PDA

View Full Version : Le Cellier or Concourse?

mxtiger67
05-17-2006, 02:53 PM
I'm debating between those two. Any suggestions or experiences. We've never been to Disney and it'd be our first experience.

Dreamfinder2
05-17-2006, 03:36 PM
Le Cellier is the hands-down easy choice for me. Our one experience at Concourse Steakhouse wasn't awful by any means, but they just seemed to be off their game that night - spotty service and a gristly steak.

Le Cellier has never disappointed, and the mushroom filet - something of their signature dish - is nicely presented and gloriously tender and flavorful. Add cheese soup and pretzel bread, and I think you're in for a treat.

wdw4us2
05-17-2006, 03:58 PM
I second what Dreamfinder said.

Besides, Le Cellier is worthwhile even if you're only having cheese soup! :teeth:

estnh
05-17-2006, 03:59 PM
There really is no comparison--LeCellier is head and shoulders above the Concourse, in terms of food quality, ambience, and particularly service.

The Concourse is OK at best, while LeCellier is one of the better restaurants in the Disney family. On our last two visits to Concourse the food was passable but the service was AWFUL. There is nothing special about the atmosphere at the Concourse--it essentially is a lobby restaurant at the Contemporary Resort, and can also be uncomfortably noisy as a result to its proximity to Chef Mickeys. IMO, its not worth a special trip to the Concourse.

On each visit to LeCellier, I expect the restaurants popularity to start effecting the quality, but, knock on wood, this has not happened. In my opinion, it actually has gotten better over the past few years.

kcashner
05-17-2006, 04:54 PM
Le Cellier--no contest!

Wonderful food, great service....everyone was totally friendly. The kid desserts are fun to look at even if you don't have little people.

Concourse was "just ok." No comparison.

Amyrlin
05-17-2006, 05:36 PM
Le Cellier, much better :)

byoung
05-17-2006, 08:34 PM
Concourse is very good .

currycook
05-17-2006, 10:20 PM
Le Cellier without a doubt. The food and atmosphere are better.

mxtiger67
05-18-2006, 06:55 AM
Thank you everyone for replies, Le Cellier it is! :cool1:

Ariel8676
05-18-2006, 07:04 AM
I have to agree with Le Cellier!! Cheese soup is so yummy!!!!! My girls also loved it and can't wait to go back!