PDA

View Full Version : Silver Lake or Sunterra Timeshare tours: hard sell?

JoyG
06-05-2006, 05:30 PM
Anyone taken a timeshare tour for Silver Lake or Sunterra? I'm only looking for the discount tickets. They offer 3 tickets for $40. Are they a hard sell? Do they typically go much longer than 90 minutes? Also, does anyone know if I can use an adult WDW timeshare ticket for a child? Thanks.

momof3disneyholics
06-05-2006, 05:36 PM
Yes, they are a hard sell. Usually a way to tell if they are a hard sell is the bigger the discount, the harder the sell.
Most timeshare tours will take you between 2 and 3 hours.
Yes, you can use an adult ticket for a child but not the other way around.

utahkennedys
06-05-2006, 06:31 PM
My boss (who is CFO of a large company) said the Silver Lake tour was a total nightmare...they treated him like crap, he hated them, and he's "tough". He did like Silver Lake though, so he left that office and told them he was going to the resale broker down the street to buy, which he did. I am scared of any timeshare tours after his story...

djm99
06-06-2006, 12:16 PM
Anyone taken a timeshare tour for Silver Lake or Sunterra? I'm only looking for the discount tickets. They offer 3 tickets for $40. Are they a hard sell? Do they typically go much longer than 90 minutes? Also, does anyone know if I can use an adult WDW timeshare ticket for a child? Thanks.

Where did you find 3 tickets for $40? Was this an online offering or actually in Orlando on the street offering?

JoyG
06-06-2006, 02:58 PM
Where did you find 3 tickets for $40? Was this an online offering or actually in Orlando on the street offering?

Here's the link if you're interested, but from what others are saying Silver Lake and/or Sunterra don't sound like they'd be worth the hard sell.

http://www.easyorlandovacationsonline.com/index.asp?campaign=GITsales11-01-05