PDA

View Full Version : Florida's rental vacation homes....

daystar
06-03-2006, 09:36 PM
Has anyone ever rented a florida vacation home??If so how did that work for your family??Where did you rent from??Are they well worth your money??Renting a vacation home a good idea or not??Thanks..

isla bonita
06-03-2006, 10:35 PM
We were introduced to a vacation home thru my mom who for her 60 bday she took the whole family.

My reaction was to tell my6 husband to bring a clean credit card because when I have had enough we are out of there. Turns out it was one of our best vacations go figure. Even my husband enjoyed and he was an outlaw.

What we loved.

1. had our own room and now we have a 5 year old souvie LOL
2. own rest room for our family
3. laundry
4. close to parks right off 192
5. own transportation, never use disney buses again ever even while staying onsite
6. own pool no strangers with our kids
7. built in sitters for each other
8. could shop with fellow shoppers
9. ate at different restaurants
10. kids had play mates to have fun with not that mom and dad are not fun but...
11. lots for your $$$
12. had snack and drinks any time we wanted
13. had breakfast in the house every morning saved $$ and was healthy
14. while dressing children were entertained by toys, tv's and other family members
15. had everything we could want in the home for our convience
16. pool towels did not have to be packed
17. extra cloths did not have to be packed
18. could nap, if needed with out all being quiet or dark
19. had some one to chat with while watching the kids in the pool

It turned out so good we have now owned one for almost 2 years. Our children, friends and family have wonderful memories. It has been the single thing other then my children that I feel has given me a reason to live.

Some say they loose the magic when not on Disney property. But not us we make our own magic all the time we are there.

Just so you know it is not for every one. It is not an experience I can compare it with. Its just very different type of vacation.

If you try it and do not enjoy it you never have to do it again. Thats how I tried camping. I will just never go again. I will not elaborate but lets just say me and the out doors are just not a good fit. LOL

minnie29uk
06-04-2006, 06:30 AM
I'm biased,but staying in a vacation home is great for us when we go to Disney.
Its great to have all that space and our own private pool for the privacy.
I like to do alot of my own cooking and be able to freeze lots of bottles of water for the next day at Disney - so having a fully fitted kitchen does the job!!

There are lots of lovely vacation rentals out there.Enjoy your hunt
You can try www.lastminutevillas.net

Lynn :cool1:

JANNYANS
06-04-2006, 06:38 AM
Having tried both I found hotels fine when my children were small but one they hit the time they needed their privacy then a home was the answer .Loved it so much we got one and have owned for 8 years,
Like the others we love the space and freedom it offers and even when travelling ot other places prefer homes to hotels now.True there are no perks like room service or daily maid service but we don't mind that .

It isn't for everybody some people see it as just like being at home but thats what I like - the home from home feeling and I don't do house work I can assure you :)
As for value for money I don't think they can be beaten just work it our per head per day and see if it is going to work for you.
Give it a shot you never know until you try .

hollyb
06-04-2006, 02:34 PM
DH and I are really happy to see this thread. We have decided to rent a home for our vacation. We have 2 small children, we think this will work out great. We have a few questions.

1. who do we call to rent one?
2. how far in advance should we call?
3. downpayment?
4. how much is a good price to pay?

minnie29uk
06-04-2006, 02:49 PM
DH and I are really happy to see this thread. We have decided to rent a home for our vacation. We have 2 small children, we think this will work out great. We have a few questions.

1. who do we call to rent one?
2. how far in advance should we call?
3. downpayment?
4. how much is a good price to pay?

Hi Holly,
You find the home you want,then contact the owner straight away.Either by phoning or e-mail.You will find contact details on a website
If there is availability,you will need to pay a deposit straight away to secure your dates.Usually 100/$150 a week
Price will depend on your dates

Happy hunting,
Lynn

JANNYANS
06-04-2006, 03:49 PM
Try putting out inquiries to any or all of the following sites

WWW.Orlandovillas.com
www.Disneypremiervillas.com
www.Floridapremiumvillas.com
and you will get replies from owners who have your dates available .

How far in advance depends -if you find a home that has all you want then book it as soon as you can as it may get booked up and you will miss it .
Downpayment depends oin the owner-some have a set amount -others do a % of the rental .

Price -depends on when you go -home facilities and location.

Good luck

lvdsny
06-04-2006, 04:36 PM
We stayed in a vacation home years ago and also decided to buy one.

You can also put inquiries out for: www.vacationhomes.com
and www.vacationrentals.com

Most homeowners are happy to answer all questions you have. Have a great time on your trip! :sunny:

Mary

Yoga Deb
06-05-2006, 10:55 AM
We always stay in a home, not just in Florida but in Spain, Portugal, wherever we go. A vacation home just gives you and your family more choice and more quality relaxation time. WDW is a fabulous place but it's also exhausting!!! When we leave the parks we cant wait to get back to our own pool!
Because you're not confined to one room everyone in the family can do their own thing watch tv, swim, sleep, read, play, eat.
I know some argue that they dont want to do any housework or they like housekeeping to make their bed. But there's very little you have to do in a vacation home, you can still eat out for every meal if you want to and if you dont want to make the bed then dont :)
We want a luxury vacation and for us luxury is having a least the same amount of space and facilities that we have at home, although in most vacation homes we have more :thumbsup2

Wife&Mom
06-06-2006, 09:42 AM
We stayed at The Star Florida Villa. I don't have enough posts to put in web addresses, but I'm sure you can figure it out :rolleyes1(starfloridavilla). The pictures don't do it justice. It is owned by a couple from England. They were great to deal with. Very honest, quick to return our deposit, very honest in all our dealings. The house was wonderful! It's only about a year old, beautifully decorated. Very well stocked. We loved everything about it.

1) We had our own pool and spa, which were screened to keep out bugs.
2) We had 4 bedrooms, so each person had their own (except DH & I, we shared :love: )
3) We had our 2 DDs (15 & 6) with us plus oldest DD's best friend. Each girl had her own bedroom.
4) We had 3.5 baths. Oldest DD and her best friend shared a bath(so they could talk about boys :lovestruc !)
5) Master bedroom and bath overlooked the pool area, so mom and dad could have time alone, but still watch over the kids.
6) There is a door from the pool area into the powder room so no tracking water through the house. From the powder room you can go straight to the laundry room to drop off wet suits and towels.
7) We had the aforementioned laundry room so we could wash swimsuits, beach towels, clothes, whatever necessary.
8) The house was large enough for everyone to have their own "space" to get away from everyone else. That was a blessing. I don't see how we can ever stay in a hotel again.
9) The drive to DW was only about 15 minutes. Not really a problem. Our last trip we stayed at FW campground. Getting to the parks from there was about the same amount of time, counting walking from the camper to the dock or bus.
10) Master bathroom was Huge! 2 sinks, separate shower, huge tub. DH and I weren't bumping into each other.
11) We had a huge kitchen stocked with all the essesntials. Made our own breakfasts and lunches, cutting down on expenses.
12) All of the bedrooms had their own cable tv, so no fighting over the tv.

I am now officially spoiled! This was a rare vacation where everyone didn't get on each other's nerves. We could all spread out and relax and get away from each other when necessary. I only wish we could stay in a house on every vacation.

Terry

hollyb
06-06-2006, 10:19 AM
Wife&Mom do know what number you stayed at?

I was told that if the site says its a 15 minute drive expect to drive 30 t0 45 because of traffic. Did you find that to be true?

Thanks

Blondiex46
06-06-2006, 07:54 PM
thanks again that is alot of information to get through, we aren't going until next year

psriv76
06-06-2006, 10:12 PM
Hi,

You can find some interesting and clean Vacation homes to choose from at this Website.

They have a variety of Homes, Villas, Town Homes to choose from for all parties.

Visit springvacationrentals

They have a 1 - 8 Bedrooms Homes to choose form. I will rent through them, everytime i go.

JohnnySharp2
06-07-2006, 01:41 AM
We also rent a villa each year.

The extra room, privacy and freedom cannot be beat.
You get the opportunity to relax more and with a young son he can play in the pool whenever he wants.
If you have had a busy day and want to rest in the afternoon or sit by the pool, then you can, without the restriction of being in a cramped hotel room.

Having cooking facilities is a big plus too as you can eat what you want when you want, although it's nice to eat out too for a change, you can also visit say Chick-Fil-A or KFC and bring the food back to the villa.

Having a TV/VCR/DVD available is also great for our young son - we bring our own US format tapes&discs for him.
Staying just off the 192 means you are close to all the attractions and within easy reach of supermarkets and restaurants.

Downsides? Just 1....in our case Joshua can be quite tired later in the day and often is more than happy just to play in the pool or watch TV, which is not necessarily a bad thing as long as he is happy but often we do not get out as often as we would like in the evening, having no entertainment on-site as it were can mean you are a bit restricted sometimes, especially as you have to drive everywhere.

So this coming August we are staying at Disney's Boardwalk for part of our 3 week holiday, that way we get a bit of everything.

Ultimately it can to a degree depend on what sort of vacation you want, many people I know wouldn't dream of cooking and just eat out at restaurants. Also many too like to stay on-site at Disney or Universal.
However, I think that the majority who do rent a villa would never go back to a hotel again.

hollyb
06-07-2006, 05:12 PM
I was shocked by the amount of people who are trying to talk us out of renting a house while in Disney. We belive this will be best for our family. The number one reason is the drive back to the house after a day at the parks. They also said we would miss out on the Disney magic.

Still renting house. :cheer2:

isla bonita
06-07-2006, 06:26 PM
I think that not every option such as hotel, on property hotel, rental home ,condo, DVC, or town home is for every vacationer. We all decide what is best for the trip we are taking. The variety is there because not all options fit all vacationers. Have a wonderful time and if you decide it is not to your liking you never have to do it again.

psriv76
06-08-2006, 08:18 AM
You will find some nice Vacation Homes, Town Homes, Villas and condos to rent on ----- springvacationrentals
I have booked one and had a Great Vacation.

Brian Noble
06-08-2006, 01:14 PM
The number one reason is the drive back to the house after a day at the parks.
As long as you are careful about location, the drive back home can be only 5 minutes longer than driving to an on-site hotel, and it can often be *shorter* than taking a Disney bus between a park and hotel.

Here's a good map with subdivision locations:
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/villa/map.htm

hollyb
06-08-2006, 01:24 PM
As long as you are careful about location, the drive back home can be only 5 minutes longer than driving to an on-site hotel, and it can often be *shorter* than taking a Disney bus between a park and hotel.

Here's a good map with subdivision locations:

Do you have a favorite area to stay?

Former MI girl!!!! :) I grew up in MI.

Wife&Mom
06-09-2006, 07:50 AM
Wife&Mom do know what number you stayed at?

I was told that if the site says its a 15 minute drive expect to drive 30 t0 45 because of traffic. Did you find that to be true?

Thanks

The address was 445 Kettering Road, Davenport, FL 33896, but the house is so new, it doesn't show up on Google Maps, Yahoo Maps or Mapquest. We didn't find traffic to be that bad. We were only 2 miles down Hwy 27. Maybe we just got lucky, but the drive really wasn't bad. We never tried the "back way" in, so can't tell you how that drive would be.

Terry

hollyb
06-09-2006, 08:33 AM
Thanks being from NJ we are use to traffic and traffic back ups. This sounds like a dream for us. LOL

Brian Noble
06-09-2006, 01:40 PM
Our first stay was in Glenbrook. Perfectly pleasant place, and (except for one large accident on 192 that delayed us *significantly*), an easy drive. It wasn't as short as it can be though. I'd say 10-15 minutes (depending) to Sherbeth Rd, and another 5-10 to most destinations within the World. Our second stay was in Windsor Hills. More expensive, smaller, but closer---no parking lot was more than 12 minutes away, and most were under 10.

Now I tend to focus my search to the arc from Lindfields to Indian Ridge. We come back for breaks mid-day, so an extra 10 minutes matters to us. If you don't come and go, staying farther out can save you quite a bit. It all depends on what you are looking for.

RachaelRol
06-09-2006, 03:12 PM
We're renting one for the first time. Its [www.villaprincessflorida.com. We paid 1175 for seven nights. There are 12 of us going. I'm excited and a little nervous. Its our fourth trip for DH and I, but our first offsite and with the my family...

The couple is very nice too.

Edited to correct URL.

daystar
06-12-2006, 12:56 PM
Last time my family went to disney we stayed on property, now my family wants to experience the outside of disney but still keep disney in our vacation plans..After checking out some of these web sites that were suggested i think i'm pretty much sold..
I was talking to my sister about these vacation houses now her family would like to go..Has anyone ever shared a vacation home with relatives???Is the price fixed on family or just the week..Most of the rates i have looked at have been rated for the week..My sister thought if we rent a large house we could all stay together..
Also she is a clean freak how clean are these places..She hates staying at hotels because she finds them dirty or something to complain about..Has anyone ever stayed at one at Christmas???Thanks for all your help

chip91
06-12-2006, 01:30 PM
"I was talking to my sister about these vacation houses now her family would like to go..Has anyone ever shared a vacation home with relatives???Is the price fixed on family or just the week..Most of the rates i have looked at have been rated for the week..My sister thought if we rent a large house we could all stay together..
Also she is a clean freak how clean are these places..She hates staying at hotels because she finds them dirty or something to complain about"

I have stayed in a rental home with family..My parents, sister, bil, dn, & grandma stayed with my family.. We had a 5 br 3.5 ba, and it was GREAT to have my own room to "get-away" from them, but also great to have others help with my kids, sit by the pool with, etc.. And couldn't go wrong on the cost, it cost my dh & I 325.00 for a week, included our share of pool heat & bbq grill..Couldn't go wrong on eating quick breakfasts there (cheap too) we made eggs & pancackes most days.. mid day break for us was hectic so we only did it 1x, stayed in the Sunset Lakes community and the longest it took us was about 30 minutes to get to the ticket gates of MK, 10 minutes to AK ticket gate, probably 15-20 for Epcot & MGM, this was 1st week of October & to me traffic was nuts, but I come from Po-dunk town, USA. population about 500 with no stop and go lights in my town!

Good luck!
Chip

Time4Orlando
06-22-2006, 08:33 AM
You can also try this website:

www.DoOrlando.com

They have vacation homes on sale currently.

minnie29uk
06-22-2006, 02:32 PM
You can also try this website:

www.DoOrlando.com

They have vacation homes on sale currently.

For sale or for rent?

Lynn

crjack
06-23-2006, 11:50 AM
Last time my family went to disney we stayed on property, now my family wants to experience the outside of disney but still keep disney in our vacation plans..After checking out some of these web sites that were suggested i think i'm pretty much sold..
I was talking to my sister about these vacation houses now her family would like to go..Has anyone ever shared a vacation home with relatives???Is the price fixed on family or just the week..Most of the rates i have looked at have been rated for the week..My sister thought if we rent a large house we could all stay together..
Also she is a clean freak how clean are these places..She hates staying at hotels because she finds them dirty or something to complain about..Has anyone ever stayed at one at Christmas???Thanks for all your help

Every time we have rented a pool home we have shared it with family members. We're only a family of four so typically for just us we rent a condo.

The price per week is the total price - not per family so they truly are a terrific value when you share the cost.

For us the key points when sharing a home is the size and bed configuration. We make sure we have plenty of king/queen/twin beds to accomodate everyone. We have only shared with one other family at a time so typically we get two master suites and then bedrooms for the kids, which is never difficult to find. Our kids actually like sharing a room with friends or cousins so that part is easy. As long as the adults all have their own bed & bath to retreat to we're good.

The two homes we have rented previously were very clean when we arrived. Most homes are cleaned prior to your arrival and again when you leave.

We really like sharing a pool home. Our kids enjoy having other children there and the extra space keeps us from getting on top of each other. You have to gauge your compatibility though with the family and traveling habits of course but financially you can't go wrong.

Good luck.

MickeyP
06-28-2006, 04:40 PM
We are renting for the first time too. I happen to think our family of 6 will be happier in a whole house with a pool, hottub, gameroom, big-screen tv, motor-scooters, etc. I feel like Disney brainwashed me into thinking staying onsite is the only way to enjoy Disney. I couldn't fit 6 people into one of their rooms, even if 2 are babies. PLUS, try this on for size......130.00 /night!!!
And, now we can go to Universal, Seaworld, Capone's, Dixie Stampede, Outtacontrol Wonderworks, Chocolate Night, etc. Can't wait!!!!

daystar
06-28-2006, 05:28 PM
Is there a security fee that you pay on top of your weekly rate??Also the screen rooms in the backyards are they for the bugs, i don't want to sound dumb but i've notice them in all the Florida's houses and where i come from we don't have them..Thanks again

isla bonita
06-28-2006, 05:37 PM
Daystar

The screened in enclosure is for bugs and any other creepy crwleys. We have a pool in our rental home and we can enjoy our pool 24-7. Our pool in RI does not have this feture and when dusk rolls around it rots being out side watching the kids.

I am also hoping it keeps big creepy crawlers out such as gator. They have said there is one in EI and I am sure there is were there is water there is potential for gators. Just hoping not in my pool area. So far so good. LOL

Hasil72
06-30-2006, 10:18 AM
Good morning!

I would definitely recommend renting a home in the I-192 area around MM4-5. It was only a ten minute drive to Disney. We had themed kids rooms, spa tubs, game rooms, the list goes on, for less than most WDW hotel rooms. If you look at some of the maps, you are about the same distance as the AKL or ASR.

There are some really great rental companies but you will find that they charge a little more than booking directly from the owner. The tradeoff is that they don't charge the refundable $500 security deposit when you make your final payment and they ask for final payment 30 days prior rather than 60 or 90 days. One company, www.allstarvacationhomes.com runs specials that include spa heat and a rental car. They also offer a lot of information about that area of homes. Most agencies offer virtual tours of the specific property that you want. A great individual site is www.VRBO.com. Enter Kissimmee as the city you're looking for and it will sort the homes by development.

We have stayed in several in several homes in that area. Some developments are Oak Island Cove, Oak Island Harbour, Formosa Gardens, Windsor Hills & Windsor Palms, Rolling Hills, and Emerald Island. One thing to warn you about is that with the exception of Formosa Gardens, there's not much space in between properties.

It was fabulous to be able to have the room to move, let the kids run around and play, swim, etc. We could relax at night out on the lanai while the kids were in bed because the home had baby monitors and all sorts of gear that we didn't need to pack. They have both Super Target and Super Walmart to save on snacks & meals. We froze juice boxes and water bottles for the parks.

We traveled last year with the grandparents as well as my younger brother and his girlfriend. Having the house worked out well. Everyone had their own space (and bathroom,TV, etc) and could come and go as they pleased. I used to stay on site only until we began renting homes. Now we're planning our next trip and I'm really torn.

If you need any info, email me and I'll be happy to share. DH says I'm full of obscure planning knowledge.

Have a great time! :sunny:

MickeyP
06-30-2006, 09:01 PM
This is where I'm staying............someday.

www.vrbo.com/37077

Hasil72
07-01-2006, 06:50 PM

www.vrbo.com/37077

:cool1: Isn't that the best!! So far, it's a little out of my budget but I keep hoping. Just be make sure to check out the owner's site, they have the prices listed for the next three years and they're a little different than what's listed on VRBO.

daystar
07-01-2006, 09:44 PM

www.vrbo.com/37077

That's house is beautiful...I would love to rent that house but i don't think my sister would go for the price...

llchart
07-02-2006, 12:09 AM
My husband's family lives in Orlando. For 17 years we've been going to Orlando. It wasn't so bad when it was just he and I, but now that we have three kids. Our requirements changed... Let me paint a picture...

First Child... We would stay in a hotel. We typically ended up hiding in the bathroom because our son would not go to sleep when he could see us... Doesn't that sound like fun? UGH!

Second Child... We stayed in suites. Hey, at least there were two room and we had a sofa. The problem was that my husband and I did not get to share a bed, as we had to separate the two children. Each of us took one child. Of course, I had the one that wiggled the entire night. UGH!

Third Child... Rented a Condo. Still not enough beds for all, but at least there was a sofa for the one acting up. I absolutely HATED going to pool though. It would take the kids 15 minutes to get ready, another 15 minutes to get to the pool, rarely ever found a free lounge chair, then another 15 minutes back to the unit. I use to dread, "Mommy, can we go swimming."

No forth, but older and wiser... About 5 years ago, we rented a home. This was paradise compared to everything else. Full Kitchens, pool just a few feet away, garage, toys and more...

In google, type "Disney Homes Online" and you will get a bunch of sites that home rentals.

The one thing I do suggest is making sure that there are comments in their guestbooks. I wouldn't trust a home that doesn't have any comments.

I have also found that not all homes are created equal. If a home is giving you a "great deal", I would be leary. I would also rent straight from a homeowner and not the rental company. I've had friends that have "booked" one home through a management company only to arrive and be given the keys to another.

A 4 Bedroom should run between $100-$120 on average.

Oh, the other bit of information... Most rental homes "advertise" the distance or drive time to Disney World... Just to set things straight. Most of the vacation rentals are 5-15 minutes to the Disney exit off of Hwy 192 and most of the homes are near the intersection of Hwy 27/Hwy 192.

Keep in mind that reguardless of where you are staying (even onsite) that it could take another 1-15 minutes to get to the parks. 3 of the 4 Disney parks are close to Hwy 192 which is perfect for all the vacation rentals. Magic Kingdom is the furthest away and Downtown Disney is sort of in the middle. So pick the home that best suites your families interests, needs and price.

Enjoy!

sames1
07-02-2006, 09:57 AM
I've stayed in several vacation homes before I bought one myself.

After being in cramped hotel rooms with my family, a home is a breath of fresh air There is so much room, and private bedrooms, and most important, more than one bathroom.

It's worth staying at a Disney resort a few times. They are really themed well and it's an experience. Once that wears off however, there is nothing like going back to a real home.

When I was renting I found the most frustrating thing is in booking the home. You have to find a vacation site, then find the home that fits, and fire off messages to various owners to find availability. Each owner has a different set of rules too.

It's not like booking the Marriott where you simply can get a room anytime because they have hundreds of them. Even if you have a favorite home and have used it several times, it might be booked the next time you want to go there.

Other than that, staying in a vacation home is so much superior to a hotel I don't know why everyone doesn't do it. It can also be cheaper. A Disney Luxury resort is $300 to $500 a night. A vacation home is $100 to $200 a night and can sleep more guests with lots more room and a private pool.

Try it out. I think you'll like it.

sames1
07-02-2006, 10:02 AM
Oh, the other bit of information... Most rental homes "advertise" the distance or drive time to Disney World... Just to set things straight. Most of the vacation rentals are 5-15 minutes to the Disney exit off of Hwy 192 and most of the homes are near the intersection of Hwy 27/Hwy 192.

Keep in mind that reguardless of where you are staying (even onsite) that it could take another 1-15 minutes to get to the parks. 3 of the 4 Disney parks are close to Hwy 192 which is perfect for all the vacation rentals. Magic Kingdom is the furthest away and Downtown Disney is sort of in the middle. So pick the home that best suites your families interests, needs and price.

Enjoy!

True. I advertise 4 miles to Disney, which is true, sort of. It's 4 miles to Disney property, but depending on the park , Magic Kingdom, MGM, EPCOT, or Animal Kingdom, or the water parks it could be several more miles. Disney is huge.

Another thing that people don't consider is the after parade and after fireworks traffic. It might be 10 minutes to the home normally, but when everyone is leaving Disney World and 192 jams up it could be 45 minute to an hour to get home.

daystar
07-04-2006, 09:57 AM
All the surrounding houses around the house rental are they rentals as well??? Most of these houses are in a gated community, is that correct??How far in advance do you put a deposit down for a house???Where is ST.Clouds is that close to wdw???THanks

JANNYANS
07-04-2006, 10:12 AM
Some communities are a mixture of residential and str homes a lot of the new communities are nearly all str where as some of the more esatblished ones have residents.Most of the communities are not gated but all are equally safe .As for the timing of a deposit it depends -if you rent direct from an owner they will require the deposit when you book to secure the dates for you .An agency may allow full payment on arrival .
St Cloud is not exactly on WDW doorstep I would think you will need a car .

magicmouse2
07-04-2006, 10:38 AM
I have searched the whole list on VRBO, to find a few I like that are reasonably priced. The best value one is $600 per week inc tax and its 3 bed, has pool table and fibre optic lighting in pool. Downside is no spa :sad2:
We are seriously thinking of staying in a villa as last time we stayed at the Royal Pacific Resort for 1 week and fotl was great but we felt clostrophobic in the hotel room on a night, I am trying to suss out whether I will need fotl for this upcoming trip for the Universal / offsite part. We are staying 1 week at WDW for free dining and have 2 rooms at POP.

daystar
07-04-2006, 10:47 AM
I have searched the whole list on VRBO, to find a few I like that are reasonably priced. The best value one is $600 per week inc tax and its 3 bed, has pool table and fibre optic lighting in pool. Downside is no spa :sad2:
We are seriously thinking of staying in a villa as last time we stayed at the Royal Pacific Resort for 1 week and fotl was great but we felt clostrophobic in the hotel room on a night, I am trying to suss out whether I will need fotl for this upcoming trip for the Universal / offsite part. We are staying 1 week at WDW for free dining and have 2 rooms at POP.

I read another about free dinning, how are you getting the free dinning??

isla bonita
07-04-2006, 10:54 AM
Day star

St. Cloud is on 192 east. Far from Disney it is all relative. If you live in St. Cloud no if you want to be near the parks it is about 30 miles away. Now where in St. cloud is another story. If that was the cheapest you found to rent that might be why.

Not all rental communities are gated, many communities have owner occupancy, All homes are owned by different people or managed by different co. so all lease and contracts will differ.

Magic mouse for a little more you can get a spa maybe? I am sure no matter you will be paying less to stay in the home so splurge on your vaca and get what you want. I bet you will not be disappointed. Keep looking you might find one for the same price w/ a spa? Good luck in your search.

daystar
07-04-2006, 11:45 AM
On vrbo.com where they have the listings of Central/Disney/Orlando, which one of those are the closest to WDW or maybe in the middle of WDW and Universal???I'm not fimiliar with the outside of WDW, everytime we have stayed we have stayed on property and we did not leave WDW..
The only reason i mentioned ST. Cloud was because that's where a family relative told us to stay because it's closer..
The place i'm looking at now has a pond behind the house..Will there be gators???Also if so will those screen rooms over the pool keep them out???I don't want to sound parinoid but being that close to one with kids makes me nervous...

JANNYANS
07-04-2006, 12:53 PM
This map will help you with the community names .It ios not comprehensive but has the majority of the deveolpments on

Most of the homes are nearer to WDW as the counties there allow the homes to be rnted out for short stay,

As for gators basically where's there's water there are gators but as long as you don't feed them or disturb them you should be ok .