PDA

View Full Version : Officially booked my Hot Air Balloon ride in Orlando!

MelanieC
06-06-2006, 07:04 AM
I'm so excited I just had to post! Last night I booked a hot air balloon ride for our trip in July/Aug. I'm so excited (except about being at the meeting place at 6am!!).

Thanks to all who encouraged me in an earlier post!

Thanks,

Skylarr29
06-06-2006, 07:14 AM
That sounds like so much fun. Very cool. Have a great time.

shyjade
06-06-2006, 08:31 AM
Are you using Orange Blossom Balloons? We flew with them a few years ago in Orlando and it was absolutely incredible!!

Ironically, I'm afraid of heights (don't even like to fly) but it NEVER occured to me I should be scared when I was up there. Everyone who sees the pictures says, "Weren't you terrified?! I would be!" but absolutely not. It's so peaceful and beautiful...I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Have fun!

scoolover
06-06-2006, 08:42 AM
I am actually a hot air balloon pilot and I am thinking about booking a flight because it is easier than dragging the whole balloon down there.

MelanieC
06-06-2006, 10:19 AM
I'm using Thompson Aire. They have a great deal for the kids. My youngest DS8 is free and my DD14 is $105.

ObsessedwithWDW
06-06-2006, 10:23 AM
I'm so excited I just had to post! Last night I booked a hot air balloon ride for our trip in July/Aug. I'm so excited (except about being at the meeting place at 6am!!).

Thanks to all who encouraged me in an earlier post!

Thanks,

I would love details on this.....do they go over Disney or anything like that? Cost if you don't mind even rough estimates would be great. THANKS I have always wanted to do this and we are traveling to Orlando in September. :Pinkbounc

spiceycat
06-06-2006, 10:44 AM
Great news!!!

you are braver than me.

I have wanted to do one for a while. Mother really wants to do it.

but I have this problem with heights....

yogibigdog
06-08-2006, 09:25 AM
I got the chance to do this several years ago in Orlando. I lived in Orlando at the time so it worked out great. Our trip was postponed twice due to weather conditions but when we finally went it was awesome. We took off from a field near the Mystery fun house right next to Universal Studios. There was a couple getting married in the other balloon. We took off flew right over Universal Studios (This is before the Islands of Adventure and the big parking garage had been built) The other balloon landed at Universal and let the Justice of the Peace out. Then they caught up with us. It was a great adventure. Since the couple getting married had no friends or family with them we help them celebrate when we landed.
I would do it again in a heartbeat. Have a wonderful time just be prepared in case you have a weather delay.