PDA

View Full Version : Last Day No Park What to Do?

teribell
05-09-2006, 03:41 PM
Our flight does not depart until 7:40pm on our last day at WDW.
We only have 4 day tickets, so we will not be able to go to any parks.
Any suggestions on what to do? We are on the dining plan,
and I hope to have 4TS credits left for our last day.
So we could have late lunch/early dinner
We are staying at the Beach Club Resort
So I was thinking
Hang at pool eat at Beaches and Cream. or...
Somewhere on the Boardwalk. or...
Hang out at DTD eat at one the Restaurants there? or...
Check out one of the other resorts (maybe GF) and eat there?
Any other thoughts.

Also does anyone know what time the ME will pick us up for a
7:40pm flight?

Thanks for any suggestions.

T.

goofyforlife
05-09-2006, 04:18 PM
Are water parks or mini golf an option?

I was thinking Blizzard Beach/Winter Summerland and then maybe a nice lunch before you left for the bus.

You can always stow luggage with bell services and keep a day bag with you. They have changing rooms and such at BB.

kellyf2626
05-09-2006, 04:21 PM
My family and I are eating breakfast at GF (1900 Park Fare). We figured that way, after breakfast, we could ride the monorail to the Poly and Contemporary and walk around and explore these resorts...maybe hit a few more gift shops! :thumbsup2

You could also go to DTD and shop and eat - lots to do over there!

Have fun! :sunny:

cdntourguide
05-09-2006, 04:28 PM
Typically, ME express will pick you up for the trip to the airport, three hours before your flight. So figure that you need to be back to your resort no later than 4:30pm.

If I was you: I would upgrade my ticket to a 5day. Costs about $5.00 for the upgrade. Then I would go to one of the nice restaurants at Epcot for a real good lunch. Plus I would get to do TT, Soarin, Space Ship Earth, Mission Space again before having to leave.

If you did not want to go back to the parks. DTD is a great place to send your last day. Just looking around and enjoy the sites. Plus you could have a good lunch at DTD.

:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

teribell
05-09-2006, 08:09 PM
They all sound good.
I was kind of thinking abouting adding another day
didn't realize it was only like $5.00 each
I think I might just have to do that

T.

Amy&Dan
05-09-2006, 08:14 PM
I would definitely add that last day. We had a 5:00 p.m. flight our last day and had used all ten days of our park hoppers. If I could have added a day and gone to Epcot I would have. If you decide against that you could always go to DTD for lunch and a movie. I think Epcot is the perfect park to spend your last day at, so many nice places to eat. Eating at one of the monorail resorts is nice too, we have done Kona Cafe our last day once before and then rode the monorail and explored the GF and one last look at MK from the monorail. Good luck with your decision!

teribell
05-09-2006, 08:23 PM
Thanks adding a day is sounding better and better
Since we will be at BC we will be so close to Epcot
But it sure is a nice decision to have to make

T.

CoolDisneyCat
05-09-2006, 08:36 PM
Here's what I would do ..

I would plan on swimming and eating at Beaches and Cream. But I would not use the meal plan for it, I would pay OOP. I'd take the extra TS credits and upgrade one of my other meals to a signature restaurant. I would suggeat Flying Fish or Yachtsman Steakhouse ... both close to the BC.

But if decided to go to Epcot, lunch at Rose and Crown would be very nice. The outside tables are great if it isn't too hot. You would have a wonderful view of the World Showcase and a relaxing meal before heading back to the BC to meet your bus.

winniethepoohsmom
05-09-2006, 08:56 PM
We always plan a later flight when leaving, so we can relax by the pool before heading home. On our last trip we had left over SD credits, after relaxing by the POP pool we drove over to the BC late lunch/early dinner at beaches & cream no rushing, no lines, no crowds, no ressies and then strolled around the BC and Boardwalk it was so nice and relaxing a great way to end our trip. I'm sure you'll have fun whatever do.

traciedee
05-09-2006, 09:57 PM
We are going to go on an airboat ride on our last day.