PDA

View Full Version : Best DOWNTOWN DISNEY Resort/Best price?

Mickeys.friend
06-02-2006, 02:53 PM
Hi..I am having a difficult time getting all the info I need to help me make a decision on which Downtown Disney hotel to stay in....Which do you like the best for families with kids(4 & 10) and which has the lowest prices? I almost booked on one of those sites that offer you a mystery hotel (in DTD) for $59, but was too afraid to book it...maybe i can get cheaper!? Opinions please! Thanks!

PigletsPal
06-02-2006, 07:03 PM
I would watch out for that mystery hotel. It could very well be the Grovsner and I haven't heard very good things about it for a long time. We stayed for 1 night only in April at the Best Western and I was very surprised how nice it was, not sure how cheap you will fine it.

Good luck

richs52
06-02-2006, 09:42 PM
The Best Western is a fine hotel. We got a great AAA rate last month for a week and really enjoyed our stay. Let me know if you have any questions. I'd be glad to help. :wave2:

utahkennedys
06-02-2006, 10:58 PM
Just curious why it has to be a DTD hotel? There are so many nice places in Orlando, and it always seems to me that those hotels are "tired". But, the last time I stayed in one was the Hilton 15 years ago as a kid, and it was nice then.

CR Resort Fan 4 Life
06-03-2006, 12:02 AM
I stayed at the Grosvenor back in the summer of 1997 & from what I remember it's an ok place to stay but the room was nothing that special. One thing that stood out about it is that every morning when I woke I was freezing cold & had to run outside to get into the sun for a quick second. Lastly the bus service to the WDW parks was horrible. So if you are thinking of staying there, I would advise you to find a better place.

Jenbear
06-10-2006, 10:21 PM
I've stayed at the Hotel Royal Plaza twice and found it very enjoyable and rooms a little bigger than "standard" size. They were closed for almost two years due to hurricane issues and just reopened this spring. If you go on the mousesavers websites they are running some fantastic deals and you can see the property and rooms. The website is www.mousesavers.com.