PDA

View Full Version : Any easy "Rhubarb crisp" recipes out there?

Sheree Bobbins
06-01-2006, 06:54 PM
Tis the season for rhubarb. Does anyone have an easy crisp for me? Thanks. :goodvibes

jiminyC_fan
06-01-2006, 07:51 PM
Oh my, how funny. I just posted arhubarb recipe thread a couple of days ago and didn't get an answer. I DO have a rhubarb crisp recipe for you though.

2 cups strawberries, hulled and quartered
2 cups rhubarb, chopped
3/4 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
4T walnut or canola oil

Toss together strawberries and rhubarb. Place in the bottom of a pie or casserole dish. In a mixing bowl, mix together oats, brown sugar, walnuts and oil. Sprinkle mixture over fruit. Cover lightly with foil and bake in a preheated oven at 375 for about 40-45 minutes, or until golden brown on top.

patchchild
06-03-2006, 07:45 AM
I just got given a HUGE pile of rhubarb from a coworker and so just rediscovered my crisp recipe. Yummy. As a note, you can also chop the rubarb and freeze it for later in the year. I generally make this with frozen strawberries rather than fresh because they're going to get all mushy anyway so they don't have to be that pretty to start with.

Filling
3-4 cups of rhubarb
equal ammount of strawberries
3/4-1 cup of sugar, depending on how sweet you like it

Topping
1 cup flour
2/3 cup sugar
4 tbsp butter

-Mix the filling together until coated with sugar, pour into baking dish. I generally use a round casserole dish so my crisp is tall rather than flat, but any dish that holds the filling will work
-Blend the toppings together very well. The butter needs to have blended into very small pieces.
-Pour topping evenly over the filling, a little heavier around the edges
-Bake at 350 for 45(ish) minutes