PDA

View Full Version : How long to drive to Sanibel from WDW?

The Mystery Machine
03-12-2001, 07:36 AM
Hi! Hubby and I are planning on going to the beach after WDW, (DD's 4 & 10). I know nothing of FL. Anyway we have decided on the Gulf. Clearwater Beach is 2 1/2 hours away. Sanibel sounds great, but it is further South. How long does it take to drive to Sanibel? Jeannine
HRH/CBR June 2001

AngieIL
03-12-2001, 07:43 AM
It took us four hours to drive from Captiva to WDW, but that included a bathroom break and a stop for a speeding ticket! Sanibel is wonderful, and is a perfect precursor to WDW.

FLgirl1203
03-12-2001, 09:16 AM
I live in Naples (a little further south than Sanibel. Southwest FL is a great way to relax after Disney crazyness! About 3 1/2 - 4 hours (max) is the driving distance. Make sure to go to the Bubble Room on Captiva Island...fun place to eat! Enjoy

dennis99ss
03-13-2001, 07:52 AM
sanibel is great. more sea shells than you can imagine. be sure to bring those beach shoes.

try the sanibel inn. the porches have screens on them. what a great way to sleep, hearing the gulf. also, rooms have refrig.

then, be sure to eat at bubbles, on captiva, and, of course, cheeseburger/cheeseburger. eat a pounnd, get a photo on the wall.

all in all, if sanibel was closer, i'd be there all the time.

Karlad1
03-15-2001, 06:44 PM
I just want to clarify that Clearwater Beach is only 1 and 1/2 hours away from WDW. We made the trip 2 years ago and are planning on doing it again this year. Clearwater Beach is beautiful.
Have fun wherever you decide to go.