PDA

View Full Version : Chubby Thighs

polyk
06-01-2006, 02:17 PM
I hope this is the right place to put this! This was posted quite a while ago and I can't seem to find the info anymore. Not all of us out there are a size two. Some of us have a little too much in the thigh area that causes chaffing. I remember reading about items people used to help in this situation. If anyone else has this problem and has a solution please let me know. :guilty:

nordkin
06-01-2006, 02:28 PM
Body Glide. Best thing ever invented. It stops chaffing and blistering. You can get it at sporting goods stores, hiking, and biking stores. It looks like a stick of deodorant and applies the same way. We use it all the time and never get chaffing or blisters.

maddhatir
06-01-2006, 03:40 PM
someone w hile back posted they actually DID use a stick of deodorant! and it worked quite well. ......thats what she said anyway! :confused3

maddhatir
06-01-2006, 03:43 PM
you can also get a free sample from Monistat, they have a new product that is supposed to help chafing: :)
http://www.soothingcare.com/soothingcare/index_soothing.htm

JeanfromBNA
06-01-2006, 04:04 PM
Use a generous shot of spray-on anti-persperant (sp?)/deodorant wherever you tend to chafe. Wore skirts all the time last september, and had no problems. Works great on feet in sandals, too. :cool1:

Hedy
06-01-2006, 06:53 PM
you can also get a free sample from Monistat, they have a new product that is supposed to help chafing: :)
I'm a fan of the monistant stuff, but it doesn't work on feet.

Blueberry
06-01-2006, 07:05 PM
someone w hile back posted they actually DID use a stick of deodorant! and it worked quite well. ......thats what she said anyway! :confused3

I posted on the fact I used the stick anti-perspirant at WDW on my thighs and it worked wonderful. Body Glide is not available in any store closer than 50 miles away according to their website and someone suggested just use plain old antiperspirant (not deoderant has to have anti-perspirant in it also).

Went to Dollar Tree and bought a men's Power Stick and used it my whole trip last month. It worked wonderful, my thighs did not rub together and chafe and my shorts did not ride up (another big problem for us pooh sized fluffy folks). One day I forgot to reapply after swimming in the hotel pool and my shorts rode up constantly so I know it works well in hot weather.

I highly recommend this as you will have a much more comfortable trip.... :sunny:

maddhatir
06-01-2006, 07:49 PM
I posted on the fact I used the stick anti-perspirant at WDW on my thighs and it worked wonderful. Body Glide is not available in any store closer than 50 miles away according to their website and someone suggested just use plain old antiperspirant (not deoderant has to have anti-perspirant in it also).

Went to Dollar Tree and bought a men's Power Stick and used it my whole trip last month. It worked wonderful, my thighs did not rub together and chafe and my shorts did not ride up (another big problem for us pooh sized fluffy folks). One day I forgot to reapply after swimming in the hotel pool and my shorts rode up constantly so I know it works well in hot weather.

I highly recommend this as you will have a much more comfortable trip.... :sunny:

nice to meet you again! :rotfl2:

i never knew anything like that existed! i am going to try that for my trip this sept...well- i dont think i will wait til then- i will try it out this summer- i usually wear skirts in the summer and sometimes my thighs rub a bit. maybe if i loose a few more pounds (on jenny craig) i wont have to worry about it, but til then.....

Thanks for the tip!

ttfn3
06-01-2006, 07:59 PM
Body Glide. I bought my DH some to use with his swim trunks. It worked great - even in the water. Check sporting good stores and running shoe stores. It's great for other parts of the body that may "rub" also. And it's not sticky.

Mom2DS
06-02-2006, 06:54 AM
Go to http://www.bodyglide.com/ and click on "Where to Buy" down in the right hand corner. You put in your zip code and it tells you what stores have it available in your area.

I didn't have any problems with chafing last time, but it was January, so I wasn't sweating. This time, going in August, think I just might need it! :rolleyes:

mommiepoppins
06-02-2006, 04:05 PM
you are the samplehatir. pixiedust: :disrocks:

Blueberry
06-02-2006, 07:23 PM

i never knew anything like that existed! i am going to try that for my trip this sept...well- i dont think i will wait til then- i will try it out this summer- i usually wear skirts in the summer and sometimes my thighs rub a bit. maybe if i loose a few more pounds (on jenny craig) i wont have to worry about it, but til then.....

Thanks for the tip!

I am using it now whenever I wear shorts..it is working great and not sticky at all. I wear pants to work mostly but will give it a try with skirts this summer when I do wear them. Hope it works for you or others as well as it is working for me.... :sunny:

DebbieTN
06-07-2006, 07:29 PM
I have this problem also. What I do now, when I buy shorts, I make sure they fit all the way up to my crotch and do not hang down in the middle exposing my thighs to each other. :rotfl: I have also bought bike shorts to wear under dresses or you could wear them under regular shorts.

MEG&MINNIE
06-07-2006, 07:41 PM
I too have this problem and was reading on the Dis boards last summer,before my trip, that stick deodorant/antiperspirant worked well. I used "Sure Deoderant Stick" last summer and it worked very well. It's the deoderant I normally use every day(No extra money to spend searching for a specific product) Make sure to reapply after swimming and it also works great under your bra area ,too . :thumbsup2 Happy Planning

scifihippie
06-07-2006, 08:24 PM
Glad to see this post. Hopefully I can prevent this in the future.

When I have gotten blisters, I've used baby diaper rash creme to soothe it. It helps so much. Love the Burt's Bee's baby creme. Cleared it up in one day.

Amirah95
06-07-2006, 09:43 PM
Cortizone cream works good for my DD.

Leigha
06-11-2006, 06:31 AM
It is also easy to get on Drugstore.com. It is $6.59 and comes in a few different kinds!

beattyfamily
06-11-2006, 07:17 AM
I can confirm that BodyGlide works very well for chafing! :thumbsup2

I used to get chafing rashes until I discovered it. What a blessing.

I also use Blistershield roll on for chafing as well and it works VERY well.

What I usually do is put BodyGlide on my feet and Blistershield on my thighs. Has worked well for me for the last 4 or 5 trips.

Bodyglide is available at camping stores and Blistershield is available at sporting good stores. Both are available online. Both are good for chafing AND blisters.

ukeeyorelover
06-11-2006, 07:57 AM
Im not sure if this helps but we have a shop in the UK called the designer depot and at the moment theyre selling some really nice denim shorts that are stretchy, comfortable, lengthy enough to stop chaffing but still a nice length to walk around the parks in. And theyre on special offer...........dropped from 40 to 15!

Just thought id let u know incase you have a 'Designer Depot' too! :Pinkbounc

Chap7
06-12-2006, 07:24 PM
BodyGlide works great!

oogieboogie
06-12-2006, 07:30 PM
If you can't find BodyGlide or don't want to pay the price, a great thing to use is Arrid Extra Dry Cream - http://www.cvs.com/Assets/images_product_large/143462.jpg

DH has been using it for 2 years now, and not one day has he chafed. Walmart, CVS, Walgreens carry it and it's less than $3.00 for a tin. We usually only use 1/2 tin for a 10 day trip. DH slathers it on in the morning and it's good for the whole day, even in 90 degree weather.

The key is keeping the chafing area dry, when it's dry it won't rub. The friction when wet is what causes the chafing.

aubriee
06-15-2006, 04:25 AM
If you can't find BodyGlide or don't want to pay the price, a great thing to use is Arrid Extra Dry Cream - http://www.cvs.com/Assets/images_product_large/143462.jpg

DH has been using it for 2 years now, and not one day has he chafed. Walmart, CVS, Walgreens carry it and it's less than $3.00 for a tin. We usually only use 1/2 tin for a 10 day trip. DH slathers it on in the morning and it's good for the whole day, even in 90 degree weather.

The key is keeping the chafing area dry, when it's dry it won't rub. The friction when wet is what causes the chafing.

I can vouch for this! It works great (even though I also carry along Body Glide and Avon Anitiblister shield just in case). I usually apply the Arrid cream to my feet, wait a few minutes then apply the Avon antiblister cream, then use bodyglide on my thighs.

dyna
06-15-2006, 11:13 AM
I myself haven't had a problem using the antiperpirant on my thighs but my DD did and got big red painful bumps if you goin to go this route I'd recommend trying at home before using it at disney.

zoomsharedisney
06-15-2006, 11:24 AM
Well I sent away for the monistat creme - thanks for the link. I used BodyGlide in January and didn't have any problems. I am returning in August and I am so scared that I'll end up chafed and have a horrible vacation. I plan on taking BodyGlide and whatever other products I can find. I've never seen the Arid tin that was mentioned a few posts ago.

helenm29
06-15-2006, 02:27 PM
I just got back from a week in Disneyland and all I used was a clear stick antiperspirant! it worked just fine for me and believe me...I am not a toothpick! I even used it on the bottom of my feet and the back and front of my legs! my husband thought I was NUTS :rotfl2: but HE doesn't have that problem! I am still toying with the idea of Body Glide though...I don't know if it's really worth the $$$$. What do you "users" thing out there?

JulielovesDisney
06-15-2006, 07:01 PM
Simple baby powder works great for me! It also keeps you cool in the heat. I used it last summer, and I put it all over, and I didn't sweat nearly as bad as I usually do. And I get sticky and nasty in the humidity, and the baby powder helped with that, along with chafing.

MEG&MINNIE
06-15-2006, 07:39 PM
Like I had posted earlier ...I used "Sure--Antipersperant/Deodorant Stick" last August and it worked well....no problems and no extra expense !!!

maddhatir
06-15-2006, 08:28 PM
Like I had posted earlier ...I used "Sure--Antipersperant/Deodorant Stick" last August and it worked well....no problems and no extra expense !!!

i just need to know if you use the clear or the white kind?? b/c i tried the clear and it felt kinda sticky! :guilty:

Well I sent away for the monistat creme - thanks for the link. I used BodyGlide in January and didn't have any problems. I am returning in August and I am so scared that I'll end up chafed and have a horrible vacation. I plan on taking BodyGlide and whatever other products I can find. I've never seen the Arid tin that was mentioned a few posts ago.

just a fyi- i ordered mine forever-a-go and still have not received it! dont hold your breath! :rotfl:

MEG&MINNIE
06-16-2006, 07:09 PM
i just need to know if you use the clear or the white kind?? b/c i tried the clear and it felt kinda sticky! :guilty:

just a fyi- i ordered mine forever-a-go and still have not received it! dont hold your breath! :rotfl:
I actually used the "white" stick ...they have nice scents too , like baby powder!!!

pperfectmom
06-19-2006, 02:22 PM
I just bought some of the Body Glide from Dick's Sporting Goods. I don't remember exactly how much it was but it was no more than 6 or 7 dollars. It will definately be worth it if it stops the middle-aged jiggly thigh rash syndrome. I'm taking it to the beach in a couple of weeks to put it to the test. Walking on the beach with a wet bathing suit always ends in pain and discomfort, so wish me luck!

Pdowning98
06-19-2006, 03:01 PM
I purchased Body Glide for my trip that was in May to WDW at REI. It was $7.95 for the smaller of the 2 sizes. I believe the bigger one was $8.95 or 9.95. I loved it. No chafing or blisters and it was not greasy. I have already gone and gotten more for use when we are out and about this summer. :thumbsup2

maddhatir
06-19-2006, 03:23 PM
got my sample of the Monistat chafing gel! :banana:

well......i guess now i gotta go somewhere to walk around a lot in the heat and try it out because its not an everyday just walking around kinda problem............hmmmm. :scratchin

spiceycat
06-19-2006, 03:55 PM
I have used baby powder before.... (okay you need to reapply it sometimes)

wrldpossibility
06-19-2006, 08:37 PM

Thanks for the tip!

Just wanted to encourage anyone currently trying to lose weight...I used to have problems with rubbing too, but recently lost 45 pounds, and now that I'm my "ideal" weight (or whatever they call it), I never have that problem! So keep it up! I know that's not what the thread is about, but since I saw so many posted with weight loss tickers, I'd try to encourage! :banana:

snyderla
06-19-2006, 08:52 PM
Do any of you remember the post from the woman who used mole skin on her thighs? What ever you do, DO NOT USE MOLE SKIN ON YOUR THIGHS! The post was really funny (it was a couple of years ago probably), she is a talented writer, but wow, I learned from her mistake for sure! I have a balm from avon that I bought on sale.

razamataz
06-19-2006, 10:29 PM
Well, I have to say that this is a pretty interesting thread. I have had this issue every summer since I was a teenager. And back then, I was skinny, little thing.

I am sure that the humidity of the south plays a factor in this problem.

Thanks for sharing all of the great information!!!!

sammielynn
06-20-2006, 06:29 AM
I always take Blistershield. My DS14 always has a problem with chafing. Since the discovery of Blistershield not a problem. My DS16 had a hot spot on his heel and I handed him the blistershield and made him use it and he could not believe the difference.
I took some to Band Camp last year and several of the students used it on their feet and had instant results. I suggested to several of them to use their deodorant for the thigh problem and they acted like I had three heads. The ones that tried it thought I knew everything! :rotfl:

maddhatir
06-20-2006, 07:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddhatir
nice to meet you again!

Thanks for the tip!
Just wanted to encourage anyone currently trying to lose weight...I used to have problems with rubbing too, but recently lost 45 pounds, and now that I'm my "ideal" weight (or whatever they call it), I never have that problem! So keep it up! I know that's not what the thread is about, but since I saw so many posted with weight loss tickers, I'd try to encourage! :banana:

Thanks for the encouragement! I think Jenny is easy because the food is not too bad. Weekends are hard- lots of partying! :smooth: but i still manage to loose when i step on the scale!

its not that i get blisters or chafing-- sometimes my thighs just rub (because i like to wear skirts instead of shorts-- if i wear shorts- i am OK) and it gets uncomfortable

i am now @ 128--- 8 more to go :banana: and will STILL have this problem i am sure! :rotfl2:

Liliyana
06-22-2006, 10:20 AM
I never had this problem until I moved to Tennessee :darth: Grrrrrr. The use of talc powder is a bit controversial, so I order a non-talc powder from a favorite etailer of mine- you can get it in *hundreds* of scents, including versions of designer perfumes. Oh, and chocolatey scents too, muhaha. I had thigh-chub rashes and they're gone as long as I apply this stuff :love: If anyone else is interested, PM me, since apparently we can't post links like that?

christinadei
06-22-2006, 12:17 PM
I wonder if spray antipersperant works as well as the stick kind? It seems like it woudl be easier to put on feet, etc. MOre sanitary too if you are sharing.

MEG&MINNIE
06-22-2006, 02:50 PM
I think that the spray works OK for the feet , but I'm not sure about the other areas ???Anyone out there have an answer ? Thanks :sunny:

Blueberry
06-22-2006, 06:20 PM
I think that the spray works OK for the feet , but I'm not sure about the other areas ???Anyone out there have an answer ? Thanks :sunny:

I tried the spray on my feet last year, but my mistake is I did not wear socks and sneakers, but my sandals...bad move!!! It discolored my sandals and my feet kept sliding all day inside my sandals, so I do not recommend this if you wear sandals.....:(