PDA

View Full Version : Disney Birthday Cake

goofydiz
05-27-2006, 02:02 PM
I was interested in purchasing a Birthday cake for my daughter when we go in July. From what I gather it's a 6" cake for $7.99 and it's from the Goodings Bakery in CrossRoads. Is this correct? Do they deliver to the room? Does anyone have a picture of what it may look like?

CarnotaurDad
05-30-2006, 04:54 PM
You can order a cake at almost every sit down restaurant. They keep a stash in the back. Ours was chocolate with chocolate icing and a sugar Mickey Happy Birthday on top. It is $12.50 and they will bring it to your table (for that size). I recommend calling a few days in advance to confirm and remind at check-in.

I don't even like cake and it was awesome. We took ours back to the room and ate it all week. We said we were going to get a cake at our first dining every trip just to bring it back to the room and fullfill our late night cravings once our DD has passed out.

The Disney delivery charges are very high. You can also pick up at cake at the Boardwalk Bakery or the Grand Floridian bakery. More choices in ordering there compared to the restaurants.
good luck.
Karen

goofydiz
05-30-2006, 09:42 PM
What size what the cake for $12.50? And did they have other sizes available?

CarnotaurDad
05-31-2006, 09:31 AM
The size was a 6" and feed the three of us for several days. You can order larger and the price goes up. I was pleased to find that when ordering a gluten free cake for my sil that they did not charge extra (for those with celiac issues).
Karen