PDA

View Full Version : How do you get wrinkles out of rain ponchos?

Kitty 34
05-27-2006, 12:22 PM
Is there any helpful tips on getting wrinkles out of those yellow Disney ponchos? They've been stuffed away in a small suitcase for two years!! :blush:

robertchance
05-27-2006, 01:06 PM
try soaking in hot water for a half hour and then put onto hanger and hang in the sun for a few hours

powellrj
05-27-2006, 06:28 PM
stick them in the dryer for just a minute. If you only leave them in a minute, they will be warm when you take them out, but they will be wrinkle free.

englishteacha
05-27-2006, 06:53 PM
Hang them on a hanger in the bathroom while you're showering. The steam should help with the wrinkles (at least it works on clothing). Whenever I put something in the dryer to "dewrinkle" it I also toss in a damp towel so there will be some steam, too. I've never tried with plastic, though. If you put them in the dryer, make sure it's on low!

Kitty 34
05-30-2006, 07:24 PM
Great ideas! Thanks :)

jezebella
05-31-2006, 04:51 PM
I hardly iron my clothes, much less my poncho's.... :rotfl2:

Kitty 34
06-01-2006, 06:21 AM
I hardly iron my clothes, much less my poncho's.... :rotfl2:

I know that's how I am but that's how horribly wrinkled my ponchos are!!! :rotfl2:

ZoZo
06-01-2006, 06:59 PM
I also recommend using the clothes dryer (on "warm"). Just leave them in for a minute or two, and put in a couple of towels, too, to give them something to "tumble" with. Take them out immediately and the wrinkles disappear.

(I use this method when I wash my shower curtain liner - works like a charm!)

bdg100
06-01-2006, 10:49 PM
Is there any helpful tips on getting wrinkles out of those yellow Disney ponchos? They've been stuffed away in a small suitcase for two years!! :blush:

Simple, just open up a can of "Who give's a rip" apply liberally over the wrinkled area, hang them and let them dry for 30 minutes and forget about them. :smooth:

daisyduck123
06-03-2006, 07:50 AM
Simple, just open up a can of "Who give's a rip" apply liberally over the wrinkled area, hang them and let them dry for 30 minutes and forget about them. :smooth:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

My thoughts exactly!

PTownGirls
06-03-2006, 06:05 PM
I laughed so hard when I read this post..The dryer does work. I've done it many times...but deep down inside I so want to be a "who the rip cares"...I just cant settle tho when my poncho is wrinkled. :rotfl:

Rella Bella
06-03-2006, 06:11 PM
:teeth: QUICK!! Carefully fold and put in the trash... then go to dollar store and buy new tiny disposable rain ponchos (2 for $1) that don't ever have to be messed with again.
I know you made an investment when you bought the yellow wonders but cut your losses and get out now while you still have your sanity!! ;)

Kitty 34
06-04-2006, 12:30 PM
:teeth: QUICK!! Carefully fold and put in the trash... then go to dollar store and buy new tiny disposable rain ponchos (2 for $1) that don't ever have to be messed with again.
I know you made an investment when you bought the yellow wonders but cut your losses and get out now while you still have your sanity!! ;)

That's why we bought the Disney ones in the first place!! We had brought with us a bunch of those plastic $1 kind but heck the storm was over by the time we even got it half way separated!!! :rotfl2:

lsjones
06-04-2006, 10:15 PM

:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Judge Fudge
06-05-2006, 03:47 PM
I recommend an iron set to cotton with no steam. Definitately no steam, that would ruin them. :rotfl: