PDA

View Full Version : Easy way to get in VMk early....

Dragonlord11_7
06-03-2006, 07:49 PM
Well, we all are impatient about getting in VMK during opening. I was bored and explored the VMK site one day (long ago) and noticed that the time was considerably longer than I last remember when I left the home page. I returned to the homepage and noticed the time was back to normal! I went to the high scores and noticed the time was a minute less than the home. It actually let me in a minute early! I'm sorry I never took a screen shot of this. To be honest, I thought I had watched too much TV last night and my eyes were playing tricks on me. :happytv:

I'll try to find a screen shot of this strange phenomenon. Also, I've ONLY noticed this on Safari and Firefox. But I haven't checked other browsers.

Loves Disney
06-03-2006, 07:59 PM
Did that for me too and I don't use those servers lol. I am not sure what this computer uses actually lol. :rotfl: I am very computer illiterate lol

Nanoer
06-03-2006, 08:06 PM
he he nano knows how to do that

maliboomer
06-03-2006, 08:31 PM
Unless you have an atomic clock by your computer directly it's probably just miniscule time differences.
There's 1440 minutes in a day, one doesn't change much :).

Nanoer
06-03-2006, 09:02 PM
Unless you have an atomic clock by your computer directly it's probably just miniscule time differences.
There's 1440 minutes in a day, one doesn't change much :).

i have something even better... my computer is linked to the university of time's atomic clock so i can ping it and it'll check that time with mine

DaraAllen
06-03-2006, 11:39 PM
Nano, you REALLY need to get a life!!!!

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:
i have something even better... my computer is linked to the university of time's atomic clock so i can ping it and it'll check that time with mine

BobRichmond
06-04-2006, 01:18 AM
...my computer is linked to the university of time's atomic clock so i can ping it and it'll check that time with mine...
Any Windows XP (and probably other Windows versions) has that capability built in. Just double left click on the time at the bottom right corner of the screen, click on the Internet Time tab, put "time.nist.gov" (no quotes) in the server box, and click the Update Now button.

Nanoer
06-04-2006, 01:37 AM
Nano, you REALLY need to get a life!!!!

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:
I suggest you look at this
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< :rotfl:

CL_BlueReap
06-04-2006, 02:01 AM
Next Time That Happens I Dare Someone To Take A Pic Of Guest Rooms

Hah It Will Be Funny If There Was 1 Room In The Guest Rooms List

tolkien7
06-04-2006, 08:01 AM
Any Windows XP (and probably other Windows versions) has that capability built in. Just double left click on the time at the bottom right corner of the screen, click on the Internet Time tab, put "time.nist.gov" (no quotes) in the server box, and click the Update Now button.

Okay - this was just too cool. It was even worth my husband's eye-rolling when I told him that my computer's clock was now synchronized with the goverment's atomic clock! LOL!

RicksCafe
06-04-2006, 08:35 AM
Let's not forget that there is always the threat of meltdown or mutation when dealing with the atomic clock. So, use those gloves.

Safety first, people!

Ricks (who wants to live to be 103)

DaraAllen
06-04-2006, 09:16 AM
Nano,

I did! That's why I type "REALLY" in "REALLY" BIG letters! Silly!

I suggest you look at this
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< :rotfl:

Cpt.JackSpearow
06-04-2006, 10:04 AM
y gosh to my surprise I did that once and I got in a half an hour early! :cool1:

threeboysmom
06-04-2006, 01:26 PM

Very cool! I just did this and realized that not only was my "time" off, but my "date" was off! I have been living a day behind all you people for who knows how long!!! :rotfl: Pretty scary!! LOL! But thanks to Bob, I'm on the same page again! I just lost a day, but that's okay! Whew! :goodvibes

Captain Brain
06-04-2006, 01:31 PM
Very cool! I just did this and realized that not only was my "time" off, but my "date" was off! I have been living a day behind all you people for who knows how long!!! :rotfl: Pretty scary!! LOL! But thanks to Bob, I'm on the same page again! I just lost a day, but that's okay! Whew! :goodvibes
I have been about 3 minutes off for who knows how long. :rotfl2:

PrincessDonnaT
06-05-2006, 12:52 AM
A Day off...LOL :rotfl2:

AmberDaze
06-05-2006, 01:18 AM
I just did this and realized that not only was my "time" off, but my "date" was off! I have been living a day behind all you people for who knows how long!!!

If you received my daily messages, I would have gotten the day right last Wednesday :)!! :rotfl2:

pinkgalYall
06-05-2006, 09:40 PM
when does vmk opne and close

threeboysmom
06-06-2006, 07:58 AM
when does vmk opne and close

VMK opens at 10:00 am Eastern and closes at 1:00 am Eastern

VMK opens at 9:00 am Central and closes at 12:00 am Central

VMK opens at 7:00 am Pacific and closes at 10:00 pm Pacific

Any other time zones, you're on your own.... :rotfl2:

Laurabearz
06-06-2006, 08:56 AM
If you received my daily messages, I would have gotten the day right last Wednesday :)!! :rotfl2:
Too funny Days.... but true!

Decoy
06-06-2006, 11:12 AM

Why is the Mountain time zone always left out... Even on TV it is always 8pm Eastern and Pacific, 7pm Central... HELLO another 1/4 of the country here...

pinkgalYall
06-06-2006, 12:44 PM

LOL you got mine, central anyway thanks!

AceTobyMac
06-06-2006, 12:53 PM
Well, we all are impatient about getting in VMK during opening. I was bored and explored the VMK site one day (long ago) and noticed that the time was considerably longer than I last remember when I left the home page. I returned to the homepage and noticed the time was back to normal! I went to the high scores and noticed the time was a minute less than the home. It actually let me in a minute early! I'm sorry I never took a screen shot of this. To be honest, I thought I had watched too much TV last night and my eyes were playing tricks on me. :happytv:

I'll try to find a screen shot of this strange phenomenon. Also, I've ONLY noticed this on Safari and Firefox. But I haven't checked other browsers.

It works for me too, I have explore internet and it lets me on sometimes 10 minutes early if im lucky. but usually its only 2-3 minutes early. Then i crash 20- 30 times which sucks. So i dont try to go on early anymore. but firefox wont let me go on vmk for some strange reason. anyway its good that you figured it out!

one morning i was really impatient in getting in to VMK that i changed my computer time to 5 hours earlier so it would be 10:OO the only thing that happened was my computer froze and i had to restart it. SO DONT EVER TRY TO CHANGE THE TIME TO GET ON EARLIER!!! lol :badpc:

BobRichmond
06-06-2006, 09:45 PM
Why is the Mountain time zone always left out... Even on TV it is always 8pm Eastern and Pacific, 7pm Central... HELLO another 1/4 of the country here...
It used to be left out in national TV listings and programs because some stations would use west coast feeds and some stations would use east coast feeds. I do not know if this is different now, but it was when I lived in that time zone (Arizona, 1972-1995).