you took the time to remind us all to take care of our health.

Bless you!
Ruth

qruthie (the 'q' is silent)

kissmy_____katrina
06-07-2006, 08:50 PM
Wow, that's hard. My grandmother was thought to have breast cancer, but she went into surgery a few days ago and said it wasn't. :confused3
I'll keep you in my thoughts.

Idol_Fan
06-07-2006, 08:50 PM
Dara I am very sad to hear that. Donna sounds like a very sweet and caring person. Dont give up. If god wants her to live she will. I have heard of such miracles. Maybe read one of the Chicken Soup books! They always cheer me up!

Take care! You and Donna will be in my thoughts!

rcpratt3
06-07-2006, 10:43 PM
I am really sorry to hear this. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this trying time. Give your husband a big hug for me. It is always so sad to lose someone to cancer. I lost my grandmother to ovarian cancer. As I told you in VMK, I am more than happy to get you 2 of everything new that comes out. I am sending buckets of Pixie Dust your way.

DaraAllen
06-07-2006, 10:48 PM
Thank you all. It is so nice to have positive thoughts and prayers following me to West Virginia. I'll hook up with you all when I get back. Would someone bump this periodically so I can find it when I get back? Or, so as not go bum out everyone, just pm.

thanks again. hugs and kisses.

cteddiesgirl
06-07-2006, 10:49 PM
Sorry to hear about this Dara. :grouphug: to all.
I've also had women in my life that have had breast cancer.

I will keep all of you in my prayers.

hdmonkeybug
06-08-2006, 01:10 AM
Sorry to hear this. I am keeping you all in my thoughts! :goodvibes :grouphug:

disvaclub92
06-08-2006, 05:25 AM
Prayers to you and your family.

LoriR
06-08-2006, 06:59 AM
I am so sorry for your sad news. :hug: I will be keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Lori

lovethattink
06-08-2006, 07:04 AM
Sorry to hear this. You and your family are in my prayers.

MomsGoneGoofy
06-08-2006, 11:14 AM
You and your family will be in my prayers. Have a safe trip.

GrinGrinnyGhosts
06-08-2006, 01:42 PM
i am very sorry and my prayers and best wishes are with you :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :sad2: :sad2: :sad2: :sad2:

Beherenow
06-08-2006, 04:27 PM
Sorry to hear about your cousin-in-law. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

VMK_Princess_Chloe
06-08-2006, 05:19 PM
You guys are definitely in my prayers. Also, your trip to WV... My husbands family is in WV too. Be careful in those mountains! We make that trek every year. Just be careful. I pray you have a safe trip too.

God Bless,
Heather

MicMin
06-08-2006, 05:27 PM
You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

AmberDaze
06-09-2006, 09:05 AM
I am so sorry to hear this -- MickeysMusic and I just got back from staying with my mother who had breast cancer return for the second time. The first time was about 15 years ago...unfortunately, it was much worse back then. This time the doctors say things look good, but we are awaiting the after-surgery results to be sure.

We will keep your family in our thoughts and prayers, and send lots of hugs your way :). :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

DaraAllen
06-11-2006, 06:57 PM
I am back, safe and sound. Thank you all for your kind words and prayers. We greatly appreciate them. Donna is very weak, and very ill. Just nine months ago, she was so full of life and so vibrant. While looking through her bible, her mother found a letter that Donna wrote about three months ago. Her words are very powerful:

"All I want now is to spend as much time with people I love, especially my husband and children and family. I feel so bad 'cause my life with him has changed. I'm sick from chemo a lot and he has to take care of me and do a lot at home. I never thought this would happen to me but it did and I hope I can do my best with it and help someone in the process. Ladies, get your mammogram regularly and do monthly exams. Mine is a very rare type, it feeds off me. That's why it doesn't want to leave. So I'm hoping and praying that the voice in my ear will be there and heal me and take this thing away."

I can't add anything to that.

LuNaReVe
06-11-2006, 07:25 PM
I am glad that you are back Safe

I will pray for her and a miracle from God

DaraAllen
06-22-2006, 09:56 AM
Just wanted to update everyone. Donna died about 20 minutes ago. My husband and his family are devastated. Please keep them in your prayers.

MomsGoneGoofy
06-22-2006, 12:00 PM
So sorry to hear the sad news. Your husband and his family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

disvaclub92
06-22-2006, 12:02 PM
Aww I am so sorry. My sympathy to you and your family.

milkabum
06-22-2006, 01:20 PM
I am so sorry :( May she rest in God's hands beyond the rainbow.

mom2cookies
06-22-2006, 02:20 PM
Just wanted to extend my condolences. I will keep you all in my prayers that each of you will find peace and that your lives will not be too disrupted. :grouphug:

Maleficent2
06-22-2006, 02:37 PM
oh Dara so sorry for your families' lost.{hugs}myfriend I will be thinking of you.

cteddiesgirl
06-22-2006, 02:51 PM
:grouphug:
Many hugs and prayers to you, your family and her family.

Disney Dreams
06-22-2006, 02:56 PM
oh no.... So so very sorry to hear. My thoughts and heart felt compassion to you and your family. May you find comfort in the memories of the happy moments you shared with Donna. She lives forever in your heart. :grouphug:

SorcererDonald16
06-22-2006, 05:55 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this. :sad2: God bless y'all, and my prayers are with you.

PrincessJen09
06-22-2006, 06:16 PM
I am sorry to hear about your loss. At least you have the comfort that she is in a better place. You and your family will be in my prayers.

qruthie
06-23-2006, 12:14 AM
I am so sorry for you and your family. You all will be in my thoughts and prayers. :grouphug:

qruthie (the 'q' is silent)

Lauralee
06-23-2006, 12:35 AM
My prayers are with you all. It's small consolation to know that at least her pain is over.

silvrstrfx
06-23-2006, 12:42 AM
Sending thoughts to you and your family! Take things day by day. :hug: