PDA

View Full Version : Anyone been to a Creating Keepsakes Convention??

Mickey&JoshNut
05-13-2006, 01:46 PM
There is a Creating Keepsakes Convention happening in Buffalo NY this June and I'm thinking of going but was wondering what they are like.

I have been to a couple Memories Expos in the past and loved them - are the CKC's like the Memories Expo shows with lots of retailers selling stuff?

Thanks in advance.

graygables
05-13-2006, 03:00 PM
I've never been, but I've heard good things and signed up already for CKC-Tulsa in August. I'll be working one night as a volunteer and taking 2 classes while I'm there, so I'm hoping it lives up to what I've heard!

Mickster
05-13-2006, 04:03 PM
I went to one last year and it was very fun! A lot of people though. (I guess that would be a good thing for the CK people, right?) :) I took a lot of classes and most were worthwhile. Some were either too easy or too disorganized to be beneficial. I also went to both crops (Friday and Saturday). Friday's crop was a little crazy with a scrap paper fashion show, but we got a goodie bag of stuff when we walked in. Saturday's crop was much calmer and we still got a goodie bag. The only negative was that they used round tables so if you had a lot of people at your table, there wasn't much room. I went with my MIL and had no trouble. Anything else you want to know or was this too much information already?

patchchild
05-13-2006, 04:46 PM
I'm going to one in NH next weekend, I'll let you know how it goes.

Mickey&JoshNut
05-13-2006, 05:49 PM
Thanks so much for all your replies. I am not planning to take any classes...the ones I would want to take are already sold out. I wasn't planning on attending any of the crops either because I will just be going over to Buffalo for the day (and I never seem to get as much done at a crop as I do here at home in my scrapbook room).

I'd love to hear how the show is in NH next week....please post a review.

Thanks again everyone.

Mickster
05-14-2006, 09:29 AM
Sounds good. The vendor fair is very crowded, so if you plan on going, don't bring anything to carry. I would recommend a bag to put over your shoulders, not that you have to hold in your hands. (Does that make any sense at all?) Have a good time!

Mickey&JoshNut
05-14-2006, 09:55 AM
Sounds good. The vendor fair is very crowded, so if you plan on going, don't bring anything to carry. I would recommend a bag to put over your shoulders, not that you have to hold in your hands. (Does that make any sense at all?) Have a good time!

I did notice that it says you can't bring strollers or rolling carts into the vendor faire....I do have a scrapbook bag that I thought I would bring. Thanks for the heads up.

ChristusG
05-14-2006, 10:18 PM
I've been to one for the past two years.....it is really fun!!! We went to the evening crops too!