PDA

View Full Version : What to serve with Hot Dogs?

Disney Cakers
05-23-2006, 11:35 AM
This may seem like a weird question... but what do you like to serve with your hot dogs?

I love hot dogs - but I always end up with just that! I was curious to see what others serve with theirs (like corn on the cob, or baked potato) and maybe someone actually has a vegetable they like with hot dogs that isn't a starch? LOL :rotfl2:

Trish Bessette
05-23-2006, 12:09 PM
During the winter time since I live up north I usually just serve french fries with them.

During the summer, I love to make my homemade baked beans, deviled eggs, potato salad or baked red potatos on the grill, macaroni salad, taco salad, pickles, chips, watermelon slices. Is your mouth watering yet? ;)

Trish Bessette
05-23-2006, 12:09 PM
During the winter time since I live up north I usually just serve french fries with them.

During the summer, I love to make my homemade baked beans, deviled eggs, potato salad or baked red potatos on the grill, macaroni salad, taco salad, pickles, chips, watermelon slices. Is your mouth watering yet? ;)

Plus, I make a great michigan sauce to top the hotdogs with. Add chopped onions and its a winner!

EeyoreFan1
05-23-2006, 03:59 PM
French fries, and potato chips. French fries are a vegtable ;)

Disney Cakers
05-23-2006, 05:06 PM
LOL yes, my mouth is watering now! I'm HUNGRY!

thanks for the replies

arminnie
05-25-2006, 02:27 PM
Cole slaw is a real vegetable that could be served.

I like the Chicago dogs that have tomato, cucumber, etc. on them.

ktulu
05-25-2006, 02:52 PM
Chili, or hamburger on the side.

Fries are good too.

I hate this diet...

theprincess
05-27-2006, 11:48 AM
macaroni salad

sha_lyn
06-03-2006, 06:58 PM
we usually have slaw and potato chips(or frech fries) with hotdogs.
On occasion we will have 3 bean salad or a tossed salas instead of slaw.

Honeybehr1
06-04-2006, 10:10 PM
In the winter its Mac-n-Cheese. In the summer, it can be as simple as some chips and green beans. The local corn doesnt come out till August so its a long wait for that. Yellow/summer squash is great too.

Zandy595
06-05-2006, 11:24 AM
I usually serve canned corn with hotdogs. Sometimes I'll make mac & cheese or fries too, but I don't normally like to double up on starches (bun). Occasionally I'll heat up some canned baked beans also.

Liliyana
06-28-2006, 09:03 AM
Not a veggie, but we usually have pierogies (fried in butter) with our hot dogs! That was the norm where I grew up and the hot dog shops there almost always serve 'em.

Kimmielee
07-02-2006, 10:22 PM
Plus, I make a great michigan sauce to top the hotdogs with. Add chopped onions and its a winner!

I've lived in Michigan all my life... and I have no idea.... what is michigan sauce? :confused3

vanyel
07-02-2006, 10:36 PM
I love hot dogs w/sauerkraut. Maybe it's a PA thing but that's one of my favorites. Another favorite is w/ baked beans.

If it's a hot dog in a bun, french fries or potato/macaroni salad.

bbangel
07-05-2006, 12:46 PM
In the summer - deviled eggs or potato salad and cut veggies (carrots and broccoli etc.) with dip.
In the winter - usually a green salad or a winter soup (like squash)
Yum, now I'm hungry. Good thing it's almost lunchtime!

Belle's Mom Tink
07-25-2006, 11:31 AM
I go with Bake beans, mainly in the summer, or french fries...but I also loooove hot dogs and mac and cheese. :teeth:

Connie of Trenton
07-25-2006, 04:19 PM
Potato chips go well, some sort of pasta salad or macaroni and cheese, I love baked beans even though most of my family doesn't eat them. I even like them alone-boiled or grilled.

sha_lyn
07-25-2006, 10:16 PM
For DD's up coming birhtday cookout we are having hotdogs/burgers/grilled chicken
the sides we are having are
Asian Slaw
Red skinned potato salad
veggies and dip
baked beans
fruit plate