PDA

View Full Version : Epcot or MK for my 2 and 5 year old ?

welovedisneyfamily
04-03-2001, 06:35 AM
We are definetly doing AK and MGM, but last year I was a bit disapointed in MK with the kids. Now that they're a bit older should I take them back or go to EPCOT instead ?

tinaluis
04-03-2001, 07:03 AM
My girls (ages 2 and 4) loved EPCOT. They didn't really get into the World Showcase but they loved all of the attractions at the beginning of the park, Spaceship Earth, the Living Seas, Honey I Shrunk the Audience, etc. In fact, every time we visit WDW they ask if we're going back there.

pajamommy
04-03-2001, 07:35 AM
I was just curious as to what you were disappointed about? I'd think kids that age would love MK. My kids (4 and 2) love it, and although they have fun at Epcot, MK is definitely their favorite! They also like the Boneyard at AK, where they can run around as much as they can!!

http://www.wdwinfo.com/sites/easter/14a.gif

'84-Offsite
'95-DxL
'97-WL
'00-PO
'01-DxL
'02-DVC??

Alison Wonderland
04-03-2001, 08:22 PM
Definitely the Magic Kingdom. If you read these boards and also the other info on this site you will pick up a lot of helpful info and tips that will make your vacation better.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/sites/rmdan/hookanim.gif

Ecdubfan
04-03-2001, 08:30 PM
Definitely MK with young children. Epcot seems geared towards much older tastes. My kids enjoyed parts of Epcot, but they also were bored quite a bit.

Christmas 1979
July 1989 offsite
July 1996 Offsite
August 1999 Offsite
March 2000 Offsite (Fairfield Cypress Palms - new owners)
Feb 2001 - All Star Sports

kimartyraye@att.net
04-03-2001, 10:20 PM
At 2 & 5 now, they should surely love MK (with all the characters) over Epcot (w/o hardly any characters). I'm WAY over that age and still prefer MK over Epcot any day! Epcot is geared for older kids, Especially World Showcase (yawn for me). I actually have had to remind my DS, 13, about all the rides in MK that HE will enjoy even more than his 3 yo sister will! (6/01)

Try making Epcot 1/2 day trips, evening trips, etc. just to "test the waters". See what the kids like the most then, plan accordingly.

Enjoy yourselves!!

kimartyraye@att.net

Bouncy
04-04-2001, 05:00 AM
I would say definately MK.
My three loved MK but found Epcot a bit overwhelming although they enjoyed some of the shows.

http://dingo.care-mail.com/photos/2407a.gif

http://www.uselessgraphics.com/shk26.gif

Poohmom
04-04-2001, 02:51 PM
I'd say MK wins hands down IMHO.

We tried Epcot the last two years (this year our kids were 2, 5 & 7), and we won't go back until their much older. So much is over their heads. We did love MGM though!

Have fun whatever you decide.

welovedisneyfamily
04-04-2001, 03:07 PM
Last year all I could recall doing with my 1 and 4 year old was getting on the Pooh and Dumbo ride. I thought everything else was to much for them. Any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks

padams
04-04-2001, 03:33 PM
We have been to WDW each year for the last 3 years with DSs now 3 and 5. DS' favorite park is MK. On all 3 trips, they rode every ride at MK for which they are tall enough, except I didn't let older ds ride space mountain this year (even though he is tall enough). JMHO, I think there is a lot more to do at MK than MGM for kids this age.

eeyore0662
04-04-2001, 05:19 PM
Even though my DD loves MK the very, very best, she still likes Epcot much better than I do!!! The rides there, except Body Wars and Fast Track, are all tame, and the kids are fascinated with the fountains. The countries in World Showcase have kids activities also. You might want to skip some of the exhibits, though---they can get boring to a kid---even a 30 something kid ;) I think the 5 yo will like Illuminations too. You might just want to go even if for only 1/2 day--maybe split the day with AK or something :)
But, if I were choosing between them---I'd say MAGIC KINGDOM above and beyond ANY of the other parks!!!!!! It is the epitome of Disney Magic, and nothing else at Disney World could ever match up!!!! Probably the 5 year old will be more interested in the other rides like Peter Pan, Haunted Mansion, Buzz Lightyear, Goofy's Barnstormer, Pirates of the Caribbean, and much, much more this year. Your family might have to split up on some rides to keep both kids happy. They are not going to like the same rides at this point in their lives, and really there is nothing there, short of Alien Encounter, Space Mountain, and perhaps Splash and Big Thunder Mountains that should be too much for your 5 year old. Your DS will love it, although her taste may run to Winnie the Pooh, Small World, the Carousel, Dumbo, and Peter Pan! They would probably both love to explore Tom Sawyer's Island also! And don't forget to take them to see Country Bear Jamboree:)
My suggestion would be 1 day MK, 1 day AK, 1/2 day Epcot, and 1/2 day to full day at MGM--there really is less at MGM and Epcot for that age group than the other 2 parks.

Have a Wonderful day, Eeyore

[This message was edited by eeyore0662 on 04-04-01 at 09:26 PM.]