PDA

View Full Version : Best Daytona spot to hang for a day?

DeniseinMich
06-07-2006, 12:51 PM
We are going to drive to the beach for a day during disney week and want to swim in the ocean and play on the beach? Should we stick to the city beach parks or try in front of some hotel?

DisneyFan06
06-07-2006, 12:56 PM
We are going to drive to the beach for a day during disney week and want to swim in the ocean and play on the beach? Should we stick to the city beach parks or try in front of some hotel?

I live in Daytona Beach, Florida and I would not suggest you get a Hotel room during your stay here. One day at the beach will be enough for you and your family to enjoy the experience - trust me!

Good Luck! :artist:

stevepete
06-07-2006, 02:25 PM
We usually go right into Daytona and pay to drive/park on the beach. If you pull onto the beach near the boardwalk (it being on your left) take a right down the beach and park in front of the little outside "waterpark" (you can't miss it). I think it's called Sun Splash. There are fountains, outside showers, rest rooms and changing areas. It's nice to rinse off in the fountains or showers and change before heading back to WDW.

Jakesmom1
06-07-2006, 09:17 PM
Disneyfan06,

Im just curious as I live in Ormond, why do you say one day is enough? When I lived in NY I used to come here to spend a week on the beach and always loved it, just curious as to what you meant?

Thanks