PDA

View Full Version : Brita Fill'n Go at CVS!

cnids00
06-07-2006, 09:20 AM
I haven't seen them in forever, last I knew they clearanced them out all over the stores. yesterday I had to wait for a prescription to be filled and walked right into the aisle with the bottles and 2-pack replacement filters.

Not on clearance anymore though $7.99 each but I was so happy to get ahold of them again!! :Pinkbounc

I know you can get bottled water as a snack on the DP but I don't want to waste points on water ;)

Just wanted to pass it along to any Brita Fill'n Go -lovers :cheer2:

xbatman
06-10-2006, 02:50 PM
Thanks for the post! I've been looking for these bottles. I'll have to checks the CVS' in our area.

D,L and K's Mom
06-11-2006, 07:31 AM
Do they really help the water taste better? DD thinks the water is, "Just so GROSS". I would love to find a filtering bottle that helps that. Thanks

Mom2DS
06-11-2006, 08:26 AM
They really do help! I thought the water was even beyond "gross" and with the Brita the bad taste was completely gone. We even kept one beside the bathroom sink for brushing our teeth! :teeth:

My DS10 once put soda in the Brita (forgot about the filter) and couldn't figure out why it came out tasting like water! :lmao:

D,L and K's Mom
06-11-2006, 08:31 AM
It will be well worth the $$$$ then. Water really adds up. We usually buy a case and put it in the room but it is always warm when we get it to the parks. Thanks for the info

Maybelle
06-11-2006, 05:34 PM
We loved our Brita bottles. Filled them with ice at the resort each am, and drank as it melted. Much better than the water there, unless you are used to heavily chlorinated water.

EpcotMatt
06-11-2006, 07:41 PM
We love the Brita bottle! The difference in the taste of the water is night & day. And we've been looking for refills. I'll have to check out some CVSs around here. Thanks for the note.

jackskellingtonsgirl
06-13-2006, 08:02 PM
All of the CVS stores around here carry the bottles & filters. I have noticed that they don't seem to be getting any more bottles in, though. I bought the last one at the CVS near the Marshall's I go to, and since then they just have the filters. I keep thinking they will put the darn things on clearance, but no such luck!

cnids00
06-13-2006, 08:10 PM
Our first trip we spent at least $25 on water bottles a day, we had no clue the water was so awful at WDW. 2nd trip I bought the Brita Fill'n Go only because of reading so much about it on this board, and YES it sure does work. Best investment for our trip with no doubt!

I just wish they'd go on clearance ;) so I could stock up for more trips to WDW in the future :cool1:

niklynn1
06-14-2006, 03:22 PM
There are no CVS stores where I live in Iowa. Anyone know where they might sell these bottles besides CVS? I did not see them at Wal Mart or Target.

mouseketeerwannabe
06-14-2006, 05:20 PM
Thanks for the tip about the CVS stores. I have been looking for four of these bottles for a month with no luck. I went to four different CVS stores today and found two (one each at different stores). :yay: I got two more from ebay that are on the way. Brita does not even list these on their website. Someone in a different post said they had been discontinued. Last July I spent a fortune on water, so I'm excited to save that money for something else.

Fire14
06-15-2006, 06:01 PM
There are no CVS stores where I live in Iowa. Anyone know where they might sell these bottles besides CVS? I did not see them at Wal Mart or Target.
Try walgreens if they are near you I find the strangest stuff in walgreens.

extreme8
06-16-2006, 07:58 AM
Do they really help the water taste better? DD thinks the water is, "Just so GROSS". I would love to find a filtering bottle that helps that. Thanks

When we returned home from our last trip my son took his Britta botte to school like he would any regular water bottle. We had forgotten to remove the filter, and that day he decided to drink Crystal Lite rather than plain water.
The drink had no taste, and just a slight pink color - so Yeah, they do a great job!

D,L and K's Mom
06-17-2006, 02:58 PM
just opened up and there are always people picketing it. I guess they used non-union people to do some of the work. They are outside pciketing and have a vary large blow up RAT with them. I will try CVS or Walmart. Thanks!!!

hollyb
06-26-2006, 11:08 AM
I need to go to CVS tonight!

rbonneau
07-01-2006, 08:51 AM
We just returned from an 8-day trip to SSR and used the Brita Fill 'n Go filters. After seeing this thread, I found them in one CVS a couple of towns over. My local CVS did not have them. They were $8.49 for a 2-pack, but they did not stock the bottles.

I then found them at the local WalMart on clearance for $2.00 for a 2-pack so I scooped 'em up. No bottles there either.

I did find that the filters fit in an Aquafina or Dasani water bottle, so that's what we used for the trip. We used one filter for the entire trip and it worked great!

Best tip on the board!

Thanks. :thumbsup2

magiccouple2004
07-01-2006, 12:42 PM
we just bought our brita bottle and we are looking for the replacement filters so we have them on hand brita doesnt make them anymore so who knows

nightowlky
07-01-2006, 01:40 PM
Generally good reviews from epinions.com (http://www.epinions.com/hmgd-Small_Appliances-All-Fill_and_Go_Water_Filtration_Bottle/display_%7Ereviews)

Chrisypoo
07-02-2006, 04:41 PM
I did find that the filters fit in an Aquafina or Dasani water bottle, so that's what we used for the trip. We used one filter for the entire trip and it worked great!

Do they fit inside the bottle, resting on the rim so that you can screw the top back on? I found some made by Culligan like this, but I've only seen them online.

Thanks!

rbonneau
07-02-2006, 07:33 PM
Yes, they do fit in the bottle and the cap will still fit on. I found that the Aquafina and Dasani bottles worked fine. A couple of others I tried did not.

You can't get the last few ounces of water out of the bottle either, but all-in-all it's a minor inconvenience. The filters are wonderful!

LSUmom4kids
07-02-2006, 08:20 PM

What size water bottle do the filters fit? I see 8 oz., 12 oz., 16.9 oz., 20 oz., 24 oz. bottles and then .5 Liters ... (Does anyone know how many oz. are in a liter?)

If I can find the filters somewhere, I want to make sure I have the right size water bottles!

tinker&belle
07-02-2006, 08:46 PM
How big is the bottle. I was thinking of buying one to share with DH, but I'm concerned that it might not fit in the small backpack we got.

LSUmom4kids
07-02-2006, 09:46 PM
How big is the bottle. I was thinking of buying one to share with DH, but I'm concerned that it might not fit in the small backpack we got.

My concerns as well. I bought each kid a "waist pack" bag that has a mesh water bottle holder on the side. If the bottle is too tall or bulky, it either won't fit or will just get in their way.

I know the 8 oz. or 16.9 oz. bottles might work best for the kids, whereas the sports bottle might be better for me and DH because the widemouth will be easier to put the ice in.

jackskellingtonsgirl
07-02-2006, 09:51 PM
I *think* the Brita bottles hold about 20 oz. but I don't know why I think that. Well, I have a bottle of Ozarka here that is 16.9, so I bet the Brita is 20 oz. But like someone else said, you can't get the bottle completely empty.

The filters last for 15 gallons, but they recommend that you don't run more than a gallon through it in one day. Considering a HALF gallon is 64 oz. I don't imagine I will drink more than 6 bottles full in a single day, even in August!

If you want to share a single sport bottle you can always get ice from CS places for free, and refill the water at the drinking fountain. The drawback to that is if one of you comes down with a sore throat or other ailment you might not want to share a water bottle. We made that mistake last year.

PaulaSue
07-05-2006, 03:01 PM
I LOVE mine!!!

Mickey-4-Me
07-07-2006, 03:33 AM
I have not been able to find the Brita Fill 'n Go water bottles. I have three boys that I need to keep hydrated... So, I bought the "Culligan Personal Portable Water Filter Bottle". (Wow, what a name. Huh?) It is a clear 16 oz. squeezable sports bottle with a filter. It filters water as you drink. One filter has a 15 gallon life. Is this similar to the Brita Fill 'n Go? Does anyone have any experience with this product? In our area, Culligan has a water delivery system. So, I know the brand... just not the product.

I guess the best part is the product has not been discontinued. Culligan has a website and I have seen them in stores.

LSUmom4kids
07-08-2006, 06:31 PM
I took the advice of others on this board and went to a small CVS store near my house and they had 4 Brita Fill & Go bottles on the shelf at $7.99 each. I bought them all! I will check the other CVS stores on my way to/from work in the city during the week to see if I can get 2 more! Then I can get my filter refills on ebay, if I can't find them anywhere else.

Now I'll have to put everyone's names on them since they all look alike.

Do the bottles sweat? Will they drip? Should I be concerned about this?

thanks

mandysbus
07-08-2006, 08:39 PM
today we found the replacement filters at walmart in the clearence section for $2 a pack (bought all them), and I was very impressed that the guy at walmart even knew what I was talking about (usually I just get a blank look when I ask about anything). and we found the bottles at CVS and got 2 (just about killed me to spend $18 on 2 plastic water bottles)...but between those and all the filters we picked up, we should be set for quite a while. Hope these things work, gonna test it on our town water since I dont think it tastes very good.

bexplosive
08-01-2006, 10:59 PM
Thanks for the post! I've been looking for these bottles. I'll have to checks the CVS' in our area.

NEWS FLASH!!

you can get the water filter bottles from ************

www.************.com

I got mine a few weeks ago, they work great!!

bevtoy
08-02-2006, 02:00 AM
If you can"t find the Brita FIll N GO try these, we just purchased some and really like them.
http://www.************.com/

D,L and K's Mom
08-02-2006, 06:12 AM
I was able to buy 2 Fill and Go Bottles for our next trip. I would also like my son to be able to use these on the bus to school and one at school. DS is a speical needs child and his seizure meds do not allow him to sweat therefore he has to stay hydrated. I love the bottles but now I can't seem to find filters except on e-bay. I have checked where I got the bottles (CVS) and I checked the BRITA website but was not able to locate them. When I asked at Walmart I was told it is a hit or miss item. I wrote Brita and E-mail and I am waiting for a reply. Does anyone know where you can buy these direct without the hassle of bidding on E-bay? I would just like to buy the filters and not have to worry about finding them again next time. I think I read somewhere they are discontinued?? (I didnt read this whole thread). What? Discontinued, I just bought the bottles about a month ago. :guilty: Please say it is not so!

Mom2DS
08-02-2006, 08:27 AM
D,L, and K's Mom -

They have, in fact, been discontinued. Like you heard at Wal-Mart, it is hit and miss to find them in the stores, so eBay may be your best bet. There has been some discussion on here that there are other filtration bottles that people seem to like just as well. I think there is also a filter that fits right on a regular bottled water, but I don't have any info about that. Try doing a search on here and you'll find discussions about it. Sorry for the bad news! :sad2:

beattyfamily
08-02-2006, 08:33 AM
I think there is also a filter that fits right on a regular bottled water, but I don't have any info about that. Try doing a search on here and you'll find discussions about it. Sorry for the bad news! :sad2:

HERE (http://innovapurewater.com/html/products/basic_products_list.htm) is the filter top that fits right on a bottle of regular water!! It works great!

bexplosive
08-02-2006, 05:28 PM
I was able to buy 2 Fill and Go Bottles for our next trip. I would also like my son to be able to use these on the bus to school and one at school. DS is a speical needs child and his seizure meds do not allow him to sweat therefore he has to stay hydrated. I love the bottles but now I can't seem to find filters except on e-bay. I have checked where I got the bottles (CVS) and I checked the BRITA website but was not able to locate them. When I asked at Walmart I was told it is a hit or miss item. I wrote Brita and E-mail and I am waiting for a reply. Does anyone know where you can buy these direct without the hassle of bidding on E-bay? I would just like to buy the filters and not have to worry about finding them again next time. I think I read somewhere they are discontinued?? (I didnt read this whole thread). What? Discontinued, I just bought the bottles about a month ago. :guilty: Please say it is not so!

************ has the filters

www.************.com

Step
08-02-2006, 07:44 PM
NEWS FLASH!!

you can get the water filter bottles from ************

www.************.com

I got mine a few weeks ago, they work great!!

Newsflash! It costs $40 to ship these to canada.

I'd rather spend $50 canadian on two "Pristine Microbiological Filter Water Bottles" at www.mec.com (There are local outlets for me, so no shipping) than spend $60 american on two ************ bottles.

It might be a deal if you live in the states, but not for me. :P

bexplosive
08-03-2006, 05:29 PM
Newsflash! It costs $40 to ship these to canada.

I'd rather spend $50 canadian on two "Pristine Microbiological Filter Water Bottles" at www.mec.com (There are local outlets for me, so no shipping) than spend $60 american on two ************ bottles.

It might be a deal if you live in the states, but not for me. :P

Newflash!!

Shipping to other countries is expensive because of customs.

Let's all call Osama and complain.........

jsquirt555
08-05-2006, 08:38 AM
I just got my ************ bottles and I love them! I ordered the family pack of the 27oz sport bottles and a few extra filters. They are very handy, I definitely recommend them for everybody. You can just throw them in a bag or carry them anywhere. Just refill wherever you are.

Our water where I live has a funny smell to it. I tried it with that, and it smells and tastes like fresh, pure water!!

My husband didnt want to get them because he thought they wouldnt work. Boy was he WRONG!!

Janice

D,L and K's Mom
08-05-2006, 10:00 AM
Can I ask where did you order these from?? Thanks.

bexplosive
08-05-2006, 10:10 AM
Can I ask where did you order these from?? Thanks.

You can get them at www.************.com

they sell them online. they shipped mine out very quickly.

torinsmom
08-05-2006, 08:43 PM
So, if I was to buy one of these, could my mom put in WDW water, then squeeze it out into the coffee pot to make coffee that doesn't taste nasty? She always complains when we travel about the taste of water. Might be worth it just for that.

Marsha

bexplosive
08-05-2006, 11:39 PM
So, if I was to buy one of these, could my mom put in WDW water, then squeeze it out into the coffee pot to make coffee that doesn't taste nasty? She always complains when we travel about the taste of water. Might be worth it just for that.

Marsha

Of course, thats what I do!!

So you just want it to stop her complaining? :woohoo:

torinsmom
08-06-2006, 07:16 AM
Well, she needs her coffee and I heard the coffee at Pop is terrible! Its better to make sure she has some decent coffee than to hear her complain about it! LOL

Marsha

bexplosive
08-06-2006, 08:14 AM
well, the bottle filters will absolutly fix that problem!! The reason it tastes bad is the chlorine that is in tap water. Not to mention it's bad for your body. The 16oz sport bottles are smaller and easier to carry around. Plus they come in the family pack with a free bottle!!

CareBearYN
08-06-2006, 07:09 PM
So, the Brita Fill & Go is discontinued? I just went to look for it at Duane Reade and didn't see it, then came on the DIS to read this thread...

For anyone who ordered the Pure Water 2GO filter that fits in a regular water bottle - how long did it take to get it once you ordered? I leave for Disney in 12 days and want to make sure I have it beforehand!

Thanks!!

bexplosive
08-06-2006, 08:31 PM
So, the Brita Fill & Go is discontinued? I just went to look for it at Duane Reade and didn't see it, then came on the DIS to read this thread...

For anyone who ordered the Pure Water 2GO filter that fits in a regular water bottle - how long did it take to get it once you ordered? I leave for Disney in 12 days and want to make sure I have it beforehand!

Thanks!!

yes, it is discontinued. I've ordered from ************ a couple times, and they always ship out either the same day or next business day. If you ordered tonight, it should go out tomorrow. with ground (depending on where you are) you should get it in a few days.

I would recommend the sport bottles. I have both the 16 and 27 oz, and the 16 is much more handy because it is smaller and fits in water fountains and sinks.

Mel2111
08-07-2006, 01:41 PM
I ordered the bottles for our trip. They saved us alot of cash and still are. One thing though, I wish I had ordered the larger bottles. We were constantly having to refill the smaller bottles.

bexplosive
08-07-2006, 07:33 PM
I have a couple large ones, and a couple small ones.

I agree, I like the large ones for longer areas without refilling. However, the small ones are nice because they fit in water fountains and sinks easily. The large ones get in the way of themsleves sometimes.

jsquirt555
08-07-2006, 07:51 PM
I got the larger ones myself. maybe I should order a couple of the small ones too?? how much smaller are they?

bexplosive
08-15-2006, 04:18 PM
they are about half the size i guess. They are much more handy if you are going to be filling up from water fountains and sinks.

sarahrose
08-20-2006, 08:20 AM
I haven't seen them in forever, last I knew they clearanced them out all over the stores. yesterday I had to wait for a prescription to be filled and walked right into the aisle with the bottles and 2-pack replacement filters.

Not on clearance anymore though $7.99 each but I was so happy to get ahold of them again!! :Pinkbounc

I know you can get bottled water as a snack on the DP but I don't want to waste points on water ;)

Just wanted to pass it along to any Brita Fill'n Go -lovers :cheer2:

It looks like this was posted a while ago, is it still valid? I am just now reading it. Have you seen them? Any other places/options?

LSUmom4kids
08-20-2006, 02:45 PM
Luckily when I saw the post I went to a little CVS store by my house and found 3 Brita fill & go bottles for $7.99 each - they only had 4 on the shelf!

Then I stumbled upon the Brita replacement filters 2 for $2 on a clearance aisle. Knowing they had been discontinued, I bought the remaining 3 packs.

I ordered some Culligan filter bottles (smaller ones for the kids) on Ebay and they worked out perfectly for the kids- they fit their fannypacks. That was very important since I had no intention of carrying everyone's water bottles around all day. My daypack was heavy enough! The ebay transaction was flawless and they arrived shortly after I won the auction (seller was in Houston, TX).

I read that Brita violated some other company's patent and were forced to stop manufacturing/selling the Fill & Go bottles and filters.

I recommend these bottles highly! Worth the money and the longrun savings.

kathytx111
09-03-2006, 02:55 PM
do you know if they still carry them?

AIW
09-03-2006, 08:58 PM
Thanks for the info about mountain equipment coop. I never even thought of them. I was jsut about to fork out to order from the states, but this may be better.