PDA

View Full Version : Quick, inexpensive trip

Rustyflwr3
06-03-2006, 01:04 PM
Hello!
Well, I am going down to Orlando for two nights just for a quick trip. I am planning on visiting WDW while there, but that isn't the main purpose for the trip. I am trying to get a cheap hotel rate near DTD or close to WDW. Is there a hotel that anyone would recommend for just a quick stay? I appreciate any help! Thanks!

Jess

BonnieA
06-03-2006, 01:35 PM
Here's three that won't bust the budget that I have stayed in. All were great. Quality Inn Maingate west includes free continental breakfast, very close to the back entrance (Sherberth Rd). The next is the Best Western Lakeside, recently remodeled, next to the Quality Inn (meaning just as close). Last one is the Comfort Inn Lake Buena Vista near DTD. This hotel also includes free continental breakfast. I don't think you can go wrong with any of them for basic, clean accomodations.

courage
06-04-2006, 12:27 PM
If you have time to be patient, check Travelzoo everyday. They have the Comfort Inn several times a year for $39 a night. These rooms are nice, clean and just what you are looking for......the only thing is you have to wait for the special code they send out. www.orlandodiscountrooms have nice moderate hotels but they don't have any specials today. Sign up for their newsletter.

Rustyflwr3
06-04-2006, 12:42 PM
Thank you very much for the help! I am definately checking everything out! :) Im going in July..so I don't have too much time, but I do have some! again, i appreciate it!

Jrabbit910
06-04-2006, 01:30 PM
Hi Jess...
One hotel that I do not recommend no matter how cheap and no matter how short your stay is, is the Grosvener... Its gross, smelly, dirty and jsut downright nasty.. Stay Away from that one.

I think any other Downtown hotel is great. :) Enjoy your stay :rotfl:

I-4WDW
06-04-2006, 08:43 PM
The Country Inn & Suites on 535 in Lake Buena Vista near the Hotel Plaza Blvd. entrance to WDW is really nice, and the breakfast is good also (you can make your own waffles)- I am staying there for one night this summer before I transfer to Pop Century

monymony3471
06-21-2006, 05:47 AM
I was looking for something like this as well. Thanks for the suggestions. :cool1:

momoftwodisneykids
06-23-2006, 12:25 PM
We just came back from quickie weekend at WDW. Booked the Sheraton Safari through priceline for $54/night. Used the strategy outlined at bidding 4 travel. Very nice place. Rooms were clean and beds were very comfy. The pool is also great.

Joanne

Rustyflwr3
06-23-2006, 05:10 PM
Thanks everyone for the suggestions! I appreicate it!

kilee
06-25-2006, 06:29 PM
Depending on your travel party size, I was going to recommend Priceline too. It might be a good way to get a great deal on a room. You can usually pick up one of the 3 stars for $40 something a night.